A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Never said you're an NTS manager, just implied you made an uninformed guess - see my answer to you as a loong time wmx/NTS mt

Posted: May 06, 2012

YOUR POST YOU MADE TO ME: ""I am not a manager.You need to get over yourself. Again was just stating that COULD be the reason. Geesh! If you are so unhappy...LEAVE!"" OK NOW MY TO ANSWER YOU: I would say that your post to me was pretty harsh to say the least :) :)Moreover any post I have made in here I have told management the same thing. I have nothing to hide. I felt by the tone of your post that you were trying to imply Escription is so much better, hence account work loads are shrinking. If Escription is so great then why is EVERYONE in here and allot of MT's alike whom I personally know at Nuance NOT picking up the lines that could bring them even halfway back to their lost wages. That certainly does not go along with shrinking accounts. Maybe in part it is about the work that was sent out and according to an accidental email by a manger showing an invoice that paid an oustide company far more than what we are paid? How about the poster below explaning in detail how they found out some of their work was most likely going to India for a far less salary..things seem to be a mess and anyone can clearly see this. My Post is "SPOT ON" as I have talked with managers and MT's at Nuance about these very issues. So you say get over myself and leave? I am no quitter. My only suggestion is to you is stop trying to spread wrong or inaccurate data unless you can back it up as I certainly can. I really do not care if you are a manager or not. I have nothing to hide with my posts as they are true and I have the backing from those at Nuance/wmx that I have personally spoken with, even some managers. Some have even called me at my private number to see what my opinion on what can be done to make things better. LASTLY,for now I have no reason to leave. Down the road most likely I will unless things change.They already are aware of that but have asked me to stay.

I dont think escription shrunk the workload - I think people have a

[ In Reply To ..]
right to be concerned. The pay is low, the incentive is hardly reachable, QA is inflated, and now the shrinking workload.

There is at least 1 or 2 Nuance cheerleaders on this board who will refute any and all comments they dont like, whether some are in management or not who knows, but I would think if you were in management you would have better things to do then to come to this board and try to damage control.

Instead of trying to refute everything the MTs post (which are the money makers by the way). They need to be trying to find out what they can do to make things better.

I agree..but the poster that I responded to above - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
made it seem like what I was saying was fact when I never said that. I was only offering an opinion that maybe since things changed to eScription that "could" be why work is drying up....just a suggestion...and they got bent out of shape over it. I too think management should get more proactive in what needs to be changed and work on changing it. If more MTSOs did this, they would find production as well as quality would increase because the workers are HAPPY,

though I see they removed my post...oh well...truth hurts and she still needs to get over herself!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
True they deleted your nasty post but I read her org post at - http://forum.mtstars.com/396493.html.. seems OK
[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/396493.html

if interested just cut and paste in menu bar or here it is below

""Your thoughts are inaccurate.Your idea of a remedy may be UPPER management "savy" but will I'm quite certain fall on deaf ears in this forum. Moreover I firmly believe that there are a few team lead (managers) that seem to be getting "fed up" with being kept in the dark with the poor decisions that upper management has made concerning the reduction in salaries and the seemingly poor incentive practices the company has set forth.""

""Looks to me like the whole "deal" is getting worse for ALL employees including the team leaders and the MT's at Nuance, not better""

now read MY original post...she was nasty for NO reason! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
and BTW her nasty post was removed which I was referring to! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Again, GET OVER YOURSELF...whose facts YOUR facts? Do you OWN - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the company? I think not. What I said was a SUGGESTION about why the accounts could be low. I did NOT state ANYWHERE in my posts that it was FACT. You are not God so again GET OVER YOURSELF. My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's who post here. And yes eScription is WAY better than the dinosaur of a program that was being used and could be a PLAUSIBLE reason why work is drying up. So WHO CARES what you think/say. I for one LOVE working for Nuance and do VERY well here!

You were not nasty - Nuance QC-frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually I agree, you were not nasty at all. I do not know what that person's problem is. You explained yourself very well, I thought.

But, I'm going to be leaving Nuance myself after working here almost 3 years as a QC due to the poor quality of work the MTs are putting through. These reports look 95% of the time like swiss cheese, the MTs don't appear to be doing their own research which is always an MTs part of the job, not the QCs, and such. I've been in the business for 15 years and the hospitals and other services I worked for would never stand for this poor quality and the tremendous blanks. This is falling on deaf years, so that is why I have to leave as soon as I can. The QC pay (and doing the MTs work on top of that for them is just not worth it. The QC pay is hourly and it's ridiculous.

These companies are - taking their ownselves out..sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Good career oriented qualified MTs are probably long gone. Im sure there are not many left because people gotta live.

Perfect example: When my hospial got outsourced, it was 16 of us in our dept. The offers and the pay the company presented us with were shameful. Four of us went with the company, the rest moved on to do other things unrelated to the MT field.

Every last one of us had been with that hospital for years. Some of those women where there 20-30yrs a few others had been there anywhere from 8-10yrs.

But the point is this, they could have gained 16 really good MTs and they let them get away because they would rather pay pennies to someone with less experience or fresh out of school.

Im still around because they actually increased my VR rate because they feared I would leave (Not Nuance, dont work for them). But yes, I simply asked for a raise and for some reason they assumed I was gonna quit if I didn't get it and the amount I asked for is the amount they gave me.

Ironically enough, I still talk to two of the ladies that took their offer and guess what? They got raises too without even asking. I think they were afraid we were gonna end up quitting. Not sure about the the other lady though, she may have quit by now.

The moral of the story is..maybe if these places paid more, they wouldn't lose good MTs. I dont know what it was like years ago since I have only worked for the same hospital, but its possible the ones who had the skill for this job left because they couldn't make a living.

I think the higher supervisors etc are to blame for all this mess - just saying.. see message

[ In Reply To ..]
This is exactly what happens when company decisions are made to penalize MT/Editors with a huge no incentive 90 day penalty due to a constant 99% or better QA rule coupled with an over all low base pay rate as they have done . If the MT/Editor is not sure they will leave a blank. You can not expect them to spend a great deal of time looking up things that take too long for the low pay they are now getting. If they are new then that is part of the issue as well.

I have been at this for along time and my QC is normally not even half of what is allowable. However I believe the good MT's are being run off by the company with all of the poor salary decisions they have made. I already have a couple of other jobs to go to whenever I am ready, but granted for the moment I am staying in hopes that things will get better here in the near future. Leaving for another company is not my expertise, but if I have to I will also.
You have a point - Nuance QC-frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
Could be, not sure. Maybe the QA policy at Nuance created this where MTs are too afraid and are doing this, but some of this is just doing something simple by looking things up. I am just frustrated having to complete all these blanks and most of it is not really my job due to the fact I did this myself as an MT for over 14 years. Plus, the money factor is another problem. They moved QCs to hourly pay this past summer, and it's really something else. I'm making 8 dollars less an hour than I did working at the hospital I did for 9 years. Even back in 1998 when I was with another hospital I still managed 5 dollars more an hour. It's really a shame that MT pay has gotten this bad. The QA problem with the blanks are falling on deaf ears too, so that is why I'm looking to move on. I'm just about ready to take my CCS certification with coding anyhow, so I'm hoping my salary can get back up to where it was.

Again... - imohp

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I have been with Nuance for years and am doing very well, but to say so seems to raise the flaming flag. I have seen nothing like what is mentioned. Priority work always goes to the top of the list whether it be your primary or secondary. I have more than 5 accts and manage to keep everything straight (keeping specs open is a big help). Have been in this industry over 20 years and see more and more who want something for nothing.

The fact remains that Nuance IS the employer and makes the rules. If you don't like the rules, then why work there?

I surely will get flamed for this, but it is still a free country last time I checked and we still have freedome of speech and can have our own opinions. If that makes me a company cheerleader, so be it.

How many *Agains* are you going to post? - Not to worry...SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You see the problem is your company has the big bucks to buy up some of the companies where most of us were all very happy with the pay and treatment that we were getting. So your company *moves in* and takes over. Once that happened they turn right around slashing our overall pay, rewriting all the *rules*. Your right,Yes, our old company is now your favorite company.

But please understand when you tell/ask those of us that felt we were lied to about everything and wishing to leave under your companies *reign of terror* it all takes time for us to get settled in with another decent company. Those companies are still out there. As a matter of fact nuance is making allot of other companies look better and better all the time.

......Not to worry, we (CAREER ORIENTED MT/EDITORS) are slowly leaving your company as we find better pay and treatment elsewhere, and I for one am so pleased that you are happy with your company so have a nice day and enjoy.
Yes, please dont post another *Again* post - just agree to disagree, every
[ In Reply To ..]
time you post another *again* post it just gets folks worked up. There are lots of unhappy people at Nuance and rightfully so.

Everytime I think about that 4cpl and ridiculous QA process they have, I shudder. I couldn't imagine working them, I would get out the field altogether if it was my only option.
just so you know the person you are responding to is not the poster from above - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That would be "me" BUT I do agree with them...again. Lol
So you must be the type of person that does not think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
for themself if you would let a bunch of strangers dictate where or who you work for. I decided to not let others influence me and guess what, I am actually enjoying working for Nuance and am glad I did not let the Naysayers influence my decision. There are a lot more happy MTs at Nuance than you may think. Like a lot of other MTs have stated previously not many MTs even know about this site....maybe 1% of the MT population which is not very many.
then why on earth would I let one stranger like you influence me - when the majority on here differ with you?
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you are in the 1%,I'm in the 99%. I have talked with others who do not use this site with the same complaints about Nuance and their crappy treatment and pay they get from this MTSO. Just because you believe differently does not mean you have a handle on the majority of the MT's thoughts about working there. I have learned over the years that Mt's that are happy at their particular MTSO's generally do not place posts on this web site. Your thoughts just do not make any sense. If you are doing so good what the heck are you wasting your time trying to recruit others that could take your work away. Just not buying your bull. Unless you are trying to recruit for Nuance?
You are very unintelligent did you actually read my post? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I said that only about 1% of MTs even know about this site, so if you would take the word of that 1% to keep you from getting a job that MAY not be bad for YOUnthat is not a smart move. Obviously you are NOT in the 99% because then you would not even be here. Again, READ before you post....geesh. BTW, I was not trying to influence you, I was trying to make you THINK about the situation you and many others like you put yourselves in.
BTW, my point is not everyone is unhappy here - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
...and still NOBODY in here is buying your bull - we know whom U R, so just move on
[ In Reply To ..]
and who am I? You are probably going to say - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
management because you do not agree with me but NOT... try again. I just feel sorry for you and anyone else like you because you sell yourself short by this practice. You could miss out on great opportunities by letting others influence your decisions and FYI, I am talking about ANY company not just Nuance. To each his own!

Similar Messages:

Question About Fluency Manager ... "Account Manager" Field
Feb 05, 2014

OK ... when you're in Fluency Manager, "status" ... where you see the list of facilities and number of reports.  When I click on the names of a few accounts that I'm assigned to, it takes me to a page that has a sort of "box" that has listed company, contact, type of company, etc.  One of those fields is called "Account Manager".  This is the TSM's name that manages that account.  None of my accounts has my TSM's name in that field - it has someone else� ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

FFT-Manager
Jun 17, 2014

Can FFT-Manager only be accessed now through FFT-Editor?  It didn't used to be.  I've been on medical leave and just now have returned to find this out.  ...

PF Manager
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone know if he has left?  I saw an advertisement looking for a new Transcription Manager on the PF site as well as other sites.  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

MD Office Manager
Nov 06, 2010

I applied to this company a week ago and they had called me back for a phone interview yesterday.  They told me in an email that my scores were great, etc.  After the phone interview (which I thought went well) the woman told me that I would be contacted later that same day.  Well, she contacted me back about an hour later and said I was not a good fit for the company.  Does not make sense to me whatsoever! I am glad I didn't get the job, I don't think I wanted to ...

WMX Account Manager Still There?
Jun 14, 2011

One of new AMs, not usually very communicative, but haven't heard from him since either Thursday or Friday.  Not unusual there is no communication over weekend, but usually get something each afternoon.  Response to E-mails --- Not so much. Do wish SOMEONE would make some positive informed statements about what is going on with the company.  Sounds like people are leaving by the droves.  Maybe this is what they want and they are just waiting us out to see if we can thin ...

Ever Have A Manager 'discuss' Another MT To You
Sep 23, 2012

I don't really want to know what someone else did to screw up and find it inappropriate given her position, putting me in an awkward spot as it is not my business (I'm not management).  I just want, no need to get along with everyone and not develop bad feelings for either the rock or the hard place here.  Work is hard enough.  Why doesn't she just BE a manager and handle it privately without the smear job?     ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Message Sent To Manager And TL
Aug 24, 2013

(Note, X's are put in place here to protect certain information, but the rest is what I wrote them).  Dear *** and ***,  A couple of days ago an e-mail was sent to everyone on (***) account reminding eveyone that we are to transcribe all dictators and if help is needed to send the reports to QC.  I have noticed that many times when I log on in the morning time to work that the only reports left on this account are the "less desirable" dictators, i.e. those who dictate consi ...

Cant Get Into Fluency Manager
Aug 22, 2014

I cant get into fluency manager with my new password.  So it asks me to put in user name and company ID.  What is the user name?  My numbers that I log in each time?  What is the company ID?  Mmodal?  I can get into the work fluency to download a job, but I cant get into the manager one where you can check to see how many jobs there are.  Thanks for any help.  This is so frustrating.   ...

How Many People Has The Transcription Manager Gotten Rid Of
Apr 26, 2010

I just wonder how many of us the transcription manager of MedScribe has gotten rid of.  Surprisingly, the number is growing and growing.  It feels so much better not to be alone and the **** really likes to get in your head.  Awful, awful and awful and I tried so long to give her the benefit of the doubt.  Stupid me! ...

Recruiter Vs. Account Manager?
May 16, 2011

Has anyone ever had an MT job interview with an account manager rather than a recruiter? ...

SoftScript Production Manager?
Aug 12, 2011

Could someone comment on this job position?  Stress, pay, etc.  Thanks for your opinions! ...

Fired By MQ Manager 12 Years Ago. Sm
Sep 04, 2012

I was working 2 jobs and not able to keep up with both jobs, so ended up getting fired, and mgr said I would be blocked from reemployment via my SSN.  Wondering if anyone has been rehired in such a situation. Do they really block SSNs from re-hire?  She was actually a wacko and her office staff people were doing all the work while she would fail to show up for work weeks at a time, unable to be reached.  While my work was excellent, I just couldn't get my hours in.  I kn ...

Transcription Manager Position
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you. It seems like a long time to find out if you are getting a job with this company. I applied for this position and then got told I was being considered and then nothing else. Just wondering if I should keep waiting or move on. Any suggestions. ...

Softscript Production Manager
Apr 10, 2013

Does anyone know if PM - LB is gone.  No update emails for 3 days now.  I just love how they let us know these things, but if YOU don't show up or inform them, you are penalized. ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Who The North RAD Manager Reports To?
Nov 02, 2013

NM ...

Qualifications To Be A Nuance Manager?
Jun 01, 2014

I have just read a few emails that are so filled with deception by management I wonder if managers are ever embarrassed to spread this BS.  Seriously some of the stuff they write would be funny if I had a sense of humor about Nuance - but I do not. I resent that I do the work while they get paid to give pep talks, make excuses and deceive. They must think MTs are dumb as rocks to believe the stuff they spew.  Then again maybe managers are the people who are dumb as rocks. Can anyone ...

Project Manager Online Course?
Jun 01, 2014

Groupon is offering this course right now for $99 - regularly $1495??? but I don't really know what a project manager is.  Can anyone explain? ...

Fluency For Transcription Manager
Nov 09, 2014

Cant get into fluency for transcription manager to change password, says to contact customer support.  Does that mean tech support?  Do we still have to send a remedy ticket and wait for them to call us or can we call directly to 1-800-DICTATE like we used to.  Any  help is truly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

My Manager Is Leaving - No Explanation Why. No Message
Mar 10, 2010

No message. ...

Webmedx Account Manager Update
Mar 11, 2011

Sounds ominous to me at least...account manager update conference call Monday, I know people from at least 2 STMs got this message. Holding my breath! I really like my STM, not crazy about the rest of the higher ups though! ...

Company Looking For An Experienced Account Manager
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a company looking for an experienced account manager. TIA ...

SoftScript Production Manager Info?
Jan 05, 2013

Please give me some info on this position if you can on hours and pay scale. TIA! ...

Manager Sent Us A List Of Our Team Audits
Feb 11, 2014

We were just sent a list of how our team did on audits for February so far, listed by ID#.   Out of around 50 workers, three of them had 7-8 reports audited (including me, which I passed at 99.8), two with 5 and two with 4.  The rest had 3 and below reports audited.  At first, I saw a bunch of 100% and thought wow, they're good.  Then I saw that most of them only had 1 report audited, the rest had 2.  Then I saw that many of those who failed only had one or two repo ...

Please Help ASAP I Don't Know How To Access Fluency Manager And I Need To R/o
Aug 01, 2014

I'm supposed to be working right now and when I tried to log in to Fluency it said my password expired and to go to Fluency Manager to change it.  The only way I have ever logged into Fluency Manager is when I'm already logged in to Fluency, I have no link or shortcut, please help!!!  Before I get killed for not working.  Thanks!!! ...

An Excerpt From My Account Manager Late Last Night
Jan 20, 2010

After dealing with a potentially terminal medical illness, I was working away on my shift last night when the following email came thru (note that I edited any identifying information out of the email for confidentiality's sake)... Your line counts have been rapidly getting back to your regular spectacular volume.  You have 12577 through Saturday evening, which is wonderful.  Your ability to accurately produce well over 2000 a day puts you right up there with the top produce ...

I Noticed The Maintenance Note Still On The Fluency Manager
Jan 12, 2013

Just wondering if they are still going to do the maintenance.  I would think not because of yesterday, but you'd think they'd take the note off the website.  ...

Production Manager At SoftScript Very Unprofessional And Threatening Emails
Jan 19, 2015

Is there anyone out there working for SoftScript.  My PM of 4 years just disappeared out of the blue and her replacement is horrible.  Sends multiple emails daily that are rude and borderline threatening, demanding responses... ...