A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

October news - newbutold

Posted: Sep 24, 2014

Does anybody have a clue what's coming down next week?  Got a strange email (don't want to post what was said to give myself away) not from my TL but from her boss (which I have never gotten anything from her before) referring to my production, etc.  and alluding to things changing next month. 

October news - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't seen anything from my lead or her boss, but I have set myself up with a backup position just in case it is really ugly.

October changes - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Did it sound threatening or like a warning or more promising?

not threatening really - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
just like a forewarning that things were going to change and I might need to step up my game sort of (paraphrasing). My accuracy is right around 99%. Also my name was not in email so could have gone to other people on team although not indicated in the send to line but easily could have sent it to several people. I know for a fact that on our team there are very few people that meet all the criteria weekly due to us getting a weekly summary of everybody. I am definitely in the majority and not the minority so if it means that we are going to be let go then the whole team will be wiped out for the most part. I also have a second part time job that i can easily switch to full time if need be and has better QA by far (not saying much though). Also lately the FIESA has been practically nonexistent. Where as before I would get something on a daily basis I now seem to get absolutely nothing which is even more alarming then this email

Just a hunch, but - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a feeling that if you don't meet the bench marks for your metrics you might see something change. Performance action plans for everybody maybe ? Who knows. I've never been able to meet all the requirements and I try the best I can, so whatever.

My guess... - Exciting news. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Exciting news! We are increasing the minimum lph to 400, which means a pay raise for most MTs!

Unfortunately, I think there will be changes to address the increased min wage. I already struggle on the cruddy E5 platform to meet their minimum, so any increase will get me either fired or micromanaged.

agree - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I always make 2 of the 3 requirements. Forget about bonus anymore. It has been so long since I have made that it isn't even funny. I can go along all week and do great and then on Friday lo and behold I will have done something to cause me to fall below in one category. Today I have been OOW off and on all day which is really strange for the account I am on and it being a Tuesday and all. That is also leading me to believe that something is up and that the work is going elsewhere

The work always goes somewhere else. That is why you are here. - To get your account trained well

[ In Reply To ..]
Enough that the Indians can do it. It is the only reason Nuance ever took you on!

Please read back in history on this board, people!

The big "changes" coming in October are Nuance's way of culling the U.S. herd even further, pressuring people to quit they find undesirable.

And for anyone naive enouh to think you are safe because you are on an account that "can't be off shored, it is in the contract"... well all contracts are re-negotiated every year. Get a grip!

October = January - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Was told by manager that the "October changes" will not be happening until January, whatever they are.

Higher quality requirements, less pay and - mass firings.

[ In Reply To ..]
They call it restructuring. All MT companies are following this plan.

IMO - That....

[ In Reply To ..]
....since there have been daily metrics sent out regarding TAT and quality of audits, as well as the weekly scorecards, and "quality documents delivered on time..." is the daily motto, that if you are not meeting those requirements, you will be let go? I really don't know, but there has been a big stress on the above in the last few weeks.

nothing daily - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I hardly get anything from my TL anymore which is what is so strange. Only the weekly scorecards. Helpful hints that she sends out but that is it and notes indicating that my secondaries need extra help. No daily metrics about TAT or quality of audits. Very strange

That's me - after 11 years

[ In Reply To ..]
All of a sudden in the last month I am not meeting criteria. Seems strange after 11 years. Anybody else have this happen to them. I think they are playing with the numbers.

Maybe it is a hint to start stocking the pantry--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and get the Christmas shopping done ASAP.

Similar Messages:

Big News In October??
Jun 23, 2014

I hadn't heard much about this, but with all the problems they are having hiring and training, offering bonuses to sign on, etc.  maybe (I might be dreaming) the changes will be for once to our benefit.  Plan on sticking it out to see for sure.  Call me a fool or an optimist --we will see which in October. ...

The Big News In October, I Have A Guess
Jun 20, 2014

Remember an earlier poster said they had heard that supposedly there was going to be "big news" in October or some such that would help MTs make better production or more money somehow? Some folks were leery, hypothesizing that any change at Nuance usually means bad news for MTs.  This came to me in the middle of the night last night so it is likely off the wall. But, I think everyone will be required to clock in and out each time they leave the keyboard for any reason. In other words, no ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Pay Day October 9th For Transcend?
Oct 05, 2012

I work for Transcend and we are scheduled to be paid October 9th, but Monday, October 8th is Columbus Day and a federal holiday which means banks are closed.  So will this push pay day up to Wednesday the 10th?  I haven't worked here very long and wanted to know.  Just wonder if the holiday would effect the pay date?   ...

Christmas In October!!!
Sep 11, 2013

Don't they usually wait until right before the holidays to give us our annual pay cut?  I guess they felt we deserved it early this year. ...

October Fiesa/QA Changes??
Sep 15, 2014

Really tempted to move on to another company, but Nuance has bought up the last 2 I tried that on.   Now kind of curious to stay and see if any any changes the changes they hinted at for October will be good. ...

October Announcement
Sep 26, 2014

I am no my shift right now......a lot of strange things lately.  I canno get ANYONE to answer an e-mail.  My boss decided to go on "vacation" for 2 weeks and will not be back until middle of October?  FIESA?  I haven't received anything from them in weeks!!   ...

October Post
Nov 06, 2014

I read/responded to an October post, and can't find it.  Down at the bottom of the main board are places to click for previous months, but not October, and the page only goes so far.  I cannot find anything to click for next page.  Is that stupid, or what?  Thanks ...

Graduating October 30, 2012 Looking For Work
Oct 02, 2012

I will be finished with school at the end of this month. Does anyone hire recent grads? How can I get into the field if everyone wants to hire only those with experience? I could use some help on this. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thank you, ***** ...

Has Anyone Received Q4 Bonus This October 31st?
Nov 02, 2013

Has anyone received the promised Q4 bonus for those who qualified (I think October 31st is the date I read on an old email). I was wondering because last quarter I did receive a little bonus and my stats have not really changed much for this quarter but I haven't received any email or any news if the bonus has been paid for this quarter.   Thanks. ...

Article In October's Issue Of Reader's Digest....
Sep 24, 2010

Reader's Digest, October issue, has an article based on physicians, nurses and pharmacists sharing their mistakes which caused fatal incidences.  It could be a good time to write in a response on what is happening with the medical records too.  You know, the errors made with voice recognition, lousy dictation either because of doctors, equipment or environment, and the fact that we are required to have 98% accuracy in transcribing reports, not to mention the off shoring.... ...

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...

Possible Good News
Mar 19, 2014

I interviewed for a job at a local, major hospital.  It was interesting to learn that the HIM department is in the process of bringing transcription back in house, at least partially.  It was claimed that their transcription company was not doing a satisfactory job.  This might be good news my MT friends.  Maybe this will be a trend?   I'm certainly hoping so and I mentioned how excited I was about the possibility of in-house transcription jobs being available in th ...