A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

7 cents a line, IC, no bonus incentive program...sm - cashstrapped

Posted: May 13, 2010

Would you bother? It's clinic work, so it should be easy, but I don't think I could make a living on that.

I would think that should be strictly.........nm - Your decision!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Having done clinic work, you'd have a hard time making a living - Just my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the time clinic notes are very short, and depending on the program, takes some time to get in there and type those few lines that will probably only be like 50 cents a report, if your lucky. I was making 9 cpl and I struggled to get 100-150 lines an hour so I figured I was only making around $10 an hour, but again that was at 7 cpl. You could always try it. The platform might be user friendly and you could really buzz through the reports.

You speak the truth...sm - Scoobie

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! The reports are usually very, very short - sometimes takes more time to get in the report than to type it - and they're not always easy. They tend to talk very fast, and you still get your share of ESLs.
ditto - I am not making a living
[ In Reply To ..]
making minimum wage at this point with mostly short charts, any and all worktypes, and lots of ESLs. The demographics and cc's take so much time, and we are not paid a cent for those.

Do you already have a job or are you completely without? - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that might be my deciding factor. If I were getting unemployment benefits of any kind, would the potential income in this job be more than those benefits? Do you have any income coming in at all? For me, if I had no income, I'd take the job and just keep on looking for something with a better line rate because at least some income is better than no income. Just remember to put some aside for your taxes or pay your taxes right away with each check, because if you don't that will come back and bite you in the rear like nothing you've ever experienced.

You might also talk to the recruiter or whomever you're dealing with and ask them about the work flow and what the average lph their current people normally do. I do clinic work and I average about 200 to 230 lph. I have periods where I can do more and have done up to 300, but it's not sustainable for me at this point. The one nice thing about clinic work is you can set up templates and normals and fly through some stuff, so even those short reports that take up the time with the demographics can be productive because you're not having to do much actual typing.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Similar Messages:

If You Thought 8 Cents Was Bad, 6 Cents/line Is Downright Insulting
Apr 13, 2010

RE:  Posting on the job seekers board.   ....especially for something like psych where you can't make as many big normals like you would be able to do with other specialities. I would have liked to work some extra on some psych accounts, but that pay is just disgusting. ...

10 Cents A Line For Transcription And 5-6 Cents A Line For VRE?
Mar 19, 2015

Are there any companies out there that pay at least 10 cents a line for transcription and 5-6 cents a line for VRE? This career is not what it used to be!  ...

Bonus/Incentive
Nov 22, 2013

I can't seem to get a clear answer about this.  So, the incentive, I know it's if you've got less than 10% going to QC, have a qualifying QA score, and starts with 7001 lines for the week, but how is it paid out.  Do you get the extra $0.0025 on lines 7001-8000, then $0.005 on lines 8000-9000?  So, if I had 8500 lines.  Assuming I was at 4 CPL for edit, (assuming it's all edit) at base rate I'd get $340.  I would qualify for the bonus/incentive ...

Incentive And Bonus
Nov 01, 2014

I don't understand the incentive and bonus. Aren't there two different things? That is, a weekly incentive which certain requirements to meet for a little extra pay, and a quartery (3-month) bonus which other certain requirement for a little more extra pay? ...

Incentive/bonus Days
Sep 27, 2012

So I'm out of work already this morning! Swell... ...

Regarding Incentive Versus Bonus?
Nov 08, 2013

I know there was a training video regarding what the incentive as well as bonus qualifications at Nuance, but I never understood it. Some of you seem to be complaining of Nuance using underhanded tactics to avoid rewarding any bonus or incentive, which is probably a major reason why you complain of being "mistreated." (I, on the other hand, don't feel mistreated by Nuance per se, except for the ridiculous monetary compensation). But I have never sought out the bonus nor incentive, basica ...

Nuance Incentive/bonus Pay A Joke?
Jun 22, 2011

I know it was just asked how they figure out their bonus, but I am concerned because I found recent posts that say the lines are "weighted", and their own ad says "quality based" incentive program. Another poster alluded to comma nuts that QA you to death so that you end up with little to no available lines for incentive. Is there anyone out there who has had a recent experience with this who could enlighten those of us who have been sold out? What I am concerned about is that it sounds like you ...

Seriously....has Anyone Received Incentive Bonus Within The Last 3 Months?
Apr 16, 2012

I have been with Nuance for 4-1/2 months.  This is my first experience with VR but I have 25+ years experience as a MT.  I have always had QAs 98% and up.  Whatever that QT thing is, my scores are horrible.  Yes, now and then I have a report that blows.  The majority of my work I have no problem with dictators, etc.  WTH is going on?  Someone please explain this to me plus who here really gets incentive bonus? ...

Question Regarding The Weekly Incentive Bonus
Sep 03, 2013

Has anyone out there ever typed 15,000 lines in a week and if so, what is the weekly bonus amount?  Not talking about the line pay per week, the weekly bonus pay.  Thanks for any help. ...

Is There An Incentive Bonus This Weekend? Didn't Get Any Email.
Jan 14, 2011

xx ...

* Imedx Reduces Bonus Incentive Effective Now
Feb 12, 2015

Email just sent, welcome to the beginning of the very end..... ...

New Incentive Program.....
Mar 15, 2010

I like how they try to make this seem great.  It's probably no better or worse than we were before with the monthly incentives.  When I got that email that said "line rate change" I really thought it was another pay cut. I tried to figure how much the increase would be.  I figured that the raise would give me 7 cents more per hour or about 56 cents a day? That can't be correct, although considering who we are dealing with.....maybe it is?  How do you figure exactl ...

Incentive Program
Apr 30, 2012

Can someone tell me the specifics of the incentive plan?  I can't get a reply from my supervisor and I have no emails explaining the program to me.  I am wondering how you qualify, how often is it given out, etc.  Can the plan be found anywhere online?  Thank you for your help! ...

I Didn't Get My Incentive Bonus And Our New Health Insurance Blows
Oct 15, 2012

Not really going to try to maintain % to QC.  Guess they will be filling in a lot of blanks for me.  Looks like Nuance shot themselves in the foot. ...

MQ Stopping The Incentive Program......
Jun 08, 2010

Take take take.  I know this is the norm for this company.  First they came up with that one incentive back in 2007, which was pretty good, and then changed it to something not so good.  Now they just decide to take it away altogether.  Is it really going to come to us PAYING THEM for the privilege of working for them?  They said there will be a new incentive program, but where is it?  I have a feeling there isn't one.  My question is to those who have ei ...

And How About That New Quality Bonus Program?
Dec 11, 2012

Very similar to the old Better Me, Better We program (except that had much more attainable, tiered QA % levels, starting at 98%).  I can only imagine being at 99.4% and not getting this.  Wonder if QA is going to ramp up their nitpickiness even more now?  And nice, new hurdle in terms of even getting any bonus with change from 15% QC submissions maximum to 10%.  I'd really rather work for higher wages (and shift differential) with reasonable QA and not ever have bonus a ...

How Is 5 Cents A Line For QA?
Aug 18, 2010

I've been offered 5 cents to QA, I used to QA hourly but I've come to realize hourly isn't offered much anymore.  I'm getting carpal tunnel, which is quite painful, and I'd love to type less and still make money.  Is this rate too low??  I'd also be independent contractor, but I don't mind IC.  ...

Cents Per Line
Aug 29, 2010

Were you recently employed by Medquist, OSi or Transcend?  What is your rate per line?  How many previous years of MT experience?  Where do you live? ...

6 Cents A Line??
Oct 19, 2010

Surely they jest!! ...

0.375 Cents Per Line
Feb 23, 2012

Why not just ask for volunteers and be done with it? ...

6 Cents A Line!!!
Mar 28, 2013

Why don't we just transcribe for free and get a charity deduction!!!  LOL  It just keeps getting worse and worse.  So depressing. ...

Job Offers: 0.04 / 0.05 Cents Per Line
Jul 30, 2010

Hello all.. this will be my first real job.. I've applied at several places, taken the tests, sent in resumes... and now I'm getting calls with job offers. These people are company owners who sound very nice and legitimate, but what I'm being offered sounds pretty low.  The first company says: 0.04 cents per line, and the second one says they pay 0.05 cents.  The second company says they pay by the "byte" rather than by the line.  You take the total number of bytes ...

QA Rate 3.5 Cents Per Line??
Sep 25, 2010

It is just me or is 3.5 cents per line for quality assurance editing sound like a very low rate of pay, or is that the norm now a days? ...

6 Cents A Line...MT Is Becoming A Joke
Oct 18, 2010

There is a new job posting for 6 cents a line....this field of work is becoming more unappealing every day; to think I have given this field 37 years of my life including weekends and holidays, I have never taken such big step backwards.  Barely making minimum wage these days.  I remember the good old days..... ...

Any Companies Pay More Than 4.5 Cents Per Line On SR/VR?
Dec 15, 2010

I've been working for a national company for over 5 years and all of my accounts have been transitioned to 100% SR work at 4.5 cents per line (a far cry from what I used to make).  I'm now basically making minimum wage due to all the editing that needs to be done to these reports (and we've been on SR for over a year now).  They keep making changes to improve SR but it's just getting worse and worse.  From what I've read it sounds like 4.5 cents per line i ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

7 Cents A Line W/o Spaces!!
Oct 24, 2011

There has got to be something better than this!!  Any one know of any companies that pay more than this for subcontractor with 4 years experience? ...

5 Cents A Line With Templates
Jun 20, 2012

I'm wondering if 5 cents a line with 40% templates is a decent pay rate.  This is all straight typing, no VR.  Anybody else in this situation?   I need to make a decision.  Thanks for any info! ...

Would You Work For 5 Cents A Line?
Jul 28, 2012

I was offered a job making 5 cents a line for straight transcription.  Is that an insult or a fair wage?  ...

Whatever Happened To 8 Cents A Line?
Aug 03, 2013

When I took the Career Step course not even 5 years ago, the industry supposedly was paying on average 6-9 cents a line. I worked in a hospital at an hourly wage for a few years and was recently laid off and am working at one of the online companies now - and I REALLY want to know what happened to the 6-9 cents a line I was told was industry standard FIVE years ago? I'm making 4 cents a line now -- how does an industry pay LESS 5 years later? ...