A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Manager sent us a list of our team audits - sm

Posted: Feb 11, 2014

We were just sent a list of how our team did on audits for February so far, listed by ID#.   Out of around 50 workers, three of them had 7-8 reports audited (including me, which I passed at 99.8), two with 5 and two with 4.  The rest had 3 and below reports audited.  At first, I saw a bunch of 100% and thought wow, they're good.  Then I saw that most of them only had 1 report audited, the rest had 2.  Then I saw that many of those who failed only had one or two reports audited also.

Here's the thing, if out of my 8 reports they chose 2 of my good ones, I could have had 100%; however, if they chose the 2 that brought my score down, I would have failed.  (One person failed having 2 minor errors on 1 report, and this very well could have been a huge report.)  

My gripe is this.  If you are going to send out the audit scores of your group, make sure they all have had about the same amount of reports audited.  Otherwise, you are bringing the morale down of those employees who failed with a couple minor errors, which will most likely lead to more errors on their part.  Also, those who have been audited 4 times more than nearly everyone else, are going to get paranoid and feel that they are being picked on.

I think they should send out audit reports of our lovely ILPs.  

Remember the days when quality needed to be 98% and they took in consideration the length of the report?

Considering this company is being run into the ground, I think that some of our suits need to be audited.  

I think that mass audit reports are not good - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Managing a team via the internet is not an easy task. This is just a terrible idea, so are the condescending BS emails that are sent along with your audited reports. I KNOW what the CP says, obviously for whatever reason, I missed it..MAYBE because you took me off all my regular accounts and stuck me on all new ones. After years of working, you get to know your doctor's voices and automatically know what hospital you are in. Common sense mmodal, common sense.

Just got back an audited report from the - julie

[ In Reply To ..]
facility that I had left the word "the" out of -- 1.0 off MAJOR noncritical error. They are going to get you one way or the other.

audit reports - popsicletoz

[ In Reply To ..]
There is definitely something in the air, I have worked here 10 years and this 99.6% is bull. I read here that the top levels have figured out that the transcribers are the meat of the company, so many of the "editors" and "trainers" are hoping to get their old jobs back so they can have one. You cannot run a company with 3 people watching 1 person do the work. I have never had such MEAN spirited responses from QA. It is like they really hate us, and I believe they do now. I am in the West and it is not best.
We got group audit reports today - and the main thing
[ In Reply To ..]
they were worried about was whether we were putting "was" vs "is." Seriously, that's almost all that was discussed in the note was to watch out for was vs is. RUKiddingme?
I hate what this job has become - persnickety
[ In Reply To ..]
It's a document. It's not a novel. But it's pick, pick, pick. Used to you just needed to get the point across. Maybe help the doctor out a little bit. Not anymore.
was vs is - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh boy, was vs is. Most dictators just say "zzz" Take your pick. Dictators are leaving out articles, conjunctions, and prepositions. And, they want verbatim?

I was just terminated today because of audit. - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just terminated today. I got an audit of 99.55% and the last audit was 99.25%. Before the phone call, I didnât get to read and listen to the reports listed on the audit, so I e-mailed the TSM my comments and questions about this audit. She responded with âno further e-mails needed. You are released from further communication because of termination.â
Then she sent a mass e-mail stating âwe have been getting a lot of errors, and here are your scores.â There were 21 employees who failed their audits. (That is, they got below the required 99.6%.) So I wasnât the only one. There were some in the corrective action process.

There were 2 errors I disagreed with and when I e-mailed coach and TSM, they didnât answer. My audit said âpatient name not allowed in report on this account.â That is not true, because I read the client profile every time I type on that account and it says nothing about patientâs name. I will definitely mention this if they call me for the exit interview.

I have been working for this company since October 2009, and first was hired by Spheris, which became Medquist, and then became M-Modal.

gosh... i hate to say this but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If the client profile says nothing about patient name, per the mmodal guidelines, you are to type "the patient."

I am sorry you lost your job. They dont make the rules clear enough. Too many things to follow. Its horrible.

typing patient's name in report - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
Of the 6 accounts I was transferred to, 4 say type patient name as dictated. On one account that says nothing about it, I have been typing patient name if dictated and have never gotten in trouble, but on this account only that was on this audit, I was counted for the error twice. I have been audited before and this was not mentioned. TSM all employees have to be audited now.
why would you type the name? it is easier to type the patient - just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
old school rules were to not type the patient's name, at least in the company that M2 bought out where I came from.
doesnt matter how youve done it before - follow rules, pass audit
[ In Reply To ..]
If the CP does not say you can use names, you have to use the patient. Simple as that. It does not matter if they never said anything to you previously. They are following this to a T And everyone who wants to pass an audit better follow the guidelines.
MM sucks...AND - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
btw, doesn't matter....they will just find another reason to fail you. You are ALL set up to FAIL.
That would be fine - if the rules didnt change
[ In Reply To ..]
willy-nilly

If it was such an important "error", - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
then wouldn't the doctor have dictated "the patient"? He said the name, that's what he wanted in the note. Such a crazy client specific. Years ago, we would simply type what the doctor said. Imagine that?

Um, no ... it's not up to the doctor to know MModal guidelines - it is up to you as the employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really sympathetic about the loss of your job but quite honestly if you weren't aware of this most basic guideline, I can see where there might've been bigger problems too.
Jeez, back off - Valerie
[ In Reply To ..]
She said she read the client profile. And MModel works as a service for hospitals, not the other way around. Your sympathy is a joke.
The client is MModal's *client* - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And as MModal's customer, how they want things done is, and will always be, the precedent.

If you don't familiarize yourself with MModal's guideline's, or more importantly, client preferences, you WILL fail your audit. Simple as that.

Someone needs to put their damn foot down - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
And tell doctors, hospitals, clinics, et al, that due to HIPAA guidelines, NO patient names or names of their families will be in reports. omg, is it that difficult?? The govt is mandating everything else with MU, etc, just effing tell these people that from here on out it shall be "the patient"! Ugh. Such stupid things for mm to get all riled up about. And, seriously, how is someone's name in a report going to be harmful? Identity theft? Ha, someone can gladly take my identity and my debt. lol I agree...it should be what the doctor wants in his report. However, with all this governmental BS, it's just easier to say it'll be "the patient" in all reports across the board. Thanks for letting me vent. lol

I would - say

[ In Reply To ..]
you did not really get terminated because of your audit score. It is more likely you were terminated because they are sending more work to India. I am no longer with this company (I quit), but I failed many audits and never got terminated. It happens every time they start a big push to India; they look for excuses to get rid of you instead of laying off. According to their past pattern, I would say it sounds like they are pushing more work, so we will see more terminations until they just can't terminate anymore and have to lay some off. This company works different than a lot of companies. Most companies will lay people off when they offshore their jobs but this one would rather find a way to terminate you.

so they give her job to - an ILP

[ In Reply To ..]
whose quality requirement is probably closer to 80%. Yes that makes perfect sense.
Quality requirements for ILP - TiggerQA
[ In Reply To ..]
The ILPs are held to the same standard. However, we can't be sure WHO is doing the auditing. From what I could tell when I was a QC, the ILPs audit their own people, and even some of ours. Sometimes they get audited by US auditors on contractual audits, but as far as monitoring their own employees, they do it themselves.
then why is their work so - um bad?
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an MME and I see it firsthand and I'm here to tell you it ain't no 99.6.
Oh I agree, it's bad... sm - TiggerQA
[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of them are really bad. The problem is, they have their own supervisors/teams in India, and it's up to them to performance manage their own. Apparently they give their employees a lot more leeway than we have. I shudder to think what gets sent directly to the facilities from them when one of our MMEs doesn't check the report over. Actually, some facilities have asked to have their work pulled back to US, but that's not what MM wants... they want the cheap labor that the ILPs can provide, so it seems they are turning a blind eye. Yes, they get "spoken to," but that's about it. Sigh.

If patient name is not mentioned in the profile - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't put it in there,,it is a HIPAA violation to type it..that being said, warn first. We have been put on a zillion different accounts, maybe they should rethink how they give out work. But that's just me and that makes sense, so not gonna happen

If it was a HIPAA violation, every doctor would dictate "the patient" - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had accounts where some do, some don't. If it was so important, dictators would be told by the facility that it's a "serious violation" if they use the patient name. But that is not what happens, because it's not that serious. Instead, it ONLY matters on the MTs' end in M*Modal's view. Again, the doctor makes the 'error' but is never accountable; instead the MTs are (!). This is an example of endless specifics and the responsibility that M*Modal burdens the MT with. The doctor said it, the facility obviously doesn't care enough to tell them not to (because it's not that important), yet it's all the MT's fault according to M*Modal. Somebody said above that M*Modal's guidelines are more important than the physician's actual words. How skewed is that?

I think that M*Modal offers their clients a choice of this or that when promising them the moon, resulting in pages of 'guidelines' instead of it being dealt with at the facility/administrator level (IF it was that critical). In the end, we bear the unreasonable burden of not just the errors we make but ALSO every single error their own VR program makes and all the 'errors' that the dictators make. This is in addition to a myriad of account specifics - I had over 25 primary accounts - that set an MT up for failure in attaining 99.6% accuracy. All this stress for 4 cpl.

Just some of the reasons I quit M*Modal. Not all companies are like this. It explains why VR quality is so bad if their guidelines include changing what the doctor actually said to something else. I've worked for two other MTSOs in my 25+ years in the business. Our 'guideline' in this respect? Transcribe what the physician said. The sky did not fall.
Patient name - BH
[ In Reply To ..]
My previous 3 accounts were very specific in client profile not to type patient name in report. When typing letters though, the doctor would always dictate, "I saw your patient, (patient name) in clinic today." And at end, he would say, "Thank you for allowing me to treat hour patient, (patient name). So I would have 2 blanks for every letter and the TSM asked why I had so many blanks. She never told me what to do in this case and the doctor wanted the patient's name in there.

Why can't they put all the info in the CP? - anon22

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do I have to memorize the CP, standards and guidelines, style guide and the BOS in order to pass an audit? Why do they insist on making my job harder? I have to look 3 places while in a job to find an answer, plus look up old emails because my QC sends email updates, but does not update the CP. It's crazy to do this for minimum wage. I must be crazy to still be here.

y'all are missing the point - the point is

[ In Reply To ..]
that she got fired with quality of 99.5. 99.5!!! is not good enough if you are a stateside MT working for MModal. Her job will now be given to an ILP whose quality hovers somewhere around 75-80, but THAT'S OKAY!

Why give them the courtesy of an exit interview, unless - Matt

[ In Reply To ..]
you are PAID for it. From your description, you were treated very unfairly & to give them the chance to insult you further ... well, they didn't deserve you to begin with.

Don't both getting anything reversed. Once a decision has been made to terminate an employee, mgmt. will almost never reverse their decision.

So unless you have the means and grounds to sue for "wrongful discharge" I wouldn't pursue it and move on.

I have found that the majority of "terminations due to quality"... well, they are never because of quality (99% is not good enough ... pull my chain!!) ... rather it is about something totally unrelated to quality, like complaining about too difficult ESLs or cherry-picking, or other non-quality-related issues. Then they'll audit you and nit-pick you to death, literally, until you either quit of your own accord or they do a "final" audit, before which the decision to terminate had already been made.

Exit interview - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
The coach was pretty specific in the audit when she wrote "per client profile." She is usually not ambiguous. She usually says things like if it is not in the client profile, then follow the Docuscribe guidelines, but she WAS referring to the profile. No, I am not going to pursue getting this job back.
Collect UE and move on... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Think of this as a blessing in disguise. Bleed them dry on UE until you get a better (paid hourly) job. Good luck. The best revenge is a happy life!

Similar Messages:

Question About Fluency Manager ... "Account Manager" Field
Feb 05, 2014

OK ... when you're in Fluency Manager, "status" ... where you see the list of facilities and number of reports.  When I click on the names of a few accounts that I'm assigned to, it takes me to a page that has a sort of "box" that has listed company, contact, type of company, etc.  One of those fields is called "Account Manager".  This is the TSM's name that manages that account.  None of my accounts has my TSM's name in that field - it has someone else� ...

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

FFT-Manager
Jun 17, 2014

Can FFT-Manager only be accessed now through FFT-Editor?  It didn't used to be.  I've been on medical leave and just now have returned to find this out.  ...

PF Manager
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone know if he has left?  I saw an advertisement looking for a new Transcription Manager on the PF site as well as other sites.  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

MD Office Manager
Nov 06, 2010

I applied to this company a week ago and they had called me back for a phone interview yesterday.  They told me in an email that my scores were great, etc.  After the phone interview (which I thought went well) the woman told me that I would be contacted later that same day.  Well, she contacted me back about an hour later and said I was not a good fit for the company.  Does not make sense to me whatsoever! I am glad I didn't get the job, I don't think I wanted to ...

WMX Account Manager Still There?
Jun 14, 2011

One of new AMs, not usually very communicative, but haven't heard from him since either Thursday or Friday.  Not unusual there is no communication over weekend, but usually get something each afternoon.  Response to E-mails --- Not so much. Do wish SOMEONE would make some positive informed statements about what is going on with the company.  Sounds like people are leaving by the droves.  Maybe this is what they want and they are just waiting us out to see if we can thin ...

Ever Have A Manager 'discuss' Another MT To You
Sep 23, 2012

I don't really want to know what someone else did to screw up and find it inappropriate given her position, putting me in an awkward spot as it is not my business (I'm not management).  I just want, no need to get along with everyone and not develop bad feelings for either the rock or the hard place here.  Work is hard enough.  Why doesn't she just BE a manager and handle it privately without the smear job?     ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Message Sent To Manager And TL
Aug 24, 2013

(Note, X's are put in place here to protect certain information, but the rest is what I wrote them).  Dear *** and ***,  A couple of days ago an e-mail was sent to everyone on (***) account reminding eveyone that we are to transcribe all dictators and if help is needed to send the reports to QC.  I have noticed that many times when I log on in the morning time to work that the only reports left on this account are the "less desirable" dictators, i.e. those who dictate consi ...

Cant Get Into Fluency Manager
Aug 22, 2014

I cant get into fluency manager with my new password.  So it asks me to put in user name and company ID.  What is the user name?  My numbers that I log in each time?  What is the company ID?  Mmodal?  I can get into the work fluency to download a job, but I cant get into the manager one where you can check to see how many jobs there are.  Thanks for any help.  This is so frustrating.   ...

How Many People Has The Transcription Manager Gotten Rid Of
Apr 26, 2010

I just wonder how many of us the transcription manager of MedScribe has gotten rid of.  Surprisingly, the number is growing and growing.  It feels so much better not to be alone and the **** really likes to get in your head.  Awful, awful and awful and I tried so long to give her the benefit of the doubt.  Stupid me! ...

Recruiter Vs. Account Manager?
May 16, 2011

Has anyone ever had an MT job interview with an account manager rather than a recruiter? ...

SoftScript Production Manager?
Aug 12, 2011

Could someone comment on this job position?  Stress, pay, etc.  Thanks for your opinions! ...

Fired By MQ Manager 12 Years Ago. Sm
Sep 04, 2012

I was working 2 jobs and not able to keep up with both jobs, so ended up getting fired, and mgr said I would be blocked from reemployment via my SSN.  Wondering if anyone has been rehired in such a situation. Do they really block SSNs from re-hire?  She was actually a wacko and her office staff people were doing all the work while she would fail to show up for work weeks at a time, unable to be reached.  While my work was excellent, I just couldn't get my hours in.  I kn ...

Transcription Manager Position
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you. It seems like a long time to find out if you are getting a job with this company. I applied for this position and then got told I was being considered and then nothing else. Just wondering if I should keep waiting or move on. Any suggestions. ...

Softscript Production Manager
Apr 10, 2013

Does anyone know if PM - LB is gone.  No update emails for 3 days now.  I just love how they let us know these things, but if YOU don't show up or inform them, you are penalized. ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Who The North RAD Manager Reports To?
Nov 02, 2013

NM ...

Qualifications To Be A Nuance Manager?
Jun 01, 2014

I have just read a few emails that are so filled with deception by management I wonder if managers are ever embarrassed to spread this BS.  Seriously some of the stuff they write would be funny if I had a sense of humor about Nuance - but I do not. I resent that I do the work while they get paid to give pep talks, make excuses and deceive. They must think MTs are dumb as rocks to believe the stuff they spew.  Then again maybe managers are the people who are dumb as rocks. Can anyone ...

Project Manager Online Course?
Jun 01, 2014

Groupon is offering this course right now for $99 - regularly $1495??? but I don't really know what a project manager is.  Can anyone explain? ...

Fluency For Transcription Manager
Nov 09, 2014

Cant get into fluency for transcription manager to change password, says to contact customer support.  Does that mean tech support?  Do we still have to send a remedy ticket and wait for them to call us or can we call directly to 1-800-DICTATE like we used to.  Any  help is truly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

My Manager Is Leaving - No Explanation Why. No Message
Mar 10, 2010

No message. ...

Webmedx Account Manager Update
Mar 11, 2011

Sounds ominous to me at least...account manager update conference call Monday, I know people from at least 2 STMs got this message. Holding my breath! I really like my STM, not crazy about the rest of the higher ups though! ...

Company Looking For An Experienced Account Manager
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a company looking for an experienced account manager. TIA ...

SoftScript Production Manager Info?
Jan 05, 2013

Please give me some info on this position if you can on hours and pay scale. TIA! ...

Please Help ASAP I Don't Know How To Access Fluency Manager And I Need To R/o
Aug 01, 2014

I'm supposed to be working right now and when I tried to log in to Fluency it said my password expired and to go to Fluency Manager to change it.  The only way I have ever logged into Fluency Manager is when I'm already logged in to Fluency, I have no link or shortcut, please help!!!  Before I get killed for not working.  Thanks!!! ...

An Excerpt From My Account Manager Late Last Night
Jan 20, 2010

After dealing with a potentially terminal medical illness, I was working away on my shift last night when the following email came thru (note that I edited any identifying information out of the email for confidentiality's sake)... Your line counts have been rapidly getting back to your regular spectacular volume.  You have 12577 through Saturday evening, which is wonderful.  Your ability to accurately produce well over 2000 a day puts you right up there with the top produce ...

Never Said You're An NTS Manager, Just Implied You Made An Uninformed Guess
May 06, 2012

YOUR POST YOU MADE TO ME: ""I am not a manager.You need to get over yourself. Again was just stating that COULD be the reason. Geesh! If you are so unhappy...LEAVE!"" OK NOW MY TO ANSWER YOU: I would say that your post to me was pretty harsh to say the least :) :)Moreover any post I have made in here I have told management the same thing. I have nothing to hide. I felt by the tone of your post that you were trying to imply Escription is so much better, hence account work loads are shrink ...

I Noticed The Maintenance Note Still On The Fluency Manager
Jan 12, 2013

Just wondering if they are still going to do the maintenance.  I would think not because of yesterday, but you'd think they'd take the note off the website.  ...

Production Manager At SoftScript Very Unprofessional And Threatening Emails
Jan 19, 2015

Is there anyone out there working for SoftScript.  My PM of 4 years just disappeared out of the blue and her replacement is horrible.  Sends multiple emails daily that are rude and borderline threatening, demanding responses... ...