A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Compensation Plan - AGAIN?!?!?!?!? - SeriousMT

Posted: Mar 18, 2015

I am about ready to cry.  After finally becoming accustomed to the "new and exciting" compensation plan and realizing that my salary had actually increased by several hundred dollars per paycheck, am I really reading this email correctly when I see that NUANCE is actually CHANGING the friggin compensation plan again at the end of this month for Bayscribe MLS?!?!?!?  And now my line rate is going down to about 0.0800?!?!?!?  This is lower than what I was hired at over a year ago?! 

Please someone with a clearer mind tell me that I am reading this incorrectly.  Nuance once again says they are trying to even out the pay across the platforms.  So now I am getting my line rate lowered by amost 0.03 per line?!  I am so upset.

Not to mention that I am going through divorce mediation right now and desperately trying to figure out/project my yearly wages for the coming year.  I WAS basing it on my paychecks since the new compensation plan occurred.  Now the numbers and the budgeted alimony/child support numbers are all incorrect.  Imagine if the divorce had become final last month and then this "new compensation plan" went into effect.  I'd be in effect screwed...but what am I talking about?  Aren't all Bayscribe MLS screwed now?

reading it right and all screwed, yes. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

New plan - disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
You are reading it right. At least I was able to get a few good checks when we were getting compensation for good QA scores, but now it is based more on production pay. The new compensation grid is terrible. I love how they say "please note that we have no intention to recover any of this more favorable compensation you might have received since 12/20/14." I am also going to be taking a pay cut from what I was hired in at. I wonder what all of the new hires will think of this. I bet we lose a lot more MTs. I can hardly wait for the meeting tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your situation.

I want to quit - Serious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Up until now, I kept quiet about the December compensation plan changes because it actually worked to my advantage -- at least when FIESA didn't get up by butt with errors that I couldn't verify and would instead have to have my supervisor "check on it for me. The new pay structure actually helped with my decision to divorce since with alimony/child support and new compensation, I thought I would be able to make this work.

Now it's all out the window. I have no idea what I am going to do. I just know my days at Nuance are going to be numbered if this new plan actually takes effect. I'm pretty close to quitting and finding something else, but I don't want to upset my daughters any more than they already are.

Crying since I read it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The more I think about it, the more screwed I feel. Why did they give us back the 12% when they were only just trying to figure out another way to take it back? I too was planning and budgeting for the somewhat higher pay and now am not sure what I'm going to do.

Don't you like the fact that we have 4 conference calls instead of the 1 last time? I want to listen to more than 1 and get more feedback. Do they think separating us will make us any less angry? They can't handle all of us at 1 time shouting them down and having no answers to our questions.

If they were going to cut our pay, I wish they would have kept the 12% initial cut and just be done with it, then I could make a decision and move on. I just hate being jerked around, pay me what I'm worth or I'm gone, but don't jerk me around. I'm sorry for your situation too. It's hard to make any plans with the sand shifting under your feet. This really is the last straw for me.

Stupid for planning conference calls with us - Serious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they're just all around stupid for even offering a conference call with us this week. Is there a single MLS that is NOT going to be yelling at whoever runs the call? What possible benefit will there be for us to this new plan - none! And why bother spending so much time and effort getting us to support their "new and exciting plan" just 2-3 months ago only to take it apart and throw it out the window now? I need to start looking for a new job. This is a terrible night for me.

can someone please tell me wth? - LH

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not gotten any emails about any more changes going on. The last I new of a change was just to the QA being switched from the current week to 2 weeks prior. Someone please let me know the details of this??

Again! :( - Anon100

[ In Reply To ..]
It appears there are once again changes to the changes to the changes to the changes to the changes to the "new and exciting" changes. I HATE this company. HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO US?!?! :(

Does anyone even understand this mess? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried a few times to figure out what these incentives mean. If less than 150 LPH then 7.5 no matter what, right? If more than 10% to QC, 7.0. I get that, but the incentives over 150? Do they stack? If over 99%, you get 0.005 extra per line and if over 99.5%, you get 0.005 extra. What do you get if you have 150 LPH and 100% QA? Oh what does it all mean? What am I saying, it means PAY CUT. No point in trying to tax my overtaxed brain right now. I think with the average line count around 145, we're all in big trouble.

"Compensation" - Anon100

[ In Reply To ..]
The words of my TSM are ringing in my head right now..."The team LOVES being rewarded for quality!!" (rah, rah, rah). My a$$ we are rewarded for quality. We aren't REWARDED for anything! Not productivity, not quality, not years' experience, not our extensive medical knowledge, not loyalty, not jumping through hoop after hoop chasing bogus bonuses..nothing! We aren't even paid a decent wage let alone REWARDED. This is ANOTHER PAY CUT. I don't care how they try to sugar coat it or cheer-lead their way around it. But don't forget to "KEEP SMILING" (how our TSM ALWAYS signs emails--infuriating!) This is truly the last straw as I simply cannot possibly support my children with this sort of pay cut. HOW do these "higher ups" (TSMs included at this point as far as I'm concerned) sleep at night?

The thing I still remember - from the last time

[ In Reply To ..]
What I remember most from the last conference call was an MT asking about a level playing field and how was it fair that some people who did all 4 worktypes and had more experience and expertise was going to be paid the same as others who only did clinics or who did not do OPs. My impression from what the TSM said was that the MT should just do the more difficult worktypes "for the team" even though others are being paid the same for easier work. I just can't get that out of my head. For her to say that with all of us listening, what was she thinking? We have no loyalty to her or this company or the team, considering how we are being treated.

LPH - Discouraged

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is fully aware of the average LPH on each account. That LPH is below 150 on the accounts that I have seen via metrics, yet 150 is the magical LPH they choose for the production factor in order to be above 7.5? Of course this is a pay cut based on this aspect alone. How about an actual attainable bonus, Nuance? Give the MTs the TAT bonus rather than the TSMs who already have a solid annual salary and all those other perks. Give us something for being the ones to line all of your pockets!

What a bunch of ..... - disheartened

[ In Reply To ..]
I figure the platform I work on will get the dreaded email probably Friday after the TSM/supervisors are no longer available. That is what happened the last time you Bayscribe folks got the dreaded news......I was already sick to my stomach this a.m. when my husband said if we can't get things turned around soon, we will have to declare bankruptcy by December/January.

Know what else? When this happened the first time, the account I worked went into the red, and I wonder just how many people quit then and will quit now. They are running us oldsters out.

Sickening.

load of ... - disheartened

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wrong...just got the email.

These changes are for non-nuance platform.

And...no supervisors, TSMS available on chat program.

feeling feverish? - Gotta bug

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone else feeling a bit feverish tonight or maybe coming down with the flu for a few days??? A mass walkout might do a bit of good for us.

Mass Walkout!! - Sickened

[ In Reply To ..]
How I would love for this to happen! I for one am most definitely sick to my stomach!

Sick too - disheartened

[ In Reply To ..]
After the last compensation change came out, and the first paycheck thereafter, within 2 to 3 days the account I work on went into the red and they started beginning for OT. I wonder if this will happen again...
I finally had some work all night - CINDY
[ In Reply To ..]
I finally had work to last almost 8 hours. After I was done and checked the line count, even though I was going really fast, it didn't even make 8 dollars an hour. I am so sick also with this. They are ripping us off so bad, its not even funny. I have an interview Friday for a grocery store and if they hire me I am out of here. There is just no way to make money at Nuance. I am sick and crying. I think their line counts are rigged, and do we even get paid for headers, footers, etc. Back to working what I did when I was 20 before medical transcription. I hope they all go under. Yes I would like to see a massive walkout.

We are the only ones they need. - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
If we all walked out what would the QA do, the whatever else they are called do. Without us they are nothing, yet they hire these people to check everything we do. So if we all quit let the QA sit there and get paid to do nothing. I guess they don't realize who butters their bread. Never a nice thing said or done for us. We are worked to the bone and s-it on constantly and this is just not right!

"Well, THAT didn't work." - transgal

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that's what they think when payroll numbers start rolling in and they go back to their "chalkboard and abacus." But this time, they may have been too clever by half. The call to rally for extra coverage on the weekends is not going to be so attractive going into the summertime. I, myself, would rather get all my lines on my regular days and have my weekends to myself than have the measly $20 (?) extra for weekend work. And without evening or overnight shift differential - here come the rally cries for OTAT again. And to have to type faster for the same money we made in a relaxed environment before all of this? They can't possibly imagine the error potential in trying to push everyone into the over 300 LPH category. And they can't possibly catch them all, either. I do think they've outsmarted themselves this time. But we'll find that out in 3 weeks when they change it AGAIN!

feeling feverish - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
More than that. I am absolutely sick! The stress of this is killing me. I am not typing another line until I know what is going on this time and most likely will be "sick" the rest of this week so I can scramble around figuring out how to make my budget now! I really wish everyone would strike but I know that's not going to happen. We all need to eat. But I can honestly say I am at my wits end with this whole thing!

In any case, the bacteria will be flying - when

[ In Reply To ..]
The S hits the fan during the conference call, and it won't be headed in the MTs' direction!

I would love to be still working for them and have this - conference call. I would SM

[ In Reply To ..]
lay it out straight for whoever is hosting the call, shouting over them, profanity and all. I might go out, but I would go out with my opinion well known loud and clear.
Pretty much what I did!! ;-) - Serious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working for Nuance only for a little over a year but with about 5 years of MT experience. My work ethic is good, I put in my hours, my accuracy is excellent, I have a good communication relationship with my TSM.

All bets were off on this morning's call, and I let my emotions lead my thoughts. Better to go out with a bang than a whimper, and unfortunately, it looks like I'm going out rather than staying "in!!"

lucky - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Count yourself lucky to have been above 0.08 cpl this long. I am on Btxt and our lowest pay if you dont meet all their "criteria" is 0.07 cpl. I am a veteran of many years, passed down from company to company in merges and buyouts, ending up with Nuance as my employer. I now make much less than when I STARTED transcription almost 2 decades ago....and since the institution of the "new exciting compensation plan" I have been on MUP (make up pay) for months, meaning for some odd reason I cannot hit all the minimums and make the stars align correctly enough to make at least minimum wage, so they have to "make up" the pay so that I am bringing home my state's minimum wage.... so if you want to find a bright side, at least 0.08 cpl is a "bright side"

no its 0.07 with QC greater than 10% - same as the rest

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started with them 2 months ago and the rug is pulled out... how can they change a contracted wage 2 months in? Even with QC% under 10% I will not be able to make above maybe .09 and I am 15 years into this and have an expander file of 17,000 entries... no straight typing more than 200 lines an hour gimme a break

youre right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you are correct....but on my account that is pretty much a given most of the time...difficult dictators that require multiple blanks due to just plain incomprehensible speech. Out of my control....
will be the same on this acct - near impossible
[ In Reply To ..]
to stay under 10% QC.

Changing Because - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
They must be changing the pay plan again because instead of MTs overall making less, they are making more, and so their intent of keeping MTs paid the mionimum did not work out, so they have to create a new pay plan again and again until it works out that MTs make as little money as possible. They would pay $1.00 an hour if it were legal.

Changes - SoFedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had similar thoughts. In December, when we all raised a ruckus, they backed down from the 12% pay cut. A big part of our "argument" was that it was unfair to not be paid in full for the lines that we produced. They figured out a different way to pay us less without going that route. I think they did not anticipate so many MLS being able to achieve their nearly unachievable standards so they had to do something to knock us all down.

What? I have not received that yet ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you post the info in the email or send to me?

Be3 glad you got to keep the good change this long - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on the PowerScribe team. The first round of change in pay gave us all raises, which obviously was totally unacceptable to management who then changed the pay plan TWICE after that, cutting the overall compensation of the team by more than 50%. Our MUP skyrocketed, but I supposed the MUP is cheaper than paying a decent wage. Get ready to make 8-10 an hour with the new change. You're lucky you got to keep the decent pay as long as you did. They switched out our pay scale lighting fast after they realized it was going to OVERCOMPENSATE (I hate that word almost as much as I hate the phrase "level the playing field") us.

They just let it go on so long - anon22

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was for good. That's what hurts so much. Like they tried to cut our pay, we protested, they gave it back. I thought that was the end. Then here 3 months later, boom, they figured out another way to cut our pay. AND, they are so magnanimous they are going to let us keep all the money we were overcompensated, how nice of them.

IS THIS ALL NUANCE - LH

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this for certain platforms, accounts, or what. I have not gotten an email or heard anything. Please advise on what is supposed to happen the end of the month. Thanks

Only a few - Taelus

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I know it is only on BayScribe and FutureNet platforms for now.

Similar Messages:

New Pay Compensation Plan..sm
Oct 14, 2014

Can someone please explain to me this new email we all got this afternoon about the new pay compensation plan rolling out in December? Can anyone explain it a bit more in detail. Sounds like our pay will not be the same amount anymore as in no more cpl that we were used to? Sounded like to me it will be based on quality and working weekends/nights, etc. Is this something good? Email wasn't in detail too much and a little hard to read. I dont have time to go through it right now. Thanks! ...

New Pay Compensation Plan
Dec 01, 2014

Since 2012, when Nuance "officially" took over the company I was with, they following has been very consistent. 1) Cut pay, then offer some type of carrot (incentive, bonus) to help us "make up" the loss in line rate. QA us to death for any little error, calll it a major error or a critical error to lower our quality score so that we cannot make 'incentive' or 'bonus.' If we do re-read the reports in order to bring quality scores up, our lines go down, and then it is a sum z ...

Did Do Our New Compensation Plan?
Dec 14, 2014

This morning I checked my work email, as I have been off the last few days.  I found a new email titled "Update to 2015 Patient Safety Compensation Plan for the Bayscribe Platform."   They have decided now that after you figure your C-LPM, anyone straight typing in Bayscribe will need to apply a platform factor of 0.88, in other words, subtract 12% of your lines.  Their example was if you type 1000 lines, multiple x 0.88 and you will only get credit for 880 lin ...

New Compensation Plan
Dec 31, 2014

Okay, so i wanted to give the old school girl try, ya know?  This was the first check I could really see how this is going to work.  Keeping in mind that over the Christmas week, most of my regular docs were off, and I had accounts that I had never done before, and most, were sitting there for a reason.  After sitting for hours on end reviewing old note after old note to get the best quality for these unknown and often difficult providers, I was actually pretty proud of having only sent notes ...

NEW QC Compensation Plan
May 06, 2015

They have rolled out the new QC compensation plan.  It appeared in Enrich today.  We are now screwed just as badly as everyone else.   ...

New Compensation Plan Around The Corner
Dec 10, 2012

I wonder what lies in wait. ...

New Compensation Plan - My View
Dec 04, 2014

To set things straight, first of all, I am not new at this game.  I have been in this business for 25 years, so I have seen a lot come and go as far as the transcription game.  But I have to say this tops them all.  I have been able in the past to make a decent salary, help support my family, pay my bills and have a little left over,  just like the rest of you.  When I saw the words, "new and exciting" I cringed.  Never good words to hear.  I tried to give it a ...

Grid For New Compensation Plan
Dec 05, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "grid" they keep talking about and showed in the video?  Thanks ...

Nuance QC Compensation Plan
May 16, 2015

At Nuance, the caste system THRIVES. The deception of this company is criminal. For the last year, the QCs were required to meet the company standard metrics of 150+ LPH, quality of 99% or higher, schedule adherence of 99%. If you failed to meet any portion of the metrics one week, you received a verbal warning; two weeks, you were moved to the Performance Action Plan. On 5/4/2015, we received our individual QA Weekly Scorecard; we also received the QC Compensation Plan on the same day. With no ...

New Compensation Plan/changes Coming... Any News?
Oct 24, 2014

Has anyone heard any more details about this new compensation plan rolling out in December? My TSM said she would have a meeting with our group once she "got all the information together," but... big suprise... we still know nothing. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with concrete information on what is going on? ...

Month Away For New Compensation Plan To Start
Nov 23, 2014

Supposedly the plan is to be implemented in approximately a month.  Any bets on whether or not that happens in a timely fashion.  So far the November deadline has just flown right past us without any explanation on their part as to why the NO REVEAL.  Grrrr.    ...

New Compensation Plan, Do We Still Get Bonus For December?
Nov 30, 2014

A wonderful suprise and just before Christmas.  Do we still get our weekly bonus through December?  So many of us are relying on this for Christmas.  I finally got bonus  ...

Compensation Plan Shift Factors
Feb 15, 2015

Is everyone aware that the hours between Saturday midnight until Sunday 6 a.m. are not considered "weekend overnight"?  ...

Let's Face It. If New Compensation Plan Is Great And Exciting,
Nov 13, 2014

to announce it by now. Rather, it's end of year, they are frantically trying to hire new MLS who don't know any better and will be locked into the crappy exciting compensation plan while there is the expected stampede for the door. Can't get any lower than that. I wonder how much they paid a committee or team to think up this plan. ...

Is There Anyone Who Was Not Negatively Impacted By The Patient Safety Compensation Plan?
Apr 02, 2015

My understanding is that the earnings of Nuance employees in the transcription division were negatively impacted by the initiation of the patient safety compensation plan.   If the original incarnation of the patient safety compensation plan caused an increase in earnings for your specific team, it was quickly amended to not only negate that change, but to also result in a decrease in earnings by 30-70%.  Is that correct across the board?  Is there anyone who did not receive ...

Email Sent Late Last Night....compensation Plan More Fully Explained.
Mar 21, 2015

nothing else changed as far as I can tell.  Must get 300 lph for 0.1050 a line. Oh, and if you have any questions, send them to your TSM. No mention of any future meetings.    ...

BS "Patient Safety Compensation Plan"
Jan 20, 2015

I have never hated a company as much as I do Nuance!  They should have called it the "Screw the employee compensation plan" because that is just what it is.  I feel like I work in a third world country and get paid 1 or 2 cents a line - that's probably next!  Last paycheck even though I had 99 percent QA and 2 percent QC, I figured it out I made about $9.00 per hour.  I'm sick of this and can pretty much go anywhere for this kind of money.  Can you say CORPORAT ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

Compensation
May 19, 2013

One company lists compensation as:  "$1.06 per dictated minute & up depending on acute experience and operative report experience.." I've always been paid per line and am not familiar at all with this form of compensation..  Does anyone have any experience with this, and does it sounds okay?  It's an IC position.  Thanks. ...

New Compensation
Oct 26, 2014

I wonder if the new compensation is that they are making us all independent contractors.  What a hoot that would be.. ...

PTO Under New Compensation
Dec 31, 2014

Hello.  I have requested and been approved for some PTO hours for Christmas Eve.  On the time log I just approved, it shows the hours but does not show a monetary figure for them.  Could anyone tell me how they calculate that? Thanks! ...

Worker's Compensation Through MQ
Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA. ...

M*Modal And Compensation
Aug 26, 2011

Does anyone know how an MT is compensated when they begin using M*Modal and basically editing?  If paid by the line, if M*Modal creates a report consiisting of 75 lines, and you edit a few lines here and there, are you paid for the entire report (the full 75 lines) or just paid for what lines you edit?  ...

Sten-Tel - Can You Believe This Compensation?
Mar 13, 2012

Sten-Tel has add on MTJobs.  Can you believe this compensation?  I hope they have NO replies.  " Starting rate ranges: 5–6 cents per transcribed line; 2-3 cents per edited line." ...

Nuance Compensation ????
Jul 16, 2012

No one ever said for sure if this compensation had been to offset insurance costs, MUP or whatever?  I didn't get it and am curious why it was not across the board.   They may have been caught with their pants down on this one. ...

Coding Compensation
Oct 11, 2012

I am an MT of 20 years and 2 companies in this year alone have skimmed lines from me, albeit 1 company paid up and now am waiting on the other before I quit. I want to get out of MT and see that others have made the transition. How are at home coders compensated? MTs are paid by the line and just curious as to how coders are paid.   Thank you. Hope you are enjoying your fall where ever you may be! ...

Compensation Letter?
Dec 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of folks post on here about getting a compensation letter but I've gotten nothing other than the info they presented at the meeting yesterday.  Did they e-mail this or snail mail it?   ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

MT Compensation By MModal.
Jan 04, 2013

http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ Please remember this – your company is paid for its OUTPUT, not for that high percent gain! This industry has seen an alarming increase in MTs who are not interested in transcription as a full-time career. What is happening to the career MT? How will the profession attract the quality-minded, dedicated professional if MTs can’t make any money? It won’t – it will attract the person interested in making a bit of ex ...

Here's A Article About Compensation
Mar 11, 2013

Here’s an article by For the Record magazine that is worth reading. Sometimes, their articles are a lot of fluff, AHDI stressing we need them, or words just filling a page, but this one affirms what we have all known for a very long time.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml Interesting what is written about the Transcend lawsuit too. What can we do? At the end of the article, it mentions “MTs need to work with their employers to develop a fair compensat ...