A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Having trouble staying motivated. - mom2huskies

Posted: Jan 17, 2011

Anybody else having trouble staying motivated? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have a job; but I am just tired of the cut in benefits. Wouldn't it be nice to get a raise for once? Maybe it is time to go back to school and do something else.

I agree - NA

[ In Reply To ..]
It is hard to stay motivated when you see your time being more valuable in other ways. But, its still a paycheck and I have to remind myself of the flexibility I have being at home. I try to think of it like this - every time gas prices go up, we get a raise.

Me too. It's hard to be all gung-ho to work, when - (sm) - MT Wordz

[ In Reply To ..]
you know that if you decide to not work for a few hours, and go watch TV instead, you're only missing out on about $15. Which doesn't buy much of anything, anyway.

Trouble staying motivated - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am with you on this. It is very difficult for me most days to be motivated. I do not feel appreciated in the job I do. We only hear when we make a mistake. It is human nature we all need positive feedback and help along the way. When we first started working as MTs we made a good living. I am supporting myself and saw my income last year drop by 65%. I cannot carry my health insurance anymore. I am sick now needing to go to the doctor, but I cannot afford to do so. I know exactly what you are saying. It is not easy to be optimistic, but we have to keep on trying because when we look up we are so much better off. Take care and remember you are appreciated even if you don't hear it!!! There are families and patients out there who appreciate your work, and some dictators who appreciate the documents that you do. :)

Similar Messages:

Staying Focused/Motivated At Home
Nov 28, 2010

Hi, I was wondering for those of you who work at home, what type of methods do you you use to stay focused at home, ie. environment, lighting, and so forth?  I like working at home but there are days when I'm easily distracted by the littlest thing and it slows down my line count or I need a break for my eyes to get away from looking at words on the computer screen. ...

How Do You Get Motivated?
Dec 19, 2011

Anybody got any tricks for helping yourself get motivated.  Just curious.  I'm pooped and feel like I have to left hands this morning.  ...

What Do You Do To Stay Motivated?
Sep 15, 2014

What do you do to stay motivated and keep your butt in the chair for 8 hours straight? I've been doing this for 14 years and am struggling with this still! KA ...

I Cannot Stay Motivated Anymore
Dec 29, 2013

How do you all stay motivated?  I've become so bored with my job that I cannot stay focused enough to even sit here for an hour to work.  I'm just one hour into my shift and here I am on this site reading and posting, going on Google, wanting to turn the TV on, wanting to go to sleep, bored, actually beyond bored and just generally hating this job.  I think a big part of it is that I am in school and have just one year left to finish my bachelor's degree that I' ...

STAYING FOCUSED DOING VR/SR
Oct 20, 2011

Have been an MT for 34 years..having trouble staying focused doing SR...any suggestions??? ...

Staying Awake
Oct 15, 2012

Sitting here with work but still falling asleep at the computer.  How does one stay awake through all this crappy ASR and ESL who stutter and just totally horrible dictations?  ...

Staying On Task?
Dec 12, 2013

Hello everyone. If anyone has any tips on how to stay on task it would be appreciated. I know this topic has been discussed before, but I wanted some different ideas. Thanks! ...

Staying Clocked In While OOW
Apr 09, 2015

Has anyone ever stayed clocked in while OOW, like for an entire day and subsequently for the entire week. Of course, they would have to pay minimum wage, but I'm just wondering for how long??? ...

Tips On Staying Focused Anyone?!
Oct 12, 2010

Normally, I'm very disciplined about work.  I have a very stable job, very good pay, great accounts.  I am just having trouble staying on task.  Mind you, I do not have to just push and push.  I just need to relax and complete a report, upload it, do the next one.  I can breaks when I want to.  There is NOTHING wrong with my situation except as soon as I start a report my mind goes to a zillion other things I would rather be doing.  I can hardly get thro ...

Your Tips For Staying Attentive.
Dec 30, 2010

I am an independent contractor and do the transcription for a busy family practice office.  I use Instant Text, macros and autocorrect, and I also use my timer to keep myself productive.  But sometimes I struggle with productivity and focusing. I'd love to hear people's tips here on how they stay focused when your mind is pulled other places, and, also, your best tips for increasing your speed!  I just know there is a wealth of information here.  Even shaving a few ...

Staying Awake On Third Shift
Aug 10, 2011

I was just wondering how many other people work third shift and have such trouble staying awake?  I have been doing third shift for a while and it's HARD!!! I have a new baby and my husband watches him in the day, but I cannot seem to get more than 4 hours of sleep during the day and then I try to take a nap in the evening before work, but I am STILL having problems staying awake and I know being tired sets one up for disaster for mistakes.  I am thinking of talking to my physicia ...

Help With Motivation/staying On Task
Aug 08, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with/power through horrendous audio quality reports? We  have had these reports on my primary account for 2 months now and my company refuses to do anything about them. I turn the volume all the way up and still can barely hear the dictator over all the static. I struggle to figure out what they are saying, but I find myself "checking out" and losing focus and motivation to get through these reports after a while. How does everyone else do it? ...

DQS Down - Staying Logged In To Schedule Source
Jan 13, 2010

so I can document my down time and get paid.     ...

Anyone Have Any Tips On Staying Alert/functional During 3rd Shift? Sm
Feb 27, 2014

I only have an hour window between my 2nd shift job and the 3rd shift job, and I try to sneak in a nap, but after a couple of hours I find myself yawning and losing focus. Coffee doesn't seem to help nor do any of the energy drinks. So far, 5 minutes of jumping jacks or something every hour has helped the most, but I still feel I am not at my best (and my production shows it). Any tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. TIA. ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

Pt Is Currently Staying At Oak Grove "L-tech"
Oct 17, 2011

? ...

"I'm Just Staying Positive"
Dec 28, 2011

This morning a local morning talk DJ had an interesting segment.  He was responding to a woman who had called in, complaining that he didn't have anything "positive" to say.  His response was, "Oh, I am POSITIVELY certain that we are all getting screwed!"  (Comments were in reference to Congress extending the debt ceiling.) This reminded me of the asinine phrase, "I'm just going to be POSITIVE!" that I hear over and over, usually from women, most of whom are MTs.&n ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble With
Feb 15, 2010

I can't even get it to open.  ...

DS Trouble
Feb 22, 2010

My laptop crashed today and is now in the shop.  I am trying to use our home desktop but can't get the files to completely download.  I called customer service, but since I am using our home computer, they won't help, only told me to make sure that any firewalls are turned off before installing DS.  Has anyone had this trouble before that can help?  I have uninstalled DS and reinstalled it several times, restarted the computer, turned off any firewalls I can find, t ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble With DQS?
Apr 19, 2010

All of the sudden, it is hung on the download screen.  The box popped up saying "downloading job #xxxxxxxx.  Getting job details." And then the log out button is below that. It has been like that for 10 minutes.  I logged out and logged back in.  The same job came back as a reserved job, and it is hung again, doing the same thing. I checked DEP now, but the light is green.  Just wondering if anyone else is having issues.  Guess I'll have to contact suppo ...

Is Anybody Having Trouble With Using
Jun 23, 2010

Explorer 8 on Medquist computer? They sent me a new computer because the fan went out in the old one and the new one had Explorer 8 on it. Now anything internet-based such as DocQmanage (client profiles, etc.) the text has letters that are different colors, making it very hard to read, and tech support cannot figure out how to fix it. It seems to be related to Explorer 8 because I did not have this problem with Explorer 6 and everything else such as DocQscribe, PDF files, and word files are all ...

Trouble With DQS?
Jul 26, 2010

Anyone else having trouble with DQS this morning? I had trouble logging on, would get stuck loading a job then take the job away, say no jobs available, etc. Then it worked for a while, now doing the same thing. Tried to call support, busy. Was just wondering if it was just me! ...

You Know You're In Trouble When ...
Sep 08, 2010

At the very beginning of the dictation with a doc who is already pretty speedy you hear him say to someone in the background "I'll be done in 30 seconds." Oy!!!! ...

Anyone Else Still Having Trouble With
Sep 29, 2010

I just called and got my password cleared, so now I can get into MedCentral, but when I go to my mail it says missing or unrecognized user name or password for the specified server.  What the ****.  Don't tell me I have to call support and sit on hold again!!  Please, does anybody know how to fix this?   ...

Trouble Getting PTO For NJA!
Oct 09, 2010

Is anyone having a problem getting paid when there are NJA?  I must be missing a step because my requests are being ignored!! ...

Anyone Having This Trouble?
Oct 10, 2010

For the last several days Google has been running very slow.  It is even taking a long time for my typing to show up in the search box.  It works fine on my home computer but not on my work machine.  Any ideas?  It was fine until a few days ago. Thanks for any help you can give me. ...

ANYONE HAVE TROUBLE WITH DIT?
Oct 30, 2010

HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE WORKING FOR DIT?  FOR INSTANCE NOT GETTING PAID? ...

Has Anyone Else Had Trouble With
Sep 13, 2011

technical difficulties at Meridian?  I love my new job, but I keep getting an error message that says A Win32 API function failed.  Would this have anything to do with my computer being a 64-bit rather than 32-bit? ...

In Trouble And Looking For Help, Please (SM)
Jan 05, 2012

I recently accepted a position with a company because this company had supposedly obtained a huge account. After completing the paperwork, sending it back, training on the account and working for about 3 days, I was told that the account was lost. Now I am sat here for 14 to 16 hours a day trying to squeeze out lines from another account that about 60 MTs were placed on when the other account was lost. In 14 to 16 hours I am only able to do between 300 to 500 lines and I am almost to the poin ...

Is Anyone Having Trouble Getting Into This?
May 03, 2012

Is anyone having trouble getting into this? I have NJA and can't get in to get a ticket assigned...What next? ...