A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for full timers about required hours - Kiki

Posted: Mar 16, 2010

I'm short 3 hours this PP (not even sure why, prob signed out early a few times too many here and there)...... Am I in danger of losing my medical insurance if I don't have my full 40 hours? 

I thought I may have heard that you had to go 2 pay periods in a row short before they would take away benefits.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks!!

FT calculated at 39 weekly - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
For us FT people we need to have a minimum of 39 hours weekly Sun-Sat, it is not calculated per pay period. You have the option of using PTO or making up the hours if work is available. Maybe if your CCM notes you are short she will just add some PTO.

I have no clue about losing benefits- always made sure I had my 39 hours.

actually FTLB is 39 hours - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't even qualify to get any benies other than PTO/401K at 39 hours. All other benies are offered at 40 hours.

I was told you can go 1 PP a month below the 40 without jeopordizing your insurance. I was also told they've been somewhat lax about the 40 hours thing but supposedly are going to start "cracking the whip" shortly on those not getting the time in.

I'd make sure to use some PTO to make up the difference if available, or possibly try to work some extra hours.

If there is a legitimate reason, such as NJA, etc..., I don't think you'll have a problem as long as it isn't happening every PP. If it does sart happening all the time, then you'll probably be requested to change schedule to heavier workload times or drop the benies altogether.

Similar Messages:

Question For Full-timers. Do You Split Your Hours
May 03, 2014

up during the day - working 2-3 hours at a time - or do you work a straight 8 hours with breaks and a lunch? Thinking of going full-time and just cannot sit at my desk for 8 straight hours. I'd rather split my hours up but this then makes for a very long work day. Just wondering how others set their hours/schedules. Thanks for any information! ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

Are You Required To Take Full 8 Hrs PTO For A Day Off?
Jun 08, 2012

s ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Required 4 Weekend Hours?
Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wr ...

Required To Switch Schedule To Add Weekend Hours
Jan 12, 2012

Anyone out West asked to work 3-4 hours minimum on a Sat. or Sunday with equivalent time off Monday to Friday ?  Do they ask this of the Indians, also ?  Reason given was to cover TAT.  Your thoughts, please ?  Thanks !  ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Has Anyone Been Unable To Get Their Full Hours In?
Jan 07, 2015

Are we still in a holiday slow down???   ...

How Much Leeway Do We Have With Full- Time Hours?
May 13, 2014

Hi - Have recently gone to full time and need to know how many minutes we are allowed [either less or more] each pay period.    I don't see how I can exactly meet 40 hours each week.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  TIA ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

39 Hours Is Considered The Full Week Correct? So We Just Need
Jan 01, 2015

put in enough unpaid hours to equal that? ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Need Some Help From Old Timers
Apr 24, 2011

Need some of you “old timers” to help settle a difference of opinion.  We can’t seem to find any accurate information using the web. I was having a discussion with another MT friend about timelines in regards to when SR/VR started and when they started off-shoring.   I say everything happened within the last 5 years.  My friend thinks she started using SR over 5 years ago at the MTSO she works for.   Anyone have any accurate info? 1.  Year Speech Re ...

Old Timers, Do You Ever...
Sep 11, 2012

Have dictators you have to turn the volume all the way up and press the headset into your TMs to hear? Do you have to only chew during pauses because the sound of your chomping would obliterate their tiny whisperer? Have doctors who never learned to use the "Pause" making you listen to them review the past 5 years of a patient's chart? Are pauses so long you can take a nap or make lunch while they are thinking? Do you use swear words against the doctors, calling them mother __ ...

Any Old Timers Out There?
Oct 04, 2013

Just this morning I was talking to my husband about "the good old days" in the medical transcription world.  I remember when we would type a report, I mean "straight" type a report (no VR), send it off to be signed by the physician and then it was placed on the medical record.  Back then, it was the physician's responsibility to make sure that all the information on the report was correct before he signed it.  Anyone remember those days?  Technology and new ways of doing ...

ASR ; Old Timers, Remember When.....
Nov 18, 2010

Hey all you loyal MQ people who have been here for years (why we do it, I don't know) Remember when....they used to tell MTs DO NOT ENTER S/L in the QA NOTE, because it made QA "think" they would hear that word....well guess what...and this is for the suits and the managers who are looking, and we know you are .....ASR is nothing but a full report of sounds likes.  They wonder why errors are being seen in ASR reports?  DUH!!!      ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Night Timers, You Are My Idols . . . .
May 05, 2010

dear night timers --  i normally work days, but just wanted to let you know that after filling in for a couple of shifts working nights that I appreciate you guys now more than ever.  I do not know how you do it day in/day out (or is that night in/night out?)  Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I have a new appreciation for the night timers who work thru the night.   It was an eye opener and it was actually nice to walk in someone else's shoes for once! ...

M-Modal Buy Out, Ex-Spheris, Old Timers With MQ
Aug 18, 2011

Anyone here from M-modal?  All of you, M-modals, ex-Spheris, and MQ people -- watch your backs!!!! Watch out for yourselves only!  MQ is about the most dishonest MT company out there.  Every deal they have made has been crooked in some way shape or form.  Google it for gosh shake.  With every merger, they cut the best people (usually the ones making the most $$ with the most experience) so they can send more over to Cbay, naturally...since they own 97% of the compan ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...