A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you drop to 35 hours/week, do you still get all the full-time benefits? - nothappy

Posted: Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc.

I get insurance at 30 hours - Progressive Part Time

[ In Reply To ..]
The only drawback is you get less PTO. But it's been my experience it's so hard to get to use it anyway it hardly matters.

I'm waiting for this to change as well, but not for the better. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Recall the hint last week about changes coming to PTO...It's never good news for us with this bunch of greedy wage thieves.

More changes? - Not good

[ In Reply To ..]
In my experience change, especially at Nuance, makes me want to cringe.
She said there was a "hint" of a change. Slow down and breath a little - nothing new has been announced outside the...
[ In Reply To ..]
stuff having to do with pay plan.
PTO changes start Jan 1st. sm - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
So if they are going to screw us out of that also, I think I'll drop down to 35 hours a week. I would probably make more $$ by dividing work hours by 35 instead of 40 - I also get extremely tired/slow/sick of it the last 2 hours I work so shouldn't see much of a difference. Getting "off work" 1 hour earlier a day would help my mood.
Agree. Since this is a production based job I think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
one is probably better off to work 32 to 35 hours a week to avoid burnt-out. It helps you to stay refreshed and in turn, you produce more because its easier to stay focused. I don't think you will lose much production by working 5 hours less a week. If anything, it will probably be the same if not close to it. I tend to taper off the last hour of work most days.

Where do I find the monthly premium for health insurance? - nothappy

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as the health insurance doesn't change much, the PTo will probably drop so I'd like to drop 5 hours a week.

I just reduced my hours too - star

[ In Reply To ..]
Dropped to 35 hours. I'm sure I'll still do OT and work 40+ to make the amount of lines I want, but I like having the option of working less if I choose. Same as others said, I tend to be slower at the end of the day anyway, so it probably won't make much of a difference for me.

Do you have to email your TSM or HR to reduce hours? - nothappy

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Reducing Hours - SoFedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]
I would truly appreciate knowing as well how to go about reducing my hours. I also like the idea of working less if I choose, which likely won't make much of a difference for me either, but will take a bit of pressure off. I could use that time to find a new job! The thought of reducing my hours makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING in retaliation to the new and exciting changes. I know Nuisance will not see it that way, and that I'm not a real person but rather merely a robot who produces lines for them, but it does make ME feel a little better.

To: nothappy and sofedup2 - star

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I emailed my TSM to let her know that I was reducing my hours to 35 per week, and told her where those hours were coming out of my schedule.

35 hours is considered progressive part-time. I do not have benefits or insurance through Nuance, so I am not sure how those things are affected. You will have to ask your TSM.

I am always being asked to put in extra time, so there will usually be an opportunity to work extra, up to and over 40 hours per week; but I like the idea of not having to. I bet I will not make any less money by reducing my hours either.
Thabk you ! sm - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
I do have health insurance and dental with them, so need to find out if my premium will change, etc. I agree that dropping 5 hours will improve my stress level, and like you said, can always work extra IF I want to. I want to drop the last hour of my shift - you just told her what hours you'd work?? I'm afraid she'll tell me to start 1 hour later, which I do not want to do.
THANK you. Can you tell I'm stressed?? LOL - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
Your mileage may vary with your TSM - star
[ In Reply To ..]
I should have prefaced it by saying that my TSM is actually one of the good ones (my opinion). She has been there for me every time I need anything and always tries to accommodate my schedule needs. I have had to change my schedule around several times in the past due to family issues.

I know that not all managers are quite so pleasant, so I am not sure exactly how you will have to broach the subject with your TSM. I just told mine that I need to reduce my hours, and that I will be finishing my shift one hour early.

If yours asks you to reconsider or start earlier in the day, you might just have to put your foot down and tell her that you need your hours reduced for personal reasons, etc. I don't think they can force you to stay full-time if there is an option for part-time.
Reducing Hours - SoFedUp2
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for the info, Star. Definitely helpful. I'll be getting with my TSM pronto. Thanks again!
To: Star - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
Did you email your schedule change to be affective that day? I'm planning on emailing soon affective today.
It will be effect the beginning of next pay period - star
[ In Reply To ..]
She has to put through paperwork to HR, and it will be effect starting this Saturday, so I still have to finish out my 40 hours for this week.
Thank you. sm - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
Once my shift is over today, I'm emailing mine and telling her this is my last week of 40 hours.
TO STAR: I requested a drop to 35 hours yesterday. sm - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
Have not heard from TSM or higher up, who I also emailed. How long did it take before anyone answered you? I was hoping to finish my week at 40 and then starting next week.

Similar Messages:

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

Can You Drop To PT (30 Hours) From FT At Any Time?
Sep 02, 2010

Or only certain time of the year?  With all the NJA the stress of trying to stay FT and get my 40 hours in killing me.  It's getting next to impossible to get 40 hours anyway, so I figure I'd go to PT of 30 hours and stop stressing.  My CCM says I'll most likely lose my health benefits anyway if I continue not getting my 40 hours in.          ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

MQ Full-time Benefits
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone tell me how much insurance costs for family through MQ, thinking about going FT, but bennies are important...thanks in advance. ...

If You Are Full Time With Benefits,
Jan 26, 2013

start getting NJA all the time and cannot make 39 hrs/week, what happens to your insurance? This is a first for me, but I know why, and at least MM is losing $$$ because of this too. ...

QUESTION ABOUT FULL TIME/BENEFITS
Jan 10, 2011

I was just wondering--if you are required to put out a certain number of lines to be considered full-time and the company you are working for does not suppy you with the amount of work needed to be considered full-time, then what happens with your benefits?  I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of everything before I even start applying.  Any comments about this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!     ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Medical Benefits - What The Deductible Is For A Single Individual, Full-time
May 02, 2010

Hi, Someone was kind eough to answer a question regarding health benefits for me, but I forgot to ask what the deductible is for a single individual, full-time.  I would appreciate this if anyone knows!   ...

How Much Leeway Do We Have With Full- Time Hours?
May 13, 2014

Hi - Have recently gone to full time and need to know how many minutes we are allowed [either less or more] each pay period.    I don't see how I can exactly meet 40 hours each week.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  TIA ...

Amphion...what Are The Min. Hours For Part-time? Any PT Benefits?
Apr 24, 2015

nm ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Can Newbies Get MT Jobs That Offer Full Benefits?
Oct 19, 2009

Is it possible to find a decent job as a new grad that will give you full benefits like dental, medical, 401 K, or am I just dreaming here. I know being an IC it's not going to happen but what about newbies getting positions as fulltime employees. Does it really happen? ...

How Many Hours Do You Have To Work To Get Benefits?
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to find a company where I can work at least 30 hours and still qualify for benefits.  Thanks ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

Has Anyone Been Unable To Get Their Full Hours In?
Jan 07, 2015

Are we still in a holiday slow down???   ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

One Full Week Down Of My New Job
Sep 08, 2013

I am the one that got the state job and I LOVED it!  During one of the training days, we ended about an hour early and the training person actually was concerned for us, because she didn't want us to have to lose an hour of pay on our checks.  She told us to let our supervisor know that we lost an hour and ask if we could make that up, if we wanted to, because she didn't want anyone's paycheck to suffer due to her finishing faster than she should have.   This was on ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Not Even A Full Week Under Transcend And
Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work.  Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that sui ...

Wow. My TSM Takes A Full Week Of PTO About EVERY
Mar 12, 2015

exaggerating, either!  Just how much PTO do the TSMs get???  Just another injustice and shows how little they think of US, the ones who do the REAL work around here.  At the rate my TSM takes PTO, that must be no less than a month of PTO per year?   ...

Question For Full Timers About Required Hours
Mar 16, 2010

I'm short 3 hours this PP (not even sure why, prob signed out early a few times too many here and there)...... Am I in danger of losing my medical insurance if I don't have my full 40 hours?  I thought I may have heard that you had to go 2 pay periods in a row short before they would take away benefits.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks!! ...

Question For Full-timers. Do You Split Your Hours
May 03, 2014

up during the day - working 2-3 hours at a time - or do you work a straight 8 hours with breaks and a lunch? Thinking of going full-time and just cannot sit at my desk for 8 straight hours. I'd rather split my hours up but this then makes for a very long work day. Just wondering how others set their hours/schedules. Thanks for any information! ...

Does Anyone Get A Full Week Of Work Anymore?
Jun 02, 2015

It is so exhausting trying to get your hours in with all the OOW. I can't apply for partial UE because I have another part time job (which also makes it difficult to sit here waiting for work all hours of the day), but I definitely would if Nuance was my only job. The reason I have another job is I get absolutely too depressed being at the mercy of the goddawful FIESA and nitpicky QA. It's absolutely disgusting the amount of OOW, even adding account after account, they are all out of ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...