A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recruiter vs. Account Manager? - CMB

Posted: May 16, 2011

Has anyone ever had an MT job interview with an account manager rather than a recruiter?

Usually, you interview with both. First the recruiter who generally - SaltyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
administers any testing and then talks to you a little about your experience. Then he/she refers you to the account manager who make the final decision on who gets hired.

yep, if there is a retcruiter. Smaller companies don't have recruiters, - so you interview with mgr.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Question About Fluency Manager ... "Account Manager" Field
Feb 05, 2014

OK ... when you're in Fluency Manager, "status" ... where you see the list of facilities and number of reports.  When I click on the names of a few accounts that I'm assigned to, it takes me to a page that has a sort of "box" that has listed company, contact, type of company, etc.  One of those fields is called "Account Manager".  This is the TSM's name that manages that account.  None of my accounts has my TSM's name in that field - it has someone else� ...

WMX Account Manager Still There?
Jun 14, 2011

One of new AMs, not usually very communicative, but haven't heard from him since either Thursday or Friday.  Not unusual there is no communication over weekend, but usually get something each afternoon.  Response to E-mails --- Not so much. Do wish SOMEONE would make some positive informed statements about what is going on with the company.  Sounds like people are leaving by the droves.  Maybe this is what they want and they are just waiting us out to see if we can thin ...

Webmedx Account Manager Update
Mar 11, 2011

Sounds ominous to me at least...account manager update conference call Monday, I know people from at least 2 STMs got this message. Holding my breath! I really like my STM, not crazy about the rest of the higher ups though! ...

Company Looking For An Experienced Account Manager
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a company looking for an experienced account manager. TIA ...

An Excerpt From My Account Manager Late Last Night
Jan 20, 2010

After dealing with a potentially terminal medical illness, I was working away on my shift last night when the following email came thru (note that I edited any identifying information out of the email for confidentiality's sake)... Your line counts have been rapidly getting back to your regular spectacular volume.  You have 12577 through Saturday evening, which is wonderful.  Your ability to accurately produce well over 2000 a day puts you right up there with the top produce ...

To MQ Recruiter
Nov 11, 2011

A comment from a post a few days ago has really been eating at me, so I'm finally compelled to respond. "I work for MedQuist as a recruiter. We understand how transient the transcription world is (employees hopping from one company to another)." One common misperception of MTs is that we're transients, more or less gypsies.  Years  ago, a VP of one of the very largest MTSOs told me "behind closed doors" that we were really just prostitutes whose pretty little heads could be ...

SS Recruiter Was It Just Me?
Sep 13, 2012

I had an interview earlier today wtih SS and I felt the recruiter was a bit snippy and condescending with the way the interview was handled.  The first thing she mentioned was the fact that she was "late and that the interview would have to be cut short" because when she tried to call me, she got the message that "all circuits were busy," on the phone line.  (Well it was 12 p.m. EST my time and we were having storms at the time).  I cannot control the phone lines or the phone comp ...

Looks Like A Certain Recruiter At SS Got Let Go
Oct 19, 2012

Just went to another job board and noticed SS has an opening for a recruiter.  I'm wondering since I did call the company and talked to "A" about this person, if other people followed suit and they decided to let her go.  I may call back and see if I could still be hired (it has been about a month since I had my bad interview experience with DN). ...

Spheris Recruiter
May 20, 2010

Why does the Spheris recruiter email asking that you pick a time for her to call and then never call?  Very annoying!  ...

TTS Recruiter - Is She Associated With MT Stars?
May 21, 2010

Anybody know?  I applied at TTS before and a lady who said she was the owner said to call her assistant who was also recruiter.  This recruiter called me once and said she would like to hire me and would get back to me but she didn't.  I called back 2 weeks later to follow up and she went crazy that I had the audacity to phone her. They have an ad **** that advertises for MTs but I just want to make sure this recruiter is no longer associated wi ...

Recruiter E-mail
Aug 10, 2010

Has anyone else received a random e-mail from a MedQuist recruiter.  I got an e-mail this week from one advising me that they have openings for full and part-time acute care after 11 a.m. and radiology 1st and 2nd shift, $500 bonus, yada yada yada.  I have never applied at MedQuist and probably never will after reading about everything that they put their employees through.  I am not even looking for a job right now.  Why would they send these e-mails out when there ...

Softscript Recruiter
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know who is above the softscript recruiter first initial D?  I swear I am getting nowhere and would like to contact her boss. ...

The Recruiter Is *ALWAYS* Nice
Dec 02, 2011

After some coworkers and I applied for positions with a different company, I was floored by how many went on and on about the recruiter being "so nice" and how that translated -- in their minds -- into a reflection of their immediate supervisor and everyone else within the company. OF COURSE the recruiter is nice!  If she weren't personable and didn't have that type of personality, most likely she would not be in the position of recruiter.  Only the WORST managed companies ( ...

TTS, A QUESTION TO ASK RECRUITER
May 17, 2012

One question to ask the TTS recruiter these days, should you apply for a position there, is this: "What are the plans for this account you are offering me?  Will it be a permanent, long-term assignment for me, or will the account be going back to the client, "in-house" or elsewhere as soon as the platform learns VR?"  If she replies that she doesn't know, consider asking her to consult with someone in the company who does know, like the team leader,  and then come back to yo ...

Is DN Still The Recruiter At Softscript?
Nov 27, 2012

x ...

NUANCE RECRUITER CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY
Nov 13, 2014

I took the Nuance test a few weeks ago.. a Nuance recruiter by the name of contacted me, eager to hire me, said he would email me information on benefits, etc., never did, so two days later I emailed him again, and he never answerred... then I called him... he FINALLY emailed me the benefit info.  He then told me he would send me an offer last Friday so I could think about it this weekend and give him a decision by Monday, which is now almost four days ago.  He never sent me an offer a ...

If I Can't Get In Contact With My Recruiter...
Jan 20, 2015

Is it okay to get in contact wtih another one? I haven't been able to get in contact with my recuiter by e-mail or phone in well over a week. ...

FFT-Manager
Jun 17, 2014

Can FFT-Manager only be accessed now through FFT-Editor?  It didn't used to be.  I've been on medical leave and just now have returned to find this out.  ...

PF Manager
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone know if he has left?  I saw an advertisement looking for a new Transcription Manager on the PF site as well as other sites.  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

Recruiter Really Pursuing Me - Regarding Radiology
Aug 18, 2010

I didn't even apply to your company but for some reason they're all over me, calling and emailing.  I type radiology only; I told the recruiter that.  He insists I need to put in an application and test, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time and of course he refuses to give me any details until I spend it.  I know the Q's reputation is pretty bad - so I'm asking - how are the rad accounts?  And why don't they just advertise for rad MT's ...

Anyone Know If Tara Is Still A Recruiter With Transcend? Nm
Nov 04, 2010

xx ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

Where's The E-mail For The EdocScribe Recruiter?
Jan 25, 2012

I'm trying to apply with this company from an ad I saw on the other job site and can't locate the e-mail for the recruiter.  EdocScribe's website just has a general "contact us" e-mail.  Anybody apply there before and did you use this addy to send your resume? ...

Anyone Have A Clue How To Contact A Recruiter?? LOL
Apr 04, 2014

I have applied to Nuance, and already went thru the online process. Also had friends at N submit my resume.  I got a voice mail from a "Colleen" at Nuance today, saying she has my resume, but I have to complete some "Assessment", which she has emailed to me, as far as links to follow.  Well, no email from anyone, and when I called back the phone # on caller ID, it is Transcend, and there is no option to speak with anyone.  Is this a red flag?  LOL Don't answer that.  ...

Not Too Happy With The TTS Recruiter Right Now. So I Get An Email
Dec 30, 2014

they want to speak to me immediately.  I reply and tell them specifically in the list of questions that I do not have a working cell currently (cannot afford one and still do not have one).  So I get an email saying they tried calling and got an error message.  I am sitting here thinking okay I told you that in that list of questions, but whatever.  I said yeah is there any way to discuss positions via email?  Not a word since and that was Friday.  Not professional ...

MD Office Manager
Nov 06, 2010

I applied to this company a week ago and they had called me back for a phone interview yesterday.  They told me in an email that my scores were great, etc.  After the phone interview (which I thought went well) the woman told me that I would be contacted later that same day.  Well, she contacted me back about an hour later and said I was not a good fit for the company.  Does not make sense to me whatsoever! I am glad I didn't get the job, I don't think I wanted to ...

Ever Have A Manager 'discuss' Another MT To You
Sep 23, 2012

I don't really want to know what someone else did to screw up and find it inappropriate given her position, putting me in an awkward spot as it is not my business (I'm not management).  I just want, no need to get along with everyone and not develop bad feelings for either the rock or the hard place here.  Work is hard enough.  Why doesn't she just BE a manager and handle it privately without the smear job?     ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Message Sent To Manager And TL
Aug 24, 2013

(Note, X's are put in place here to protect certain information, but the rest is what I wrote them).  Dear *** and ***,  A couple of days ago an e-mail was sent to everyone on (***) account reminding eveyone that we are to transcribe all dictators and if help is needed to send the reports to QC.  I have noticed that many times when I log on in the morning time to work that the only reports left on this account are the "less desirable" dictators, i.e. those who dictate consi ...

Cant Get Into Fluency Manager
Aug 22, 2014

I cant get into fluency manager with my new password.  So it asks me to put in user name and company ID.  What is the user name?  My numbers that I log in each time?  What is the company ID?  Mmodal?  I can get into the work fluency to download a job, but I cant get into the manager one where you can check to see how many jobs there are.  Thanks for any help.  This is so frustrating.   ...