A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Future-Net. Guess I must have flunked the transcription portion of the test - ESL was horrendous. Actually I sort of gave up and

Posted: Feb 25, 2010

Really not expecting to hear back.  Left several blanks in 2 of the reports.  I have 30 years experience and can transcribe ESL, but on one-try, give me a break.

I wouldn't worry about the blanks much. - Tired&CrankyMT

[ In Reply To ..]

They will just be looking at how well you handled the information you could understand on the test. Blanks don't bother them, wrong information does.

Just curious, by any chance do you remember the name of the doctor you had to test on?

Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

EMR And The Future Of Transcription
Jul 27, 2011

With the president's health care reform he is giving incentives to doctors to switch to EMR.  From what I understand, if doctors have not switched over to EMR by 2014 they will be taxed.  What is the future of our business with this policy?  Especially the big transcription companies like Transcend? ...

The Future Of Transcription
May 07, 2013

I had to take my two kids to the doctor the other day.  Thought I was lucky, because there were only 2 people in front of us, but it was TWO HOURS before we were called back.  Once I got back there, I saw why.  When the nurse came in to ask the pre-visit questions, she asked a MILLION questions and entered them all into her laptop, typing out what we said (typed VERY slow, by the way) and we were just on HER portion for over 45 minutes.  Then, the doctor came in and saw the kids and she spen ...

Future Of No More Medical Transcription
Mar 22, 2011

Are you thinking of going into medical transcription for a career? Don't do it! The field is growing smaller every day, and soon will be gone completely. In Alaska, all the major hospitals have gone to voice recognition, and work is scarcer all the time. Look into medical coding maybe, or working in a doctor's office as an assistant or receptionist. DON'T GO INTO MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION! Liza ...

Radiology Transcription Future
Sep 22, 2011

There has been an obvious decrease in medical transcriptionist positions being advertised where I live.  However, I tend to see openings for radiology transcriptionists at the local hospitals.  Due to the nature of this work and the quick TAT needed, I wonder if radiology transcriptionists will always be in need or if it too will die off.  ...

The Future Of Medical Transcription... Sm
Dec 15, 2011

Now, don't shoot me because this is presented by the AAMT.  Just watch it and consider what our role will be in the coming years in the healtcare profession.  ...

Future Of Transcription - An Observation
Jan 29, 2012

It is my opinion that transcription, whether it be standard or voice, will be replaced altogether in the very near future.  There may be some little independent offices or hospitals that continue, but not for long.  I say this for 2 reasons.  One is that the hospital I worked for locally started withe EHR about 5 years ago and the introduction of VR about 3 years ago with the push for the doctors to do their own "point & click" type of transcription.  The software made a ...

The Future Of Medical Transcription
Sep 05, 2012

What do you feel is the future of the medical transcription profession?  In my area, the hospitals and their doctors' groups are switching over to voice recognition systems and not using traditional medical transcription.  Will I be out of a job soon?      ...

The Future Of Transcription In India? Think We'll Get Our Jobs Back?
Jan 29, 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we got our jobs back?? Hey, I can dream.... ...

Flunked An Audit
Jun 19, 2013

99%! Horrors!!!!!! Came thisclose to telling her to go ahead and let the Indians knock themselves out on this garbage. ...

In Reponse To The Person Who Flunked Their
Nov 01, 2010

the word "the," can you imagine how hard it will be to find another job when you have failed audits?  People probably assume (and rightly so) that you put in erroneous information or left out vital information from dictation -- something that brought about harm to the patient.  There is no way you could possibly get them to believe that in reality you put out beautiful work every day all day, and it was a discrepancy over whether the dictation read "Lab tests were normal" versus "The l ...

Flunked 2 Audits This Week
Aug 01, 2014

Wonder how long until I get the PM notice. ...

Flunked IMedX - Could I Get Into TransTech
Sep 11, 2014

hi i either quit imedx or else got fired i needed a TAH BSO at the time and my health was poor. now that i am wanting to go back to work i see that these two cos have merged.  am i going to have trouble getting a transtech job due to a brief and unfortunate exp. at imedx? thanks for your help.  getting sick of living off my hub. -mae ...

POD Flunked All QA Measures For Last Week.
May 04, 2015

99.5 not good enough. QAM getting more and more terrified about our minor error index. Gee... The big laugh, though, is all the minor errors she listed are not minor errors. They are a step above minor errors. I haven't been doing MOT because my hands hurt too much because of the number of corrections I have to make and getting there with either the mouse or keyboard shortcuts. Can we says overuse injuries???? Worse than straight typing. I would love to see the QAM do my BO ...

Mass Within The Right Sub-*difurmatic* Portion Of The Liver? Thanks. Nm
Apr 17, 2011

nm ...

Paid My Portion Upon Leaving Dr.'s Office
Aug 07, 2012

I have never had to do this before.  I had a procedure done in a dermatologists's office, and they had checked with my insurance beforehand to determine the payment, etc.  They got all the information, my procedure was covered, and she informed me of my portion after the insurance pays their portion.  This is all usual and standard.  However, I had to pay my portion upon leaving the office, which I have never had to do before at any other doctor's office or the hosp ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

Why, Oh Why, Do They Get To The Laboratory/diagnostic Data Portion And Decide To Speed Talk...Grrr!!
May 12, 2011

nm ...

There Is A (s/l Lens) Shaped Area Of Low Signal In The Weightbearing Portion Of The Lateral Femoral
Sep 27, 2011

TIA :-) ...

GCTFL Transcription Test
Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone heard back from GCTFL after taking their transcription test? ...

Accentus Transcription Test
Jul 06, 2012

Wow.  Just finished the 1-hour testing for Accentus.  Crazy...no player, no pedal, no shorthand program. I had to keep going back up to the play/pause button to start and stop.  Hope they account for that. ...

Did Anyone Test For The Legal Transcription
Apr 09, 2015

after you submitted a resume or the test? ...

Fox Transcribe - Template For Transcription Test?
Oct 08, 2012

Where can the template be found for transcription test? ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Radiology Test For DTS (digital Transcription Services)?
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone ever taken the radiology test for DTS? Is it hard?   Any info on the company?   TIA ...

I Have Been An MT For 14 Years, But I Failed The Transcend Transcription Test!
Mar 13, 2011

I feel so bummed right now!  I can't believe I failed it.  Am I the only one?  Maybe it's time for a new career?! ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...