A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you get motivated? - anon

Posted: Dec 19, 2011

Anybody got any tricks for helping yourself get motivated.  Just curious.  I'm pooped and feel like I have to left hands this morning. 

how I get motivated - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Hang the bills on the desk and look in my empty fridge.

Motivated - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that feeling. I just have a hard time concentrating sometimes. I think worrying about bills are part of lack of concentration.

Here's What I Do - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have in my head that as soon as I can, I'm getting out of the business. Economy isn't good right now, but when it picks up, I'm outta here and will do anything but this.

So, that's how I stay motivated. It's not going to be forever, I have made the DECISION to get out, the rest is making that decision work.
Seriously, I feel the same way - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's like "the 5 stages of grief" - at least for me - frankly, it's terrifying, and what I end up doing may not *please* everyone - i.e., they may want you to start writing creative copy for an advertising agency that markets pickup trucks or breakfast cereal, or some other high status-y thing...they want you to get that 40-hour business-suit job - or teach in academia - their idea of "making it" - I might just end up putting frosting on cupcakes at a local bakery 30 hours a week, frick it all!

That's just my situation. But I want OUT of my life "as it is currently constructed" (to quote Julie Cameron of The Artist's Way) (I love that book). The other day while I was working, I took a photo of my computer screen, my work area - not anything with patient info on it - but I just wanted to SEE my work life as it was - look at that - that is what I DO. Not pretty. Well, I have a bunch of my OWN pretty stuff around my computer screen - stuff I've made/painted/drawn - oh well, it's just my personal story. But there's something very wrong with "the picture" that is the photo that I took of my company-provided computer screen.

how I get motivated - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Got a really belly laugh out of this one :) If this doesn't get your blood racing, nothing will!

how to get motivated - KIm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have that problem almost every day although I still love my work and my job, life is just too hectic around the Holidays to want to work. I usually will put on some good music that has a good beat to it and concentrate on the music and the doc/nurse in my ears. It also helps make the time seem to fly by when I have good music going.

Hope this helps :-)

Besides bills to be met, I also have 2 other small businesses - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I always try to get above and beyond my MTSOs minimum line count every week to ensure I have more than enough to cover my basic bills (rent, internet/cable/phone bundle, and utiliies). Then whatever "mad money" I have left, I am able to invest into my other two small businesses I have on the side (which are my passions).

At the end of the pay period, it's nice to know precisely what I needed and precisely what I earned. I love being able to work hard at my vocation, but then make enough to play just as hard at my avocations :-)

motivation - transgal

[ In Reply To ..]
What are your two other businesses? I'm in the same boat. I do bridal accessories and have an Etsy shop, but I have little or no time for it. Unfortunately, I may have more time than I want soon as my main client (99%) of my work, was sold to a huge university group and I'm losing it as of January 1st. I not only need motivation, I need a reason to go with the new company (MQ). Please give me one!!

I'm usually "too" motivated, but occasionally I get off to a slow start - Workaholic

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the time I get up ready to go to work. I often work through lunch and have to make myself stop working about 5:30-6:00 p.m.

On some days though, I get off to a slow start. I've found that it helps if I bend over and touch my toes a few times. Really! I'm not kidding. That and taking a few deep breaths to get everything flowing.

A Really Unusual Technique That Works For Me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You're going to think this is strange, but it really works for me. I've always enjoyed watching The Biggest Loser, even though I usually need to lose only 20-30 lbs. After watching the way those trainers 'motivate' the contestants, I can almost hear their voices in my head, motivating me to do whatever it is that I need to do. Sometimes it takes that to inspire me to attacking projects like cleaning up my desk so I can work better. I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who loves that show!

Similar Messages:

What Do You Do To Stay Motivated?
Sep 15, 2014

What do you do to stay motivated and keep your butt in the chair for 8 hours straight? I've been doing this for 14 years and am struggling with this still! KA ...

Having Trouble Staying Motivated.
Jan 17, 2011

Anybody else having trouble staying motivated? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have a job; but I am just tired of the cut in benefits. Wouldn't it be nice to get a raise for once? Maybe it is time to go back to school and do something else.   ...

I Cannot Stay Motivated Anymore
Dec 29, 2013

How do you all stay motivated?  I've become so bored with my job that I cannot stay focused enough to even sit here for an hour to work.  I'm just one hour into my shift and here I am on this site reading and posting, going on Google, wanting to turn the TV on, wanting to go to sleep, bored, actually beyond bored and just generally hating this job.  I think a big part of it is that I am in school and have just one year left to finish my bachelor's degree that I' ...

Staying Focused/Motivated At Home
Nov 28, 2010

Hi, I was wondering for those of you who work at home, what type of methods do you you use to stay focused at home, ie. environment, lighting, and so forth?  I like working at home but there are days when I'm easily distracted by the littlest thing and it slows down my line count or I need a break for my eyes to get away from looking at words on the computer screen. ...