Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not as flexible as you think - sm

Posted: Aug 26th, 2017 - 8:45 pm In Reply to: flexibility - hansenhomemaker

If you think you will be able to work 9-5 while kids are at school, you are sorely mistaken. All you are going to find, especially if you want to work at home is 2nd and 3rd shift overnight hours, which I guess would work if you want to work all night and then sleep while kids are at school. Otherwise, I think you will have a very hard time finding work in this field unless you are flexible enough to be chained to a computer 16 hours a day constantly checking for work so you can make minimum wage, if that. Personally, I wouldn't go this direction unless you have really researched this and it is your absolutely last option. I don't mean to burst your bubble here, but this is what you will find if you research this job more carefully. The only good advise I could give you would be to Google ESL transcription file examples and see if that is something you really want to be listening to for hours on end if you do find a job in this field, which the chances are very low of that happening. It took me 16 months to be hired for my first job in this field and that was about 15 years ago. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years in medical transcription. There is a reason why this is considered just a job now days and not a career anymore. If you are truly interested in career training, I would look elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)