A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

worker's compensation through MQ - sm

Posted: Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA.

Disability/FMLA goes through Hartford - look on MQ Central

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck!

I did - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I filed through them last week. Called today to find out the status and it was "terminated" as they do not handle the workman's compensation side of it for MQ. HR hasn't called back, my supervisor doesn't know, his supervisor has not called back. Thank you though.

worker's comp - you are right

[ In Reply To ..]
worker's comp and regular disability/FMLA are two completely separate things.

You will unfortunately have to go through HR to get this going. However, if MQ works like other companies, your immediate supervisor has to write up a statement explaining what happened before HR will file it with worker's comp. Be prepared for a big hassle that they will attempt to stretch out over a long time. Just keep pushing and fighting. We just went through this last year with my husband who was injured on the job and had to be taken by EMS to the hospital. You would think it would have been a no-brainer, but no, they gave us a hard time for months. We finally made it through, though, so don't back down.
work comp - Oldtimer
[ In Reply To ..]
We went through the same thing with my husbands employer, he was in the hospital for 3 weeks, in a hospital bed at home for 3 months and still his employer fought it. Took 5 years to settle, he is permanently disabled and he still got screwed. I was expecting a battle with MQ over my work comp but it went through without any problems at all. In my experience, the more serious you are injured the harder the employer and the system in general fights against you. So on the bright side, if you aren't too seriously injured you may be all right. Unfortunate and unfair, but sadly true.

Worker's compensation through MQ - Oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
I contacted my CCM and HR, they filed a report with the worker's compensation company who was AIG. They may have changed their name, but it is with the same company. I had no problems with HR or Medquist and the insurance company was very helpful as well. I received treatment and compensation.

Similar Messages:

MQ And Worker's Comp
May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process? I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it. I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job.    TIA ...

Web/Nuance Worker Help?
Dec 13, 2011

Hi....Of course, like everyone else, I am just sick to my stomach over the buyout from Nuance.  My question is, are there any MTs out there who used to work at Webmedx and now Nuance who know the platform and can say they honestly make MORE money now?  I have watched my pay go from 30.00 an hour to almost 18.00.  I have hung on month after month after month.  Now to drop it further, I have no choice but to leave.  My last hope is to hear that someone is on the Nuance pla ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

I'm NO Miracle Worker!
Oct 14, 2014

"Note to transcriptionist:  I'm finished mumbling, rambling, farting, chewing, and peeing.  I expect YOU to produce a coherent medical report, correct diagnosis, and treatment plan!" Have a nice day! ...

IRS Form SS-8 Worker Status
Jun 02, 2012

If you believe your current or past work status is/was improperly categorized by a firm or person (independent contractor versus employee) you can complete IRS Form SS-8 (Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding).  There is no fee for requesting a Form SS-8 determination letter.    IRS:  "Employers who misclassify workers as independent contractors can end up with substantial tax bills.  Additionally, t ...

Keystrokes And A Happy Worker Bee
Apr 02, 2013

A while back I switched from another company (starting with an N) over to Keystrokes.  What a change.  I know there is a lot of negative stuff on the boards about companies but for my own personal experience so far I am thoroughly impressed. They actually respect their employees which in this business is unusual to say the least.     My two cents. ...

Bonus Question. I Am A PPT Worker. I Do Not
May 15, 2013

I work approximately 32-35 hours a week, depending on if I run out of work.  I know there are 2 bonuses, 1 is for how many lines typed, I believe 7001 a pay period, correct?  What else is tied to this bonus?  A low QA score, lph amount?  I never make this bonus but I am a little confused. Now, the other bonus has to do with QA score, right?  It has to be below 10 percent, I think.  What else is tied to this bonus?  Thanks for any help.  Much appreciated. ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Insurance Or Worker's Comp Transcription
Apr 07, 2010

Are there any companies that do worker's comp, or insurance for auto insurance? ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...

Hoping To Be Ex-MQ Worker Job Interview Next Thurs
Jul 15, 2011

Need Help Dealing With A Co-Worker Who May Be On Pain Meds
Oct 26, 2011

What would you do if you had a co-worker who is stressed, has panic attacks, had back surgery and is on pain medication, and accuses everyone of all sorts of things. She is totally inappropriate, paranoid, and destroying the work environment. If anyone suggests that she forgot to do something or did it wrong, she has a panic attack, or more like hysteria. She reports people for silly things, but even though the charges are silly, they still go in the record. She writes complaints about people co ...

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

Compensation
May 19, 2013

One company lists compensation as:  "$1.06 per dictated minute & up depending on acute experience and operative report experience.." I've always been paid per line and am not familiar at all with this form of compensation..  Does anyone have any experience with this, and does it sounds okay?  It's an IC position.  Thanks. ...

New Compensation
Oct 26, 2014

I wonder if the new compensation is that they are making us all independent contractors.  What a hoot that would be.. ...

PTO Under New Compensation
Dec 31, 2014

Hello.  I have requested and been approved for some PTO hours for Christmas Eve.  On the time log I just approved, it shows the hours but does not show a monetary figure for them.  Could anyone tell me how they calculate that? Thanks! ...

M*Modal And Compensation
Aug 26, 2011

Does anyone know how an MT is compensated when they begin using M*Modal and basically editing?  If paid by the line, if M*Modal creates a report consiisting of 75 lines, and you edit a few lines here and there, are you paid for the entire report (the full 75 lines) or just paid for what lines you edit?  ...

Sten-Tel - Can You Believe This Compensation?
Mar 13, 2012

Sten-Tel has add on MTJobs.  Can you believe this compensation?  I hope they have NO replies.  " Starting rate ranges: 5–6 cents per transcribed line; 2-3 cents per edited line." ...

Nuance Compensation ????
Jul 16, 2012

No one ever said for sure if this compensation had been to offset insurance costs, MUP or whatever?  I didn't get it and am curious why it was not across the board.   They may have been caught with their pants down on this one. ...

Coding Compensation
Oct 11, 2012

I am an MT of 20 years and 2 companies in this year alone have skimmed lines from me, albeit 1 company paid up and now am waiting on the other before I quit. I want to get out of MT and see that others have made the transition. How are at home coders compensated? MTs are paid by the line and just curious as to how coders are paid.   Thank you. Hope you are enjoying your fall where ever you may be! ...

Compensation Letter?
Dec 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of folks post on here about getting a compensation letter but I've gotten nothing other than the info they presented at the meeting yesterday.  Did they e-mail this or snail mail it?   ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

MT Compensation By MModal.
Jan 04, 2013

http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ Please remember this – your company is paid for its OUTPUT, not for that high percent gain! This industry has seen an alarming increase in MTs who are not interested in transcription as a full-time career. What is happening to the career MT? How will the profession attract the quality-minded, dedicated professional if MTs can’t make any money? It won’t – it will attract the person interested in making a bit of ex ...

Here's A Article About Compensation
Mar 11, 2013

Here’s an article by For the Record magazine that is worth reading. Sometimes, their articles are a lot of fluff, AHDI stressing we need them, or words just filling a page, but this one affirms what we have all known for a very long time.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml Interesting what is written about the Transcend lawsuit too. What can we do? At the end of the article, it mentions “MTs need to work with their employers to develop a fair compensat ...

California NJA Compensation
Aug 07, 2013

To whoever it was that said they are compensated for NJA in California, can you give me some more info on how you found out about CA compensation for NJA?  Did your TSM or HR confirm?  How exactly do you enter it in Teamwork?  I am also a California MT with NJA almost every day.  Thanks. ...

Compensation Question
Sep 21, 2013

I work from home for a small hospital. I pull up the patient's account and place the reports into it. Most of my doctors are so great and give me the account number or patient information. However, I have one doctor who is bad about not giving me any information to find the account. I spend more time trying to find his patient's accounts than actually transcribing his reports. I am wondering how I can ask for compensation for this. I make .15 cents per 65 characters. Does anyone make e ...

Nuance CEO Compensation...
May 05, 2014

Saw this today. Apparently CEO of Nuance, Paul Ricci, made around $29 million last year. Makes me sick that when I was there I was barely making minimum wage after being an MT for 15 years. The article talks about how he was compensated too much even though stocks were dropping. I think the more important point is how the MTs have been treated. THAT never reaches the article of course.    http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/04/28/nuance-ceo-paul-ricci-tops-pay-among-massachusett ...

Nuance Compensation
Jul 30, 2014

Any Nuance employees have any idea what the new compensation plan is going to be? ...

Wages And Compensation
Aug 07, 2014

I came into this field long after the precedent was set on pay.  I knew coming into this that the average wage ran from 6 cpl to 10 cpl, with most jobs hovering around 7 to 8 cpl.  What I didn't account for was that in more than 10 or 15 years, we'd still be at that rate.  Not only has our wage not gone up in over a decade, even with cost of living increases, but that when they came out with speech recognition, someone thought, "Well, it's doing half the work, so y ...

Compensation Question-- SS
Sep 17, 2014

Does softscript pay you the difference in ur pay check if you dont make minimum wage? I know nuance did.  ...