A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for full-timers. Do you split your hours - SM

Posted: May 03, 2014

up during the day - working 2-3 hours at a time - or do you work a straight 8 hours with breaks and a lunch? Thinking of going full-time and just cannot sit at my desk for 8 straight hours. I'd rather split my hours up but this then makes for a very long work day. Just wondering how others set their hours/schedules. Thanks for any information!

Yep. - Work some in the morning

[ In Reply To ..]
and some in the aft/evening. Ask your TSM or whatever she/he is called now. Wasn't a problem at all for me. HTH

I split mine during the week, do a straight 6 hours on Sunday - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I technically work a split shift but actually 8 straight - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
hour. It is a night shift (the other 9-5). It is a timekeeping nightmare in terms of vacations, etc. because everything changes at midnight. I get up every 2 hours to clean something in my kitchen. It really helps.

I work basically straight through - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 3-1/2 to 4 hours in the morning, then 30 minute lunch, then the rest of the shift in the afternoon. I get up once in the morning and once in the afternoon to stretch my legs, use the restroom, get a drink of water and a little snack if I'm having trouble focusing and then keep working.

splitting hours - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
how do you get to split your hours? Years ago I had split hours, then was told to change hours for the workload, told no split hours.

Straight through - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The sooner I can get out of here and done, the better..Why prolong the day..

Similar Messages:

Question For Full Timers About Required Hours
Mar 16, 2010

I'm short 3 hours this PP (not even sure why, prob signed out early a few times too many here and there)...... Am I in danger of losing my medical insurance if I don't have my full 40 hours?  I thought I may have heard that you had to go 2 pay periods in a row short before they would take away benefits.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks!! ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

If You Work FT Do You Split Your Hours Up Or Do
Oct 02, 2014

you work straight through. Thinking of going FT but not sure if I want to split my hours up or work straight through. Thanks for any help. ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Has Anyone Been Unable To Get Their Full Hours In?
Jan 07, 2015

Are we still in a holiday slow down???   ...

How Much Leeway Do We Have With Full- Time Hours?
May 13, 2014

Hi - Have recently gone to full time and need to know how many minutes we are allowed [either less or more] each pay period.    I don't see how I can exactly meet 40 hours each week.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  TIA ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

How To Split Job - Please Help
Jun 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me where i can find info on how to do a split job in DQS.  Thank you so much ...

HELP! FIRST SPLIT JOB!
Jun 09, 2011

I did the first job, put the cursor at the end, and split.   I have an empty ADT screen but the first report is still on the screen.  Am I supposed to put in  the new ADT information and then just manually delete the first report?  It's a VR report. ...

Split Job
Mar 03, 2012

tried two times and finally did job audit and saw it there. So went ahead and deleted it from new report. HOWEVER, got line credit for it three times, now concerned that the customer will say something about getting 3 copies and wondering if they will think I was trying to steal lines? Thinking maybe I should email CCM? ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

What Is A Split Shift? (nm)
Nov 28, 2009

x ...

Trivector Split?
May 17, 2010

Ortho, arthrotomy/knee arthroscopy. "Anterior midline skin incision was made, full-thickness skin flaps mobilized, and a medial arthrotomy performed, extended proximally...to the trivector split...OR...with a trivector split? Also, I cannot find "trivector split" anywhere.  I can find "trivector retaining approach" in Stedman's, but have never heard of trivector. TIA! ...

Split Jobs (from Below)
Nov 19, 2010

I had to listen to the new Split job instructions again because it had been so long since the tutorial and I had forgotten.  I didn't say it was "hard," but it had changed, and I had to refresh.  I don't throw jobs back, so had to go to MQ Central and find the tutorial again and listen about the "import" function and how to do it since you don't highlight and hide the text anymore.  It did take probably 15 minutes to find it and listen through the whole thing becaus ...

Split Jobs
Dec 05, 2012

Hi folks, I think I'm losing my mind.  I just did a split job, which I did...split it I mean, and it went over with words typed.  When I checked to make sure all was okay, no words on the paper.  But, the next report I did of the split was correct.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks.  ...

Maybe We Could Split Into Two MM Boards
Mar 16, 2014

Experience With Split Shifts?
May 09, 2011

If you work split shifts, does it feel like you're working all day? Or do you find it works for you? TIA ...

Reasonable Split Shift
Feb 15, 2013

If you were told by an employer on a given day you could work a split shift, what would you consider a reasonable amount of time in that split frame? 1 hour, 4 hours?  I just took a new job and am being screwed.  Would just like your opinions and have some validation for my own satisfaction as to who is being unreasonable.  Thanks. ...

Adjustable Split Keyboard
Sep 13, 2014

Looking to buy a new keyboard (or used in decent shape).  Which ones are both durable and affordable?  I see so many that I don't know which would be the best one.  Currently looking on Amazon and there are several.  TIA ...

Does Anyone Have Good Feelings About The OTI Split?
Sep 27, 2014

d ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Need Some Help From Old Timers
Apr 24, 2011

Need some of you “old timers” to help settle a difference of opinion.  We can’t seem to find any accurate information using the web. I was having a discussion with another MT friend about timelines in regards to when SR/VR started and when they started off-shoring.   I say everything happened within the last 5 years.  My friend thinks she started using SR over 5 years ago at the MTSO she works for.   Anyone have any accurate info? 1.  Year Speech Re ...

Old Timers, Do You Ever...
Sep 11, 2012

Have dictators you have to turn the volume all the way up and press the headset into your TMs to hear? Do you have to only chew during pauses because the sound of your chomping would obliterate their tiny whisperer? Have doctors who never learned to use the "Pause" making you listen to them review the past 5 years of a patient's chart? Are pauses so long you can take a nap or make lunch while they are thinking? Do you use swear words against the doctors, calling them mother __ ...