A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

beginning tomorrow - whatever it takes

Posted: Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes.

Why not ask - your TSM for

[ In Reply To ..]
a shift change and/or what days of the week you work? I am not trying to be mean. It is just that I was told by my TSM that "they" (assuming higher ups) are watching "things" very closely. I wouldn't want to see anyone get in trouble.

not the OP but if "they" - are watching things

[ In Reply To ..]
so closely, then they realize the NJA situation. Not trying to be mean either but I so don't care what "they" think or watch. I need to pay my bills. I'm gonna work when there's work.

exactly - this ship is going down

[ In Reply To ..]
Every man for himself. Or woman, as the case may be.
Puleeze, this ship will be here long after you are gone. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
maybe - but it will be a ghost ship
[ In Reply To ..]
full of MTs wandering around with nothing to do and wondering what happened to them.
Really. - A ship of fools. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
A leaking, faulty Indian ship - hotcrossbuns
[ In Reply To ..]
Stay aboard if u wish
A Voyage - of the Damned,
[ In Reply To ..]
sailing into the MT Bermuda Triangle.
Piloted by the overpaid & incompetent - Captain Bligh
[ In Reply To ..]
a miserable taskmaster
At his right hand the cruel - oblivious hag
[ In Reply To ..]
Mistress Amy, who sits on a mountain of gold and occasionally dispenses a shilling or two to her more favored slaves in between lashings.
Out of nowhere jumps MModal man... - the man
[ In Reply To ..]
...wearing an Armani suit, Kevlar coated, spraying a strange orange fog over the minions while chanting, "Boost, Boost, Boost."
And "First Time Right!" - which makes
[ In Reply To ..]
Mistress Amy laugh so hard, she falls off the mountain of gold and breaks a nail.
we should go to work for Carnival Cruise Lines - we know all about sinking ships nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
And other things going on stranded ship. - Ahem.
[ In Reply To ..]
nnnnn
LOL yeah - toxic waste bags nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Be careful of burnout. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been doing that for about three years and it has consumed my life as I'm unable to do anything for any length of time. Also, once you start doing that, they expect you to be flexible and continue with it.

At this point, I get plenty of work, but I get the bottom of the barrel during my scheduled shift and then get offered the easy stuff for OT, which of course I have to take in order to make my line counts.

I only need to get through the summer - whatever it takes

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been fortunate that I have not had to use my PTO for NJA. I intend to take a vacation this summer and use up my PTO, and as soon as I'm back from that, it's time to get off this sinking ship.

Sounds like a plan then - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm trying to get off this boat myself. I'm one of the more fortunate ones here in that I usually have plenty of work but the hoops I have to jump through to get it are wearing me out. So, like you, I have an "out" planned.

I'm so burned out with MT (not just MModal) it's not even funny. As far as jobs go, this one hasn't been bad so far so I'll stick with it until I can get out of MT altogether.

beginning tomorrow - noworkmt

[ In Reply To ..]
My supervisor sends out emails that we are not allowed to make up work until she gives the okay, which never happens because there is never any work.

I got the email - from my supervisor...

[ In Reply To ..]
I need to start rearranging my hours due to no work. Hmmm. MModal/Titanic? I plan to be on one of the life boats, thank you very much, and I don't plan on being rescued by another MTSO ship in the distance.

I love this thread! - lol

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Some people here are so comedically gifted, you should be comedy writers. Such fun, such wit! Thanks for the laughs.

We have to - laugh

[ In Reply To ..]
to keep from crying! LOL

Me too - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sitting here laughing too, but unfortunately it's all so true!

Similar Messages:

So With Tomorrow Being The Beginning Of A New Pay Period,
Feb 15, 2015

Have I already worked my last day and didn't know it? ...

A New Beginning
Apr 27, 2012

Glorious day, Glorious day!  I am outta here.  Can anyone who has also had the pleasure please tell me how to go about getting my 3 weeks of PTO owed to me and how long this process takes?  Also returning my computer and regaining my deposit on that?  FYI there are companies out there that do care....You just have to look. ...

Beginning To See A Pattern Here
Nov 20, 2009

All these companies stink and this job rots...I put my resume in on Thurs w/ Keystrokes and they hired me on Friday at a higher line rate 9cpl...Got the shift I wanted but not the days off which really doesn't matter to me, just have to flex around some existing doc appts. Never worked meditech...DocQuscribe is a hard platform to follow, it is GREAT...MQ just stinks...I tried Spheris they had their good and bad on platform..The one I am on now crescendo stinks royal in many ways..God I can& ...

P.r.n. At The Beginning Of Sentence?
Jan 07, 2011

If p.r.n. is the first word in a sentence, would it be correct to type "P.r.n." or should I combine it with the first sentence with a semicolon? I am not sure if the two sentences are directly related, though. ...

EPIC Is The Beginning Of The End...
Dec 20, 2011

Work for a MTSO who had more than we could do, EPIC on board and now are fightly over the few scraps... in a matter of weeks, things can change FAST... Time to dust off the resume.. for what it's worth.   ...

P.r.n. Or P.R.N. At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Mar 24, 2012

This has always bugged me.  It looks better with P.R.N. (all caps) at the beginning of a sentence, instead of P.r.n. (just first letter cap'd).   Also, P.O. or P.o. at the beginning of a sentence. 1.  Bactrim. 2.  P.R.N. or P.r.n. fentanyl. 3.  P.O. or P.o. steroids. 4.  Potassium.   Any suggestions? Thanks!   ...

P.r.n. At Beginning Of Sentence
Jul 14, 2012

Doctor says p.r.n. splint use as starting a new sentence. This is a verbatim account, so should it be P.r.n. splint use? ...

Not Following CP's Is Beginning To Catch Up.
Oct 04, 2012

Some clients starting to notice and complaining. But geez, some of those CP's are so lengthy and convoluted and laden with so many things we do not get paid for. Of course, the longer the CP, the more likely the client is to complain. ... Some CP's are so long and involved, those accounts really shouldn't be farmed out to those who normally do the account. To be unfamiliar with an account with so many peculiarities is inviting trouble. Choices, choice, go through that CP and m ...

Can't Help But Think MM Getting Into Coding Is The Beginning Of The
Mar 14, 2014

x ...

Dr. Starts With A Number At The Beginning, Does This Look Right?
Nov 05, 2009

Sixty percent of the symptoms are on the right, relative to 40% on the left. ...

Is The Worm Beginning To Turn?
Mar 20, 2010

No replies to Oncall for 6 -7 cpl.  Look down a few ads and see the pathetic one put on by Lee Perfect.  She cannot get anyone to type and says "sad but true."  It just may be that the time for the MTSOs has arrived, meaning that sooner than may have been expected they will be begging for MTs to come to work for them and it will fall on deaf ears and very still fingers.  I think most of us who have been in this profession for years have "finally had it." We are either stayin ...

NJA Beginning Of Shift..........North NM
Jul 14, 2010

x ...

Numbers At Beginning Of A Sentence
Nov 09, 2010

If a number starts a sentence like 5 mm do you spell out the 5 or start if with the 5.    TIA ...

Numbers At Beginning Of Sentence
Apr 05, 2011

I was always taught to spell out numbers at the beginning of a sentence.  Does this apply even if that number is technical and larger than ten? For example, would you type "25-mm sections were obtained."  -- OR --                                               "Twenty-five-mm sections were obtained." Thanks in advance. ...

Numbers At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Aug 14, 2011

How do you type a sentence that begins with 911? ex.  911 was called. or Nine-one-one was called. ...

Beginning Week 4, NJA North. Nm
Sep 06, 2011

nm ...

VR Line Rates For Beginning MT
May 01, 2012

Anyone know the starting vr line rate for a new MT? I was offered 2.5 cpl vr and 6 cpl straight. Any comments would help!! Thanks ...

Well....beginning Week 2 Of This New Pay Plan. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I'll wait to see hopefully by tomorrow what my pay for last week will be. Have my resume ready to go. Thinking of applying for 2 county positions - only thing holding me back is they are shift positions - 2 months of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and then 2 months of 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. don't know if I can sleep during the day. ...

I'm Beginning To Hate Holidays!
Jan 19, 2015

Dear Dictator:  What makes you think I can understand what you are dictating when the baby is screaming it's head off, and the toddler is sitting on your lap having loads of fun banging something (the phone?), the dog starts barking, and you decide to yawn on top of all that? ...

Why Does The Audio Randomly Start At The Beginning On DQS 7?!
Jun 25, 2012

This happens to me several times during a report.  I don't know if I'm hitting a key or if it's just from hitting my pedal a couple of times in a row or what.  The old DQS never did this to me...!  Very frustrating trying to constantly find where I was in my dictation before it decided to move me to the beginning yet again. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

Shortcut To Return To Beginning Of Audio?
Jan 24, 2013

Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back to the beginning of the audio?  With 6.whatever you just went back to the beginning of the text and then did control m to put the audio there and went to the beginning because of the skip markers, now with no skip marker, it only goes back to where the actual report starts, not the beginning of the ADT, if it will go back at all.  I like 7 way better in all other aspects, but having to manually slide the audio back over with ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Punched In Five Minutes Before Beginning Of Schedule
Apr 15, 2013

and no work.  Going to be a really LONG night.  What happened to the work my supervisor said there was during the night which is why I switched shifts.  If this keeps up I am out of here by the end of the week.  ...

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

SUM Program Beginning Medical Transcription
Jun 04, 2014

Hi all, I am new here, this is my first post.  I am currently taking online classes to become an MT.  I've just finished all the medical background training classes and the BOS.  I've just gotten the SUM program for Beginning Medical Transcription today along with my foot control.  I have to say that I am pretty nervous to be actually starting the transcribing part.  Has anyone else used this particular program in training?  Any helpful advice? Thanks he ...

Axisceon" Beginning At The Medial Epicondyle...
Oct 29, 2009

Incision was made over the medial "axisceon" beginning at the medial epicondyle..." ...

Express Scribe Rewind Gets Me The Beginning Of The Dictation
May 11, 2010

Please help! I got another computer, downloaded express scribe and did the wizard. When I step on rewind, it rewinds, then immediately starts from the beginning again.It does not actually rewinds to the beginning until I release my foot from the foot pedal. It has to be in options somewhere but I cannot find it! Please help! ...

Was A Major Account Beginning With Letter S Lost?
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Beginning A Physical Exam Sentence With A Number
May 03, 2012

I have transcribed: PELVIC EXAM: Fourteen to sixteen week size mobile uterus. Is it correct to have spelled out the numbers since it begins the sentence? ...