A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The future of transcription in India? Think we'll get our jobs back? - dreamer

Posted: Jan 29, 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we got our jobs back?? Hey, I can dream....

Great, thanks for posting it. Despite the occasional butchering of English... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it was very intelligent and well thought out. The greedy 1% suits are ruining it for them there just like they've done here. The comments on that article sound so incredibly similar to what we've been experiencing too; they're just more at the beginning of the crash.

Nah, don't think it's coming back, it will just move on more to the Philippines, and once they're disgusted with being exploited too, then to Kenya and then South America, China.... (see the "medical transcription team" info below)

Very interesting link. - Rainwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
What he says about people shouldn't spend money for school in hopes of getting a job in MT would also apply here. The work won't be coming back. It will either be speech wreck or go elsewhere offshore.

The article was dated - october 2012

[ In Reply To ..]
so not new, for sure.

Only 3 months ago ... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Might get them back, but the pay will still suck. - mythought

[ In Reply To ..]
They will just say "work harder! There's tons of work now!!!!!"

Even if it came back like gangbusters, it's already - too late for me. Gotta get out NOW, or starve. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

DEJA VU, isn't it? A mirror-image of what happened - to US MTs. It will happen again - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in the Philippines, and again in China, if it gets that far before some as-yet-uninvented software renders the entire field of MT/word processing/court reporting/coding/etc. extinct.

Is there really a limitless supply of fluent English speakers? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Even the guy who wrote that article had pretty dicey English skills.

It doesn't matter - MtMt

[ In Reply To ..]
A few years ago, at least a few companies would have cared. I remember when they would ding you for a forgotten comma and how that made quality of patient care suffer. Now, none of it has to make any sense, drug names/doses can be wrong, and patients can die as long as the administrators have a few more cents to shove in their overstuffed pockets.

There's not even an unlimited supply in the US! It's - ludicrous he thinks India has so many! Pffft!

[ In Reply To ..]

future of transcription - crittermom

[ In Reply To ..]
TBH, I think the MTSOs may be anticipating something to come down the pike, a ban on offshoring health records, catastrophic medical malpractice, something along those lines. In order to not put the squeeze on their Lexus payments it wouldn't surprise me if this were a "how low can we go" phase to see if American MTs will accept what they paid the Indian MTs, and unfortunately, some will . . .

America certainly has sold itself to the lowest - bidders, hasnt it? Pathetic.

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Similar Messages:

Awful Future Prospects For India MT Career.
Aug 02, 2013

http://mtherald.com/awful-future-prospects-for-medical-transcription-career-in-india/ Just a tiny little sample of this article. Medical transcription is not for anyone who dreams about good career progression prospects but for any lazy duck who want to make just a living from home, killing time cursing stars, and repeatedly uttering “There is no better opportunity than this for the time being for my credentials at this age!” Come out of the cocoon and look out for a world of ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Just Received Email From MQ About Lobbying Our Future Jobs As MT's.
Nov 11, 2009

I do not know if we are seriously going to have jobs as MT's in a few years.  ...

Coding Jobs Going To India?
Dec 21, 2011

This is a question for coders.  I am thinking about taking the coding course through Andrews school.  I am just asking about the outlook for medical coding in the future.  Have any coders out there lost their jobs due to it going to India or overseas or to any computerized program like Epic or Amazing Charts.  I am just asking before I take the course through Andrews.  I think there is a future in coding. Thank you for any replies. ...

Only 150 Jobs In All Right Now. Work Going To India?
Jan 27, 2013

NM ...

Coding Jobs In Bangalore, India...
Feb 16, 2014

Seriously... ...

Asked To Work Extra So People In India Who Take Our Jobs
Oct 19, 2014

Some gall, huh?!? I'm thinking what?  I have to work holidays when they fall on my regular scheduled days. Nope - nothing wrong with this picture.  Nothing at all.   ...

EMR And The Future Of Transcription
Jul 27, 2011

With the president's health care reform he is giving incentives to doctors to switch to EMR.  From what I understand, if doctors have not switched over to EMR by 2014 they will be taxed.  What is the future of our business with this policy?  Especially the big transcription companies like Transcend? ...

The Future Of Transcription
May 07, 2013

I had to take my two kids to the doctor the other day.  Thought I was lucky, because there were only 2 people in front of us, but it was TWO HOURS before we were called back.  Once I got back there, I saw why.  When the nurse came in to ask the pre-visit questions, she asked a MILLION questions and entered them all into her laptop, typing out what we said (typed VERY slow, by the way) and we were just on HER portion for over 45 minutes.  Then, the doctor came in and saw the kids and she spen ...

Future Of No More Medical Transcription
Mar 22, 2011

Are you thinking of going into medical transcription for a career? Don't do it! The field is growing smaller every day, and soon will be gone completely. In Alaska, all the major hospitals have gone to voice recognition, and work is scarcer all the time. Look into medical coding maybe, or working in a doctor's office as an assistant or receptionist. DON'T GO INTO MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION! Liza ...

Radiology Transcription Future
Sep 22, 2011

There has been an obvious decrease in medical transcriptionist positions being advertised where I live.  However, I tend to see openings for radiology transcriptionists at the local hospitals.  Due to the nature of this work and the quick TAT needed, I wonder if radiology transcriptionists will always be in need or if it too will die off.  ...

The Future Of Medical Transcription... Sm
Dec 15, 2011

Now, don't shoot me because this is presented by the AAMT.  Just watch it and consider what our role will be in the coming years in the healtcare profession.  ...

Future Of Transcription - An Observation
Jan 29, 2012

It is my opinion that transcription, whether it be standard or voice, will be replaced altogether in the very near future.  There may be some little independent offices or hospitals that continue, but not for long.  I say this for 2 reasons.  One is that the hospital I worked for locally started withe EHR about 5 years ago and the introduction of VR about 3 years ago with the push for the doctors to do their own "point & click" type of transcription.  The software made a ...

The Future Of Medical Transcription
Sep 05, 2012

What do you feel is the future of the medical transcription profession?  In my area, the hospitals and their doctors' groups are switching over to voice recognition systems and not using traditional medical transcription.  Will I be out of a job soon?      ...

Future-Net. Guess I Must Have Flunked The Transcription Portion Of The Test
Feb 25, 2010

Really not expecting to hear back.  Left several blanks in 2 of the reports.  I have 30 years experience and can transcribe ESL, but on one-try, give me a break. ...

Can I Go Back To Bed? First 5 Jobs - All Different Accounts ..
Mar 06, 2012

Working on getting out every day.   I think we should challenge all the CCMs to actually sit and do this crap one day, and have an upper mgt person sitting alongside watching them.  Maybe they could pull up all the different specs .. you know we are now supposed to check F5 on every report, right?  ROTL .. that is what we were told recently. Then maybe they'd fix the darn pools.  Walk a mile in my shoes upper mgt!!!    ...

Cut Back To Only 2 Jobs Lately On Breitner Downloads?
Oct 03, 2011

Did anyone else get cut back to only 2 jobs lately on Breitner downloads? ...

Transcription Business Proposition From India
Sep 28, 2010

Just got a phone call from heavily accented gentleman who called and said he had a business proposition for me from India.  He knew my name, so I am assuming he got it from my resume.  Anybody else ever gotten these calls?  Just found it odd. ...

Transcription Jobs
Apr 11, 2013

Looking for a really great company for transcription from home.  Not very happy with current employer.  Who is the best company to work for?  Any recommendations? ...

Psychology Transcription Jobs
Sep 06, 2011

i urge u to inquire about doing transcription at social service agencies. they are overwhelmed with their paperwork. i work for a psychotherapist. he is extremely busy and tells me typing his own notes is one less thing he has to worry about. u can market yourself by telling them they can carry around a hand held dictator and dictate while they are in the car going to their next session. i pick up at the end of the week and finish by the end of the next week. it is a general transcription, few m ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Medical Transcription Jobs
Aug 12, 2013

Does anyone know of any companies out there that are hiring IC MTs?  My one company is very slow and am looking for supplemental work. Thanks so much.  ...

Where Are All The Radiology Transcription Jobs?
Aug 26, 2013

It is just me or does it seems as if the transcription third party companies are focused more on acute care transcription than any other specialty. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for over 20 years. The company I worked for decided to eliminate 13 of us F/T transcriptionists since they converted to VR system and they kept a few aboard. Apparently the radiologists are being trained to edit their own reports. That being said, I'm searching high and low for a F/T position for a radiol ...

Get Medical Transcription Jobs Now .com
Dec 11, 2013

I have tried to click on the jobs on this web site to apply to them and when I click on the "Apply Now" it does not take me to the site. Does anyone know the answer to why this happens? I did not get the impression it is something you have to pay to belong to. Thanks for your help. ...

Have You Noticed All The IC Transcription Jobs
Jun 18, 2015

wanting you to give them a set schedule during set hours and days? Also, how many hours you have to do during those set times? Is that what IC is nowadays? I see the benefit for them, but where's the benefit for me? Am I missing something? ...

One Transcription Service - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back From Them For The Weekend
Apr 17, 2014

n/m ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...

Bringing Back To The Top, Has Anyone Heard From Script Time Medical Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

NM ...