A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Great News for Me! - Relieved

Posted: Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it!

hospital backed off outsourcing - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
That's wonderful! Congratulations! That is almost unheard of. Sounds like some hospitals are getting wiser. Maybe that will be a new trend.

hospital backed off outsourcing - Vera

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad for you, but if I were you I definitely would be on my guard. They will probable find another company eventually. I used to have a hospital job and got outsourced 4 years ago and my money has gone downhill ever since. Hope the hospital has definitely changed their mind. In the meantime, stash back all the money you can just in case. Good luck.

Congrats. I'm happy for you and the others. - May it continue. And it may. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I understand, but... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
While I understand your relief and excitement over what is, indeed, fabulous news for you; if this had been me, I think I might have just kept it to myself and celebrated with family and friends who know me.

You are indeed extremely fortunate; and although I'm glad that you got some good news for a change, there are so many on this board who are suffering greatly through no fault of their own. Just seems to me that it's a tad insensitive to post this here.

Congratulations to you and your co-workers. Again, I understand your elation. I sure wish I could turn back the hands of time and have had that same outcome at my hospital.

Wow, seriously? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are actually going to come on here and burst someone's bubble because it might be "insensitive" to those of you who have crappy jobs? This is the economy we are living in and as a fellow MT you should be happy for someone who can continue in a career that you once found great. Not to mention the fact that if one hospital wisened up, maybe more will follow, which would be good news to all of us. I absolutely do not take this as being insensitive or rubbing it in...she is trying to maybe give some of you hope that things could turn around! Seriously you negative nellies need to get the he** off this board. It's getting sickening!

I agree - appreciate positivity

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree, appreciate the fact someone is willing to share positive experiences!

I may not be as fortunate as the OP, but her post - does NOT offend me! It gives me HOPE! NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Crappy job over here - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
But I think it's nice to hear about someone who's able to keep the job they love. I wish I could have kept mine.

I don't think we should discourage people from sharing the good. Otherwise, we'll only hear the bad, and how depressing would THAT be???

I know I'm adult enough to hear about someone else's good fortune and not get all butt-hurt because I'm stuck working for an MTSO.

You're an idiot - Shut up

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you need to step away from the computer, and then slap yourself for making such a stupid post.

Congratulations! I think more hospitals are starting - to realize outsourcing isnt - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the "bargain" it's touted to be. The less they compensate their workers, and the more of it that goes offshore, the worse the quality gets.

Au contraire. - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
ONE instance of a hospital doing a 180 on outsourcing DOES NOT indicate a trend of any kind. It is anecdotal and not statistical anyway so entirely moot.

If your comment that "more hospitals are starting to realize..." were true, we would see MT departments coming back -- and they aren't. The work is still outsourced to slave companies, many of whom send the work OFFSHORE. (Yes, they are two different teams, but many times both situations coexist within a single instance.)

You guys are living in fantasyland if you think many hospitals are going to
reverse the axing they have done. It's NOT going to happen.

If you're going to dream, it should be about getting some type of training for your next occupation. Then follow that up with ACTION. THAT would be productive.

P.S. - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
Forgot to add a primary point: Hospitals DO NOT care about quality anymore. Most docs don't either.

Au contraire - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll beg to differ...I live in a small area and our local hospital brought on Epic...the doctors hate it. In fact, one doctor told me that there were a group of doctors that hated it so much they were planning on doing something about it. It is now a year later and the hospital has ads out for in-house MTs. So yes it is and can be a reality. Also, I worked for one MTSO a about two years back, they told me that some of the hospitals had pulled out because they wanted to go back with in-house transcriptionists...lo and behold one of those hospitals was advertising on another website for in-house so how's that for reality?

Congrats - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
What awesome news--congratulations and be very grateful you won't have to work for Nuance!

outsourcing - recentlyoutsourced

[ In Reply To ..]
just be careful about "having your job saved." we were told the same thing last summer, "you're jobs are safe." They kept whittling our crew down a few at a time, took away our ER stuff (outsourced to an MTSO to get caught up), were told we could have our ER's back soon as we could get caught up (NEVER HAPPENED!), and in the end STILL outsourced our whole department W/O telling the physicians that they did that until MONTHS after it happened. Docs were NOT happy when reports starting coming back with multiple blanks and poor quality. I've gone from making $26 an hour to making LESS than min. wage.....Count your lucky stars!

Sorry, I didn't intend to come across that way. - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
MT: If you only knew me--I'm so far from being a "negative nellie," but I do admit that this MT situation has worn me down and been a little soul-crushing. Maybe that's just made me more sensitive to everyone's circumstances than normal.

I've had two major family tragedies in the last few years and then lost my hospital job of 20 years to outsourcing, but I've still tried to remain as upbeat and positive as I can. I don't sit around saying "oh, poor me" and truly don't even usually come on this board complaining, but I admit that this new reality of the MT world has been extremely hard for some of us. While I'm not usually negative on this board, I don't begrudge those who sometimes need to vent here or tell them to get off the board if they do (after all, it's not MY board). I know it's a big help for some posters to just know they can post on a board where others understand what they're going through.

I'm sure the OP didn't intend her post to rub it in or be insensitive on purpose; and, as I said, I do understand the elation and joy they all must all feel. I didn't intend to burst her bubble....truly! Maybe it was the wording of being "one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well" that came across, to me, as being a tad insensitive. I didn't read anything into the original post that seemed intended to give someone else hope. Since the OP is one of the last MTs who still had a decent job, that would mean that for so many of us, it's too late for OUR facilities to back off outsourcing our work.

It may not sound like it, but I'm not at all UN-happy for the OP. It's fabulous news for her. I'm MUCH more fortunate than a lot of people on this board since I have a spouse who earns enough that we can get by for now. I just try to keep in mind that many here are not as lucky, and some don't seem to have any way out of what is a horrible situation for them.

I am one who hate being a MT BUT I am happy for you !!!! - mt_not_for_long

[ In Reply To ..]
I have noticed a couple hospitals in my area starting to bring back in-house MTs. Hmmmm....... are they finally realizing what kind of reports they were getting????? I hope the majority of the hospitals bring back in-house MTs. I would start loving my job again. :)

Similar Messages:

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Oh Just Great! NOT No OT Pay For Me.
Mar 03, 2011

I was just informed that, even though I worked OT in my time zone (PST) and before my shift (second shift), their day is in CST, so anything after their midnight (CST) goes to the next day - that days and hours count in CST. Geez, maybe I should be working my shift in CST hours. That could be nice. I would get to start 2 hours earlier and stop at a more decent hour. This stinks like week-old fish, and I'm thinking the Calif EED might look at it a different way! ...

Great Fun Looking For A New FT Job
Oct 30, 2011

because when I find a line rate that is deplorable, I will email them back a scolding message how they should be ashamed of themselves and I would have applied to them but for that. Imagine if we all did that even when not looking for a job. ...

ISN'T V.R. GREAT!!??!!
Sep 01, 2012

I edit radiology V.R. Reports and Had to post this one..This just goes to show you how well V.R. really works. It printed: Patient motion of skiers detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little of L. He said: Patient motion OBSCURES detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little AVAIL. Thank God this doctor knows he needs an editor. Most hospitals are letting the doctors "edit" their own work (which they don't do and just sign the stuff and let it go thru b ...

Great...NJA Now But, Hey!
Apr 17, 2013

cause we are fighting for scraps of work.  I bet whoever's idea that was got a big ol' bonus ...

Great TAT!
May 31, 2013

Wow got an email about how great our TAT is.  Care to wonder why?  I get 1 report, finish that, and then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes pushing that freaking button hoping I get the next job before somebody else does, all the while our TL says how wonderful we all are to keep up that TAT and make her look good.  Yeah she gets the bonus and I go on food stamps, what a wonderful company this is!  ...

Ah, This Would Be Great!
Jul 05, 2013

Just imagine if some of these terrible dictators had to go in and edit to fix their botched up VR reports for a while.  I'm sure it would not take very long before they cleaned up that messy dictation.  :) ...

Another Great Tip
Jul 30, 2013

If you are not sure leave a QA marker....but don't be not sure too many times or we will dock your pay! ...

Thank You OTI -- Really Great To Have NJA At 6 A.m. Nm
Oct 24, 2013

sss ...

Here's A Great Job
Feb 04, 2014

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting, but this is too good to pass up, an Epic abstractor job.  ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...

Possible Good News
Mar 19, 2014

I interviewed for a job at a local, major hospital.  It was interesting to learn that the HIM department is in the process of bringing transcription back in house, at least partially.  It was claimed that their transcription company was not doing a satisfactory job.  This might be good news my MT friends.  Maybe this will be a trend?   I'm certainly hoping so and I mentioned how excited I was about the possibility of in-house transcription jobs being available in th ...

Big News In October??
Jun 23, 2014

I hadn't heard much about this, but with all the problems they are having hiring and training, offering bonuses to sign on, etc.  maybe (I might be dreaming) the changes will be for once to our benefit.  Plan on sticking it out to see for sure.  Call me a fool or an optimist --we will see which in October. ...