Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

I would not wait that long to take coding - Andrews Grad

Posted: Jul 12th, 2015 - 7:04 pm In Reply to: OUTSOURCING TO NUANCE - MTZ

January is 6 months away. If you began now, you would be 6 months ahead. The job market for coders is really good right now with ICD-10 coming up in October. Delay much longer and you may miss the boat.

There ARE posts here on that company's training program. If you read back a few months, you will find them. After you finish the training program, you have to work for them for something like two years, even if you hate them, or pay them back. I think it is 15K. What they plan to pay you seemed very minimal, too, and there was no mention of increases. There was no guarantee they would accept you because they had limited slots available. The probable reason you need the training program is that you won't be ready to work when you graduate.

Personally, I would rather take a solid course that has a reputation for producing job-ready graduates, like Andrews. Their grads can take the CCS right away. They get real jobs right away and there are remote coding companies that gladly take Andrews grads, paying them decent wages.

You don't have to worry about whether you will manage to pass the big final and graduate, either, because Andrews works with you to make certain you learn what you need. More than is minimally necessary. The school requires more work all the way through, so you learn in school, not after. They provide the best professional training materials and qualified instructors who actually work with you.

The cost of Andrews is not really more, not when you consider how much more they teach. You should earn that back quickly because you can get a better job with it.

You should be able to pass the CPC about 3/4 of the way through, so there is the potential to get a job then, as well.

Note: I am an Andrews grad with both a CCS and CPC, medical center coding job. Having seen other courses, I attribute my success to Andrews. I am not paid or compensated in any way to post here. I post only to help other transitioning MTs find a way out. I think they have suffered enough from MT and do not need to suffer more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)