A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seriously....has anyone received incentive bonus within the last 3 months? - mt2

Posted: Apr 16, 2012

I have been with Nuance for 4-1/2 months.  This is my first experience with VR but I have 25+ years experience as a MT.  I have always had QAs 98% and up.  Whatever that QT thing is, my scores are horrible.  Yes, now and then I have a report that blows.  The majority of my work I have no problem with dictators, etc.  WTH is going on?  Someone please explain this to me plus who here really gets incentive bonus?

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]

C'mon people a penalty of no incentive for long periods of time when the majority of the time you may meet their requirements. In simple line rate production incentive pay equates to it is what it is and cannot be controlled by them. If an MT goes below 98% which has been the industry standard for ever then there are consequences. Maybe tack on a small bonus for 99% or higher and re-structure the line rate portion. But no way, I guess they want to control all of it unlike other mtso's.

It looks to me like nuance has come along buying others out thinking they are going to re-invent the wheel and cut our pay at the same time temporarily bringing others on with these glorified ADS they produce. They might try paying a decent wage and forget the incentive all together which they control at their discretion. This might make employees to stay with them longer.

I believe I have never seen one company that has been so *anti MT* as Nuance.

Thank you answering my question. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Like I said, I'm not new at this and I do my job. I would rather have a decent salary rather than worry about making some inflated, out of reach bonus. I have been trying to keep a good attitude about this job but OMG my patience is wearing thin. I'm moving within a year and will be looking for a job outside the house, more for my santify than anything. Things need to change in this field. MTSOs are pushing out the hard-working GOOD MTs. Not that they give a you-know-what. I just wanted to know who here really makes incentive pay. and someone please explain that QC crap to me! How can it be 98, 95, 99, 76 and 15% ???????

Seriously - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, every pay period.

FIESA - trying to leave

[ In Reply To ..]
I am confused and of course my manager is non-existent. Are our incentives now being based on the weekly FIESA review? Or the same 3 month review. Lord, I cannot wait to leave this place......

That's what I'm trying to figure out ! - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
My FEISA reports are A's. I'm off pending reports. Then why are my QC scores low? Someone please explain this! God, I can't wait to get out of this field.

Good for you. How? - justwondering

[ In Reply To ..]
What's the secret? I don't hurry so my reports are good. I make sure to check the acct specs on each report. I research words. What are you really averaging per hour on lines? please explain this to us.

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]

How.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, first of all, I have been on my current account since day one for me and day one for my account. I have spent nearly 4 years on the account, so needless to say I am very, very familiar. Maybe I'm good at what I do or maybe just lucky, but I don't have any problem meeting the requirements. I think its all about being familiar with all of the dictators on the account. I don't think Nuance is trying to be deceitful in any way and I know you all can do it, just be patient. Please don't bomblast me with anything like me being a suit or anything else. I am just a hard worker and proud of what I do. It can be done!
I appreciate your honesty. - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
I've only been doing VR for 4-1/2 months, but I've been a MT for 25+. It just irritates me when I bust my butt here doing the best I can to see such a lousy paycheck and the constant low QC scores WHICH I DO NOT UNDERSTAND when my FIESA crap scores are A's. Maybe I will get better on here, maybe not. I do know I get so sick of this.
How.... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
All I can say is hang in there. Since Nuance has gotten so darn big I don't know what your TL is like but don't hesitate to question anything you might feel is counted against you incorrectly. Mine has always been great about making sure everything is fair.
. - .
[ In Reply To ..]
as a Transcender, soon to be Nuancer - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what is this loss per quarter -- ?? Is it incentive not given, is is punative for errors, what do you mean?

Yes, I have gotten a bonus since becoming a - NTS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance employee after the Webmedx buyout. I have gotten a bonus each pay period since the transition.

This all sounds like a "hit and miss" situation. - Varies from person to person..either way

[ In Reply To ..]
it doesn't sound good. The base pay is less than attractive and the incentive program keeps me guessing. No thanks, I'll pass.

I don't know what to tell you. I liked WMX's bonus system - NTS-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
better, but I haven't had a problem meeting the requirements for NTS. I work the same accounts that I worked for 8 years though, so I imagine that factors in since I know the dictators. Also, my accounts have recently transition to the Escription speech engine and the difference in the draft quality is amazing compared to what we were dealing with before. That also factors in.

All I know is NTS has been quite good to me up to this point.

Hit and miss - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
With all due respect, it is not "hit or miss", its based on what you do and how well you it and does not vary from person to person.
. - .
[ In Reply To ..]
Based on the replies and from what I have heard - it comes across as a "hit and miss situation".
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you are saying that the MTs who dont have luck with incentive are not producing enough or doing well.

Again, it seems to vary from what I can tell.
Based... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no "luck" with the incentive. Yes, perhaps they are not producing enough or doing well, thus no incentive. It does not vary. No one is hand picked to get the incentive and no one is excluded if they perform their job properly.
Last I heard, we were all entitled to opinions and - that is mine and I stand by it.
[ In Reply To ..]
having worked for a place where EVERYONE got incentive regardless as long as they met productivity and passed audits every 3 months -

I still say this method sounds like a "hit and miss" and I still say it sounds like it varies with each person.

I have to wonder why you are taking this so personal?
I would guess because she actually works there - Whereas you do not
[ In Reply To ..]
You're basing your opinion on posts on a forum.

That poster actually apparently works at Nuance and has first-hand, factual information.

Now, guess who's opinion is more valid?

See, it's not rocket science. Sour grapes by those who aren't getting an incentive versus the posts of an apparently successful MT who actually works for the company.

You're most assuredly entitled to your opinion; however, you might want to consider the ulterior motives of posters who have reason for bias.
I'm not biased. I make good money where I work - and if I ever lost my job, I would
[ In Reply To ..]
go back to full time nursing. I still make good, thats why I'm still around. But trust and believe, I keep my license active by working every other weekend just in case I have to go full time again.

No reason for me to try to make Nuance look bad, how would that benefit me? and what would the ulterior motive be?
. - .
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Survey - Feelings Be Known Regarding QA/QC And Losing Incentive For 3 Months
Jul 30, 2012

I think everyone should take the survey that was in our e-mail this morning.  Supposedly it is anonymous.  In the last box, I certainly let my feelings be known regarding QA/QC and losing incentive for 3 months based on BS QA/QC scores that are never reversed when challenged.  I know it won't matter but at least they will know how unhappy we are.  There were actually a lot of good questions that pertain to things I have seen discussed on this board.  ...

Has Anyone Ever Received A Hiring Bonus?
Jul 17, 2014

I am curious how it works. I'm sure you have to wait until after a probation period. Just wondering what other stipulations are set to receive the bonus; ie., line requirement, quality requirement, etc.  Is the bonus paid in a lump sum or increments? Any info is appreciated. ...

Bonus/Incentive
Nov 22, 2013

I can't seem to get a clear answer about this.  So, the incentive, I know it's if you've got less than 10% going to QC, have a qualifying QA score, and starts with 7001 lines for the week, but how is it paid out.  Do you get the extra $0.0025 on lines 7001-8000, then $0.005 on lines 8000-9000?  So, if I had 8500 lines.  Assuming I was at 4 CPL for edit, (assuming it's all edit) at base rate I'd get $340.  I would qualify for the bonus/incentive ...

Incentive And Bonus
Nov 01, 2014

I don't understand the incentive and bonus. Aren't there two different things? That is, a weekly incentive which certain requirements to meet for a little extra pay, and a quartery (3-month) bonus which other certain requirement for a little more extra pay? ...

Has Anyone Received Q4 Bonus This October 31st?
Nov 02, 2013

Has anyone received the promised Q4 bonus for those who qualified (I think October 31st is the date I read on an old email). I was wondering because last quarter I did receive a little bonus and my stats have not really changed much for this quarter but I haven't received any email or any news if the bonus has been paid for this quarter.   Thanks. ...

Incentive/bonus Days
Sep 27, 2012

So I'm out of work already this morning! Swell... ...

Regarding Incentive Versus Bonus?
Nov 08, 2013

I know there was a training video regarding what the incentive as well as bonus qualifications at Nuance, but I never understood it. Some of you seem to be complaining of Nuance using underhanded tactics to avoid rewarding any bonus or incentive, which is probably a major reason why you complain of being "mistreated." (I, on the other hand, don't feel mistreated by Nuance per se, except for the ridiculous monetary compensation). But I have never sought out the bonus nor incentive, basica ...

Nuance Incentive/bonus Pay A Joke?
Jun 22, 2011

I know it was just asked how they figure out their bonus, but I am concerned because I found recent posts that say the lines are "weighted", and their own ad says "quality based" incentive program. Another poster alluded to comma nuts that QA you to death so that you end up with little to no available lines for incentive. Is there anyone out there who has had a recent experience with this who could enlighten those of us who have been sold out? What I am concerned about is that it sounds like you ...

Question Regarding The Weekly Incentive Bonus
Sep 03, 2013

Has anyone out there ever typed 15,000 lines in a week and if so, what is the weekly bonus amount?  Not talking about the line pay per week, the weekly bonus pay.  Thanks for any help. ...

7 Cents A Line, IC, No Bonus Incentive Program...sm
May 13, 2010

Would you bother? It's clinic work, so it should be easy, but I don't think I could make a living on that. ...

Is There An Incentive Bonus This Weekend? Didn't Get Any Email.
Jan 14, 2011

xx ...

* Imedx Reduces Bonus Incentive Effective Now
Feb 12, 2015

Email just sent, welcome to the beginning of the very end..... ...

I Didn't Get My Incentive Bonus And Our New Health Insurance Blows
Oct 15, 2012

Not really going to try to maintain % to QC.  Guess they will be filling in a lot of blanks for me.  Looks like Nuance shot themselves in the foot. ...

Grammar: 6-months' Time Or 6- Months Time Or 6 Months' Time
May 25, 2011

I had found an answer somewhere about this problem, but naturally can't find it now: The patient will be followed in 6 months' time.   OR The patient will be followed in 6-months' time.  Thanks for the help. ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

18 Months' Ago
May 18, 2011

hey ladies, this may sound stupid just wanted to double check this. doc says "18 months ago." I'm pretty sure there is no apostrophe right? like its not possessive. TIA ...

Been Gone From MQ For A Few Months Now
Dec 17, 2011

I've been gone from MQ for about 5 months now, working at the front desk at a local group of docs office.  I learned how to schedule patients and meetings,  take payments, do the office bills, and file claims and bill insurance for patients and I've got to say, I never gave a thought to much of the person working the front desk.  I have been yelled at, threatened, given dirty looks and was once even told that I was an "old, ugly hag".  All this usually happens when ...

Been Gone From MM For 3 Months
Jul 25, 2014

The fact that the crappy work from overseas is no longer my problem. ...

Been Job Searching For 2 Months...
Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now. ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Months Of Time
Jul 11, 2011

I know the basic rule for apostrophes and time, i.e. one month's time, two months' time, etc. but what if the provider dictates, "Patient advised to follow up in here in three months of time..." Is the apostrophe still appropriate since he uses 'of' between? ...

6 Months' Time
Jun 08, 2012

I was corrected ove 2 years ago typing "I will see him back in 6 months' time" that the apostrophe comes after the"s" in months, but I got audited today and got marked off. Can someone please let me know if it is "6 month's time" or "6 months' time"???????? ...

Been Gone From Nuance For Several Months Now
Aug 14, 2013

I have to say the stress level went down almost immediately. I went on to be a CNA and though physically harder work, there is room for growth financially and moving up into another position. Not so with Nuance. Growth potential at this place was zero-more like they try to keep you held down as much as possible. I loved transcription when I started 10 years ago, but this company made me dread even looking at my computer. Good luck to all those who are still here. Prayers for you as you struggle ...

Using EditScript For About 3 Months Now
Nov 16, 2013

I've been using EditScript for about 3 months now, and it's the pits.  :p ...

Well, I Finally Did It! After Many Months Of Trying
Nov 20, 2013

I got fired!  And the best part of it is I get to collect UE because the HR witch is too ignorant to go about it in the right way.  The feeling of relief is so overwhelming and now I am free to pursue other employment.  Thanks so much Nuance for getting something right for me!  Mission accomplished.  Yeah me!!  ...

Left MM A Few Months Ago, During ..
Dec 23, 2013

the summer.  I took a couple months to find a new job.  When I did, unfortunately, the only thing out there was transcribing so, I reluctantly took the job.  I was absolutely floored.  They are without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for.  They don't do off shoring or use MTs from India/in India.  I just got a gift card in the mail from them!  My boss is wonderful.  I have issues with taking care of my husband and they never give me grief ...

4 Months Notice For PTO
Mar 17, 2014

Can someone please tell me how 4 MONTHS NOTICE is insufficient for PTO?!  It would seem that as a manager your responsibility would be to assess and find coverage as required, and with that much advance notice you shouldn't have a terrible time doing that.  Besides, it's not like my shift is the one that's always hard up for extra help.  C'mon!  Don't act like I've put you in a pickle, you have 4 months to figure out a simple 5-day solution. &nbs ...

It's Been 6 Months Since I Left MM And On
Dec 11, 2014

except to get worse, so I don't regret leaving. My plan was to become an IC so that I could work my own days/hours, as I needed more flexibility to take care of my aging parents, but it turned out the few responses I received to the many resumes I sent out all wanted someone to work set days/hours too. I have done MT work my entire adult life and always thought I would do it until I retired because I found it interesting and challenging, but the profession has changed so much now that I hav ...

If Anybody Gets A DVT During These Months Of Mandatory OT
Apr 26, 2015

(on top of being harrassed for any idle time to stretch our legs), I hope they sue the hell out of them for every penny they've got.  What kind of uncaring jerks make you do mandatory OT for months? ...