A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Accounts seeing the "exciting changes" - CuriousMT

Posted: Dec 16, 2014

I can definitely tell that the accounts I work on have had people quit as volumes are incredibly high for this time of year.  In the past 3 years, the week before Christmas and until about the 2nd week of January, things are usually incredibly slow.  My TSM has been sending out all those wonderful "ALL HANDS ON DECK!" e-mails! 

More like, "MORE MONEY ON THE TABLE, PLEASE!"

Seriously, one account which usually hovers around 2 hours from the time the reports were dictated to the time they are transcribed is way out of TAT and has been for a few days.  Of course, the TSM's aren't saying what's going on. 

I've seen the same on - my accounts

[ In Reply To ..]
Got yanked off my years-long primary account last week and that account has been nothing but red for days now. Same with new primary.

Just what did they think was going to happen anyway with this new pay plan?

So glad to see. They deserve everything they get. - nana7

[ In Reply To ..]
Although I do not work for this company I am definitely glad to hear this. I am sure the hospital has a penalty for not being in TAT so that will cut into their huge profits. Keep it up people and bring them to their knees. Maybe the tide is going to change in our favor. All we can do is hope and what is happening at this company is hopeful for us.

Hopefully no one will take their jobs becuase of the pay plan and they just keep getting further and further behind.

Sadly, this pay plan is most likely to get rid of - US workers as cheaply as possible for

[ In Reply To ..]
them. They have already increased their India presence and according to my TL is set to increase even further in 2015. Forcing US workers to leave on their own is to their advantage so they don't endure high unemployment ratings. You're right though, they get what they deserve.

Good. I sure will not work extra for these people. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
They deserve to be out of TAT for what they have done to us.

maybe cause I don' work for them I am missing something but...... - nana7

[ In Reply To ..]
If their intention was to get rid of all US MTs and send work to India do you think there would be as much work as there is? This looks bad for them and if they are as smart as you all say I think they would have had India geared up so they could stay in TAT.

I just think if that was their intention then they would have had India ready to pull the slack and keep them in TAT. Just my opinion.

Who said they were smart? - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
x

From what I am experiencing... - overnuance

[ In Reply To ..]
when I log on for my shift in the morning, I am almost always out of work, and this is a new development in the 5 years I have been with Nuance. Someone is doing all of the work overnight, and I've been told it is India. I've also noticed that the reports I am getting to edit/type are the worst of the worst dictators, so I am assuming India is getting the easy stuff, leaving the US with the horrible sound quality and dictators to decrease our line counts and pay even further. People are leaving in droves, so there are accounts that have very few people to work the crumbs India is leaving. Of course, I spend about 6 hours a week OOW, where none of my 5 assigned accounts have work at all, and this is also new in the past few months. I have been looking for another job outside of MT for a month, hoping something comes along soon!
I too have had no work in the mornings - As a matter of fact..
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not worked 40 hours a week since the new pay plan came into effect. How can I have no work on 6 accounts?!! The work starts to pick up at about 11 o'clock, so I'm lucky if I get 5 or 6 hours a day. At the beginning of November I had about 40 hours of PTO, now I have 12 because I have had to use them to make up my pay check! I have started the process of collecting partial unemployment. SO SICK OF THIS!!

nuance - gettingpoorerbythedayatnuance

[ In Reply To ..]
The execs probably do have India geared up. I'm sure they saw a massive exodus away from the company coming with these changes. It's clear we are being manipulated. This way they can present to the hospitals that American transcriptionists don't want to work, that we are all just lazy, and they have people in India who are begging for work. My husband used to drive a truck and I remember seeing a trucking company exec being interviewed and he said that truckers were just lazy and didn't want to work, which was massively untrue, but my husband had had experience with that company and they didn't want to pay competative wages or give any kind of compensation, which is why they could not keep drivers. What we are going through is very much the same. We have allowed ourselves to be manipulated into a situation where (1) we were told it was a great thing to work at home by the line, and we bought it, (2) we were told that being paid by the character line was a good thing and we bought it, (3) we were told that using a time clock would make our hours more fair, and we bought it, etc., etc., etc., until here we are taking a 12% cut in pay in fairness to some other someone who is never named, and we will gripe and groan, but we will keep working because we don't have a union. The AHDI appears to work for the MTSOs, that organization will never stand up for its members. We don't have a union. We are each and every one of us alone sitting at a desk in our homes. We don't even know our coworkers. We can complain but it doesn't matter. If we ever do get organized, the work will just ship out to India without even a slow down in turn around. And at the end of the day, we tolerated and allowed every bit of it. We allowed ourselves to be turned into a nonentity.
organization - SoFedUp2
[ In Reply To ..]
There are very few Bayscribe accounts left; I do not know the exact number, but it seriously is not that many. I can't help but wonder if we could use that to our advantage in some way in terms or organizing ourselves. The anger and frustration on that townhall meeting today were palpable (and rightly so, of course!). I know of several who have quit, others who have reduced hours (myself among them), and others who are actively looking to get out. Clearly Nuisance has gone too far with this this latest stunt.
I reduced my hours last summer - Fatigued Fingers
[ In Reply To ..]
... and finally quit altogether about 3 weeks ago. I had 3 accounts and all were Bayscribe. I really liked those accounts and probably would have stayed on if Screwance hadn't started mucking things up.

I laugh when I see those... - Serious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I usually laugh when I see those "SOS" "all hands on deck" calls -- for the little $ we are getting, you really think many folks are feeling benevolent enough to log back on and pick up the slack due to the droves of MLS who are leaving Nuance?

They reap what they sow...serves them right...pay me more and maybe I'll be willing to pitch in more often.

Similar Messages:

Exciting Changes
Nov 04, 2014

Since when do we have to initial for EVERY report that went to QC for review? How hard would it be to let us know, hey, next time you open Fiesa, you are going to get such notice and you must review all of the reports--even if they scored over 99%.....Nope, figure it out on your own. The reason the reports go to review, many more times than not, is because it is a crappy dictator, HORRIBLE sound quality, so quiet I cannot turn up the volume anymore, or just plain did not make any sense, so show ...

Ambulatory - Exciting Changes?
Oct 28, 2014

Did any of you on the Ambulatory side get the e-mail this morning about the exciting new changes?  What is your take on it?  I, for one, am not "excited" - but more like horrified. ...

EXCITING NEWS!!!
Dec 10, 2014

Hey MTs who work for Nuts, In my opinion, with the system being down and Nuts hurting to get the work back to their clients, and Christmas almost here, what a GREAT TIME to say: "I have some EXCITING NEWS! Here is my resignation, effective immediately! MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Think of the impact if MTs joined this bandwagon!!! Who cares, let Nuts send the work to India. See what happens! ...

Transcend And Exciting News
Mar 20, 2012

Well, now I am equating "exciting" with doom and gloom.  First they knocked the pegs out of under me (us) and sold the company to Nuance.  Now the account that I was told would probably NEVER go to speech recognition, is doing just that.  I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.  Don't know how much longer I will ride this wave.  Lord come quickly. ...

Any Word Yet On The Exciting Nuance Changes?
Nov 03, 2014

ss ...

Why All The Secrecy Surrounding The New Exciting
Nov 04, 2014

Why is the most important factor in this (compensation rates) such a big secret? Why the silence. Why are TSMs not allowed to discuss or explain? How can you view this as exciting? It may be exciting for those at the top as they anticipate plan for increased bonuses and more exotic vacations. I can assure you, it's not viewed as exciting to those of use actually doing the work so that you may continue to live the lives you've become accustomed to. It's just so disheartening ...

Let's Face It. If New Compensation Plan Is Great And Exciting,
Nov 13, 2014

to announce it by now. Rather, it's end of year, they are frantically trying to hire new MLS who don't know any better and will be locked into the crappy exciting compensation plan while there is the expected stampede for the door. Can't get any lower than that. I wonder how much they paid a committee or team to think up this plan. ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

Simple Question Regarding "exciting" Changes To Wage Theft/pay Plan.
Feb 28, 2015

Are the latest "exciting" changes meant to help or hinder us, the MTs? ...

So, This New "exciting" Change They Are Talking About...
Feb 16, 2015

on the previous 2 weeks (to start Feb 28) -- so, does this mean that our March 6 paycheck will be based on the PP from Feb 14-27?  Is this correct?  Who wants to take a guess on why they are doing this?  I KNOW it's not the reason they give in the email--so that WE can have more time to request reversals.  ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...

Accounts
Mar 06, 2013

What do consider accounts?  All the different facilities, which can have a hundred people dictating or individual physician offices?  Just curious?  As I was warned by some of you kind transcriptionists, I did not get my own hospital where I previouslly worked, but have gotten several large facilities in the state.  When I question the supv, she always says "you are primary" on my old hospital.  Like to know how that is since I rarely get their dictation and she has admi ...

MT Accounts
Sep 11, 2013

When a healthcare facility outsources to a company such as M Modal do the MT's who were in-house retain their own transcription jobs they once had?  Is this a contractual agreement between M Modal and the healthcare facility?  ...

Wow My Accounts Rot
Sep 15, 2013

I was on other accounts for most of my shift and then got switched back to my normals. Mine are terrible, how can I get switched, tired of listening to foreign docs all day long. ...

Put On New Accounts
Feb 13, 2014

It was bad enough that we lost 1 of the accounts that I have had for 13 years last week, but today, without notifying me, I was put on new accounts.....the accounts where they are firing people left and right because of not passing audits.  My line count went down at least 30 lines per hour, mainly for having to look up physicians to cc, and consulting physicians, ect.  I am very stressed, and I just had to vent.  My nerves are frazzled. ...

I Have Got 4 Accounts Now, 2 Of Which Seem
Mar 26, 2014

I am just wondering if this is the new policy, or maybe just my little area of Nuance. It seems as if, despite my protestations, I am now forced to have 4 accounts, two of which I am unfamiliar and seem rather generic and never seem to have anyone working on them full time. On the other hand my primary and secondary are always decimated because so many people are on them now so I am forced to do the crappy overflow ones. I really hate having more than 2 accounts, except when things are really s ...

OTI Accounts
Apr 18, 2014

I am so sick of getting emails from OTI pleading to transcribe these accounts that pay 7.5 cpl and are practically as long as books and ALL VERY difficult ESL's.  7.5 cpl....... Really?!!! ...

Many Accounts From All Over
Nov 05, 2014

Is everyone else now getting reports from many different facilties, from all over the country?  I work part-time, and today alone I received reports from 16 different new facilities, separate from what had been my regular account, which in itself encompasses about 12 hospitals.  It's very time consuming to go through each profile and get used to each new and sometimes irritating doctor, often with very poor sound quality.  On top of that, I'm getting ...

AP - New Accounts
Jan 01, 2015

Wondering if anyone has been set up at all with the new accounts yet?  I know it's a holiday but kind of expect to get account specs or at least have them listed in my account list.  Even an email about the status would be welcome! ...

How Many Accounts Do You All Have?
Jan 31, 2015

Just wondering.  I am having enough trouble keeping these 3 separate with all the different client specs.  Over 2 or 3 is just insane. ...

Different Accounts
Feb 28, 2015

Has anybody ever been brave enough to say something to our HDSMs about the constant different accounts we get?  You know when you get 5 jobs back to back from 5 different hospitals? ...

Getting Accounts
Mar 19, 2015

Does anyone have any experience acquiring accounts in clinics or small, rural hospitals? Do you have to contact the purchasing department, the transcription department, or should you be registered with a credential management company? Where/how do you find information on facilities whose current MT contracts are up and the work is opening for bidding? Anyone have a clue??  ...

Seven Accounts And
Jun 21, 2015

The worst thing to me is when you get a few jobs in a row and try to build up some momentum, then OOW again! The second worst thing is that when there is no work I actually like it, I actually am relieved for awhile - until I realize I am unlikely to be able to make up the time - unless I sit here and try to snatch one here and one there, meaning basically sitting here from dawn to bedtime just to get any hours in really. Had there been work, I could have forced myself to sit there my entire s ...