A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Impossible to how many full-time to not make hours. - kittykatq

Posted: Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it!

seriously? - how?

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that since October, there has been shorted work (since they sent more offshore), but a year without a full shift? I dont understand. I was on mandatory OT for months and months before October. I had killer paychecks. How have you not had a full shift in a year?

Better yet, how are they keeping your insurance?

seriously? how? - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I do RAD and there is no work. I don't understand about the insurance. They just realize there is no work.

What region are you in? - StellarMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the North region, and the work has been dwindling for months, especially since the last reorganization, but now it seems clear that most of the work has to be going off shore. I'm wondering if all of the regions are experiencing this lack of work.

Am curious about something...I believe.... - bshel

[ In Reply To ..]
and it is just me but, I am convinced there are people who do get a full day's work. I know others here. That, I believe with all my heart, is what is happening. They want to keep certain people and others are expendable. With no work I am quite sure they are hoping you go elsewhere and don't make any noise on your way out!
I make sure I get a full day's work whatever I - have to do to get it.
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a family to support. If I couldn't get a full day's work, I would be looking for a job elsewhere. The only time I had to use PTO to make sure I had a full paycheck was the week of Christmas.
Well, thats nice for you. Obviously you dont work in - my part of the north
[ In Reply To ..]
Just you wait though, your turn is coming. There is nothing left in our BOB to take, so yours will be up next.
AND....it is not her fault she tries to feed .... - bell
[ In Reply To ..]
her family. You are blaming the wrong person.
Im not blaming anybody. I am just saying when there is no - work at all, you cant get it in
[ In Reply To ..]
I would never blame an MT for this mess.
If I had no work and could not get my time in, - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I would be looking for another job. Unless those of you who are out of work are just supplement income for your family, I don't know why you stay here. Makes no sense to me. I'd be down at the local Target getting a job if I had to. I understand there are a lot of factors involved, but for me, I would be desparate for a job anywhere. I have a mortgage to pay, and children to feed. As it is, I do have my house up for sale in an attempt to downsize, was left with a very large house after a divorce and the bills are killing me with the reductions in pay we have had to deal with.
OP - pomts
[ In Reply To ..]
To op I agree. I usually work the 2nd shift and now, my work is being eaten up by others. I'm beginning to be resentful of other people taking my work. If there is no work on your shift, then look elsewhere. I haven't eaten meat for months now. I pay my rent and that's just about it. Grocery shopping is at the local church pantries where I live and for kind hearted neighbors who help me out plus my church. At my age, it will be hard to find another job and the one I have is being taken over not only by India but by my fellow transcriptionists.
I'm right there with you - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I am barely getting by, work the 2nd shift except for Saturdays, and this morning got NJA for the first time since Christmas. This whole mess is going to trickle down to every MT in this company. I guess I just hoped I could fly under the radar and just get my measly part-time hours in until I can leave. It is hard to not be resentful of others who take my work. I understand they need the money too, but to be encouraged by TSMs to take our money away is just wrong. Can people who need to make up time apply for unemployment instead of taking what little work there is left? Or the TAA that was posted about a couple of days ago? I will likely be headed for UE too when my work runs out too. Sad situation for all of us.
How about you apply for unemployment and I will - take your work
[ In Reply To ..]
We are not just taking your work. We are being told to work those hours becuase that is the only work there is. No, it is not enough for everyone but that is not our fault. I dont want to work, I HAVE TO WORK. Unemployment does not pay what we earn. It is a lot less. I cant make it on unemployment. If you are unhappy about not having work, you go find another job. I have been applying and cant find a job. I have no other experience in anything. I am stuck here until I can get through school.

Whatever you do, stop blaming the other MTs. We are just doing what we are told to do. Call up your CCM and tell them you need more hours.
Do you think it is just that easy? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Target, Walmart, Home Depot, grocery stores, any kind of office work, BTDT. They are just not hiring. Don't think we are not out there trying to get out. Do you think we want to stay? I don't mean to be snarky, but it's just not that easy to go down to the local Target and get a job. Fast food anyone?
that easy? - pomt
[ In Reply To ..]
I have an idea. Why don't you try and take someone else's job away from that. Several people that post here seem to be REAL good at doing that.
I guess I'm fortunate that I could get a job at - Target in a heartbeat
[ In Reply To ..]
if I had too. Although I need to make 20 bucks an hour to pay my bills, I know I could get a job. Both my older girls have worked there or are working there, and they already want my 15 year old as soon as she turns 16. My almost son-in-law and his grandmother also work there. Since my daughters have been such good workers, I have an "in." However, I would probably look for work at another MTSO before going that route.
Oh now there you go, speaking negativity on someone - else because your situation is bad.
[ In Reply To ..]
she simply said she does what she has to in order to make sure she has a full check,meaning she will work the less desirable hours if need be and then you go and say "just you waith though, our turn is coming." INSTEAD OF just saying - I hope it stays that way for you and you continue to get the hours in you need.
Oh, yeah, I positively agree....very negative.. - bell
[ In Reply To ..]
but that is to be expected for these boards. This "...you wait.." Jeeze. I guess it is really hard for some to be kind. It gets old reading it. I personally look for support, not like this person, not not not...

Similar Messages:

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

How Much Leeway Do We Have With Full- Time Hours?
May 13, 2014

Hi - Have recently gone to full time and need to know how many minutes we are allowed [either less or more] each pay period.    I don't see how I can exactly meet 40 hours each week.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  TIA ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Make More Money Full Time At McDonalds
Jan 23, 2015

.07 cpl, paying once a month with a fee if direct deposit is utilized?  Geez, thought my job was hideous...  I could literally make more money working minimum wage 40 hours a week.  It is sad what this has come too. 19 years of hard work and dedication to watch it waste away...  ...

Undoubtedly It Is Just Impossible To Make $100
May 20, 2011

I am just flying along thinking I am doing great.  The numbers just don't seem to be going up.  I think after 8 hours I SURELY made at least $100, but when I figure it, nope.  How can this be? ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

Has Anyone Been Unable To Get Their Full Hours In?
Jan 07, 2015

Are we still in a holiday slow down???   ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Question For Full Timers About Required Hours
Mar 16, 2010

I'm short 3 hours this PP (not even sure why, prob signed out early a few times too many here and there)...... Am I in danger of losing my medical insurance if I don't have my full 40 hours?  I thought I may have heard that you had to go 2 pay periods in a row short before they would take away benefits.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks!! ...

Question For Full-timers. Do You Split Your Hours
May 03, 2014

up during the day - working 2-3 hours at a time - or do you work a straight 8 hours with breaks and a lunch? Thinking of going full-time and just cannot sit at my desk for 8 straight hours. I'd rather split my hours up but this then makes for a very long work day. Just wondering how others set their hours/schedules. Thanks for any information! ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...