A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical transcription jobs - Etta

Posted: Aug 12, 2013

Does anyone know of any companies out there that are hiring IC MTs?  My one company is very slow and am looking for supplemental work.

Thanks so much. 

In response to your post - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
You might want to check the Job Seekers Board to the left. I applied to MedicalINK on Friday, and was hired today. Start in about a week. She mentioned that they do hire part-time, so something to consider.

MedicalINK - nn - SAM

[ In Reply To ..]
nn - Do you know yet if this is primarily acute care or clinic work? I stumbled across their website the other day and can't tell how large or small an organization they may be. Thanks!!!

SAM -- in reply - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe over 100 employees and a combination of acute care and clinic from what I understand.

MT jobs - Etta

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I did not see anywhere on the web site to apply, so I called the east coast number ??

Etta -- that wasnt a good idea - another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I just read the ad and instructions were given as to how to apply. There is also a "blue" link at the bottom of the page that will take you directly to the website. You need to scroll down and on the right, there is a sectionn where you can apply.

It was not probably a good idea to call.
You never know - it might work better than online - applications, which are usually ignored.
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I was an MTSO - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
and it wouldn't have worked with me. It's a boundary issue.

Similar Messages:

Get Medical Transcription Jobs Now .com
Dec 11, 2013

I have tried to click on the jobs on this web site to apply to them and when I click on the "Apply Now" it does not take me to the site. Does anyone know the answer to why this happens? I did not get the impression it is something you have to pay to belong to. Thanks for your help. ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Are There Any Jobs Out Their For New Medical Transcriptionists?
Sep 16, 2010

I've recently graduated with an Associate of Applied Science degree and I received my Certificate in Medical Transcription. I've taken several tests for companies over the Internet but they all say the same thing in response to me, "gain more experience, and then come back to us." How can I gain more experience when no one will hire a newbie? If anyone has any advice on this subject, please let me know. ...

Medical EFiling Jobs????
Oct 29, 2014

Hello,   Just wondering if anyone works from home doing medical eFiling? If so, what company do you work for and are there any open position? Thanks!! ...

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Information On Medical Abstractor Jobs?
Jan 02, 2013

I would be interested in hearing about the type of work involved in this field and any other information one might have regarding it.  The type of duties involved, pay, benefits... TIA ...

Jobs Based On Medical Insurance
May 12, 2015

If I'm naive about this, I'll apologize up-front but... Perhaps a better alternative to searching for an MT position with a company for the basic right (need) to have medical insurance would be to sign up for Affordable Care Act? Get an IC position with more flexibility, less stress from being over-supervised, and make premium payments out of that income? Seems sad and unnecessary to struggle just to find contentment in a job where medical insurance is the primary reason for putting ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

Oticed A Lot Of Medical Assistant Jobs Looking For EMR Experience
Oct 31, 2012

looks like there may be a place for us MTs to go once MT dies out completely ...

Question: Are Medical Records Clerk Jobs
Mar 17, 2014

I saw one advertised I was interested in, but wondered if the EMR is going to do away with that position, as well.  Thanks for any info! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Transcription Jobs
Apr 11, 2013

Looking for a really great company for transcription from home.  Not very happy with current employer.  Who is the best company to work for?  Any recommendations? ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Psychology Transcription Jobs
Sep 06, 2011

i urge u to inquire about doing transcription at social service agencies. they are overwhelmed with their paperwork. i work for a psychotherapist. he is extremely busy and tells me typing his own notes is one less thing he has to worry about. u can market yourself by telling them they can carry around a hand held dictator and dictate while they are in the car going to their next session. i pick up at the end of the week and finish by the end of the next week. it is a general transcription, few m ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Where Are All The Radiology Transcription Jobs?
Aug 26, 2013

It is just me or does it seems as if the transcription third party companies are focused more on acute care transcription than any other specialty. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for over 20 years. The company I worked for decided to eliminate 13 of us F/T transcriptionists since they converted to VR system and they kept a few aboard. Apparently the radiologists are being trained to edit their own reports. That being said, I'm searching high and low for a F/T position for a radiol ...

Have You Noticed All The IC Transcription Jobs
Jun 18, 2015

wanting you to give them a set schedule during set hours and days? Also, how many hours you have to do during those set times? Is that what IC is nowadays? I see the benefit for them, but where's the benefit for me? Am I missing something? ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Just Started DQS7 Only Getting Transcription Jobs, No Speech Rec
Jun 19, 2012

Did I download something wrong, or am I hitting the jackpot and getting all transcription jobs?  This is an account I usually work on and these are usually speech rec jobs... ...

The Future Of Transcription In India? Think We'll Get Our Jobs Back?
Jan 29, 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we got our jobs back?? Hey, I can dream.... ...

Transcription Doctors Terminates 16 People Out Of Their Jobs And Shorts Pay.
May 17, 2012

Transcription Doctors terminates 16 people out of their jobs and shorts pay. Today, 16 MT/QA staff were terminated without notice and only when staff began to voice concern with complaints did an email get sent out.  The email briefly mentioned that termination was due to either not working enough hours or poor quality, though this author knows of people who have been shorted on their paychecks when checks were received today and questioned why.  It's not confirmed whether ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...