A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transcend and exciting news - sm

Posted: Mar 20, 2012

Well, now I am equating "exciting" with doom and gloom.  First they knocked the pegs out of under me (us) and sold the company to Nuance.  Now the account that I was told would probably NEVER go to speech recognition, is doing just that.  I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.  Don't know how much longer I will ride this wave.  Lord come quickly.

I've found that "never" in MT really means "not yet" - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Right there with you - memyselfI

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree!!! Kick in the stomach describes my reaction as well! Don't you love how the higher-ups try to sugarcoat the reason for the meeting with the phrase "exciting news?" I knew even before the conference call (with the usual garbled/underwater-sounding audio - what's up with that?) that the change being discussed would benefit the execs while simultaneously penalizing us hard-working MTs who already make diddly-squat (the word "raise" is apparently not listed in Transcend's dictionary, LOL). Like you, I counted on that promise of straight transcription when I was hired because with regard to editing, I've been there and done that -- what a JOKE; the inevitable 50% paycut just doesn't cut it. If I stick with Transcend, I'm probably going to have to pull my kids out of their private schools which I already can barely afford in the first place (a vow I made to myself when their father took off on us - no compromising, child support or no child support). So I'm already searching job postings and intend to get out ASAP. Fellow MT, I'm so sorry this is happening to you (and me!). Know that I've already said a prayer for you, and I'm sending up a plea for perseverance for myself even as we speak! Way to stick it to us dedictated MTs, Transcend! Oh, and by the way, no replies about "change is good" or "you have to go with the flow" or "the future is now" needed so don't waste your preachy time, guys, even if you mean well. I know - I've got to get over my irritation/attitude and move on but right now, I'm pissed and not open to suggestions. Now where is that bag of M&Ms I bought the other day? - my own personal antidepressant. :-)

no preaching here - tt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a few years into my typing account switching to (good) VR and I'm still not making what I used to. If there was one good thing that came out of being pushed into VR it was that it gave me the kick in the pants I needed to go back to school and get out of MT (almost done).

You SO did the right thing! - memyselfI

[ In Reply To ..]
...that kick in the pants obviously was effective because soon you'll be able to graduate to designer 'pants'-! Good for you!
P.S. I've finished off at least 30 M&Ms now: O O O O O O O O O --> inserted in my big mouth (YUM) so I'm coming down from my semi-bipolar moment/rant. Maybe I can get a job in a chocolate factory? :-)
:) thanks for the chuckle...tastes good, i mean - sounds good...(OP)
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I am right there - with you

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with everything you said. I don't mind change, but don't keep knocking down my pay every time you make those changes. My lines have not doubled with speech rec, so there's no justifying cutting editing pay to half of the straight typing rate. No justification for that at all.

Similar Messages:

EXCITING NEWS!!!
Dec 10, 2014

Hey MTs who work for Nuts, In my opinion, with the system being down and Nuts hurting to get the work back to their clients, and Christmas almost here, what a GREAT TIME to say: "I have some EXCITING NEWS! Here is my resignation, effective immediately! MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Think of the impact if MTs joined this bandwagon!!! Who cares, let Nuts send the work to India. See what happens! ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

BREAKING NEWS!!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Exciting Changes
Nov 04, 2014

Since when do we have to initial for EVERY report that went to QC for review? How hard would it be to let us know, hey, next time you open Fiesa, you are going to get such notice and you must review all of the reports--even if they scored over 99%.....Nope, figure it out on your own. The reason the reports go to review, many more times than not, is because it is a crappy dictator, HORRIBLE sound quality, so quiet I cannot turn up the volume anymore, or just plain did not make any sense, so show ...

Ambulatory - Exciting Changes?
Oct 28, 2014

Did any of you on the Ambulatory side get the e-mail this morning about the exciting new changes?  What is your take on it?  I, for one, am not "excited" - but more like horrified. ...

Any Word Yet On The Exciting Nuance Changes?
Nov 03, 2014

ss ...

Why All The Secrecy Surrounding The New Exciting
Nov 04, 2014

Why is the most important factor in this (compensation rates) such a big secret? Why the silence. Why are TSMs not allowed to discuss or explain? How can you view this as exciting? It may be exciting for those at the top as they anticipate plan for increased bonuses and more exotic vacations. I can assure you, it's not viewed as exciting to those of use actually doing the work so that you may continue to live the lives you've become accustomed to. It's just so disheartening ...

Let's Face It. If New Compensation Plan Is Great And Exciting,
Nov 13, 2014

to announce it by now. Rather, it's end of year, they are frantically trying to hire new MLS who don't know any better and will be locked into the crappy exciting compensation plan while there is the expected stampede for the door. Can't get any lower than that. I wonder how much they paid a committee or team to think up this plan. ...

Simple Question Regarding "exciting" Changes To Wage Theft/pay Plan.
Feb 28, 2015

Are the latest "exciting" changes meant to help or hinder us, the MTs? ...

So, This New "exciting" Change They Are Talking About...
Feb 16, 2015

on the previous 2 weeks (to start Feb 28) -- so, does this mean that our March 6 paycheck will be based on the PP from Feb 14-27?  Is this correct?  Who wants to take a guess on why they are doing this?  I KNOW it's not the reason they give in the email--so that WE can have more time to request reversals.  ...

Accounts Seeing The "exciting Changes"
Dec 16, 2014

I can definitely tell that the accounts I work on have had people quit as volumes are incredibly high for this time of year.  In the past 3 years, the week before Christmas and until about the 2nd week of January, things are usually incredibly slow.  My TSM has been sending out all those wonderful "ALL HANDS ON DECK!" e-mails!  More like, "MORE MONEY ON THE TABLE, PLEASE!" Seriously, one account which usually hovers around 2 hours from the time the reports were dictated to the t ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...

Possible Good News
Mar 19, 2014

I interviewed for a job at a local, major hospital.  It was interesting to learn that the HIM department is in the process of bringing transcription back in house, at least partially.  It was claimed that their transcription company was not doing a satisfactory job.  This might be good news my MT friends.  Maybe this will be a trend?   I'm certainly hoping so and I mentioned how excited I was about the possibility of in-house transcription jobs being available in th ...