Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Not the OP, but ... - Coder

Posted: Jul 8th, 2015 - 2:20 am In Reply to: Did having MT experience help you regarding hourly pay? - see msg

For my first job in coding, I was hired in part because I had been an MT.

MT will help you in coding, but it is not going to be the reason for higher pay any more than being a paralegal is going to get you higher pay as a lawyer.

If you think you will need that pay increase, you might unaware of what coding pays or you might be looking at the wrong kinds of jobs. See the AHIMA and AAPC salary surveys.

Your MT knowledge and experience is going to make it easier and faster to learn coding. You already know how to read medical records, what reports there are and what is in them, and what happens during diagnostic and surgical procedures. Do not underestimate how much that will help you! (Other coding students do not and have to learn that with coding. Many never get there.)

The more you know, the easier it will be to pass certification exams, including the CCS. Those certifications are what will enable you to get higher-paying jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)