A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Viva Transcription-I filled out info for MT Recruiters and got a call from Viva wanting to buy MT co - Sharon

Posted: Jan 06, 2010

nm

Huh? - HowSoBillyJoe

[ In Reply To ..]
Buy your company? I'm not getting the gist of this post.

That is it. I do not own a company, I am looking for a job. They had to get info from MT Recruiters - Sharon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Can you expand on this please? - mthanded

[ In Reply To ..]
I am new to MTstars and the name of this company caught my eye because I am looking for work. I take this post to mean they are not a true recruiting company??? I went to their site and from reading it with the grammar and spelling usage they appeared to be overseas. Any comments would be helpful in my job search on who to stay away from.

VIVA - Marisa

[ In Reply To ..]
This company just bought out the small MT company I've been working for and has left me without a job. They want nothing to do with us current MTs.

If they don't want the current MTs (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Who is doing the work? Are they sending it overseas?

Viva - Marisa

[ In Reply To ..]
Possibly. Or they already have people hired they are using.

Similar Messages:

Viva Transcription Job
Mar 13, 2012

I was just offered a job with viva transcription. Has anyone worked for them before? I'm just getting back into things after taking some time off for health reasons and really don't want to wind up in a bad situation.   Thanks ...

Viva Transcription - Anyone Know About Working For Them?
Mar 31, 2011

Anyone know about working for them? company I work for was just aquired by them and wondering what to expect. ...

Information About Viva Transcription
Jul 02, 2011

Can anyone offer information about Viva Transcription....such as pay rates, what Viva is like as an employer, or any information that would be helpful to a transcriptionist who would be working for them.  Thank you! ...

Selling To Viva Transcription
Apr 23, 2012

I see people have posted about selling to Viva Transcription and I tried to post there but I couldn't see exactly how. Maybe this will work. I sold to them a year ago and had some serious reservations at first. They didn't really do anything wrong or against the contract but I had a tough time sleeping regardless. I spoke with some of the mt's after the deal closed who said the new manager was a complete robot and never listened to their personal concerns. This is significant s ...

Selling My Business To Viva Transcription
Jun 18, 2010

I was approached by VIVA transcriptionabout selling my business by handing over my list of clients. Has anyone worked with them before? ...

Viva Transcription Relocating My Accounts
Oct 23, 2012

I have been typing for viva for a year now and just received word from them that they were relocating my accounts to a back end voice rec system due to industry pressures for faster turnaround time and lower pricing for clients.  Apparently my accounts, which aren't particularly difficult (no accents etc) were chosen for transfer while many others were not. I'm pretty upset as I was doing my best with TAT (always made at least 48hr).  I will say that they were nice about giv ...

Viva Transcription- Anyone Ever Hear Or Work For This Company? Nm Tia
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Uniworx To Merge With Viva
Feb 18, 2012

Anyone on here currently working for Uniworx? I'm curious as to your thoughts of the merger with Viva. I'm having a hard time with getting on the new email account they set up for me (sometimes I can get in, other times it tells me that my username doesn't exist).  I thought maybe if anyone that peruses this site works for Uniworx maybe we could all share our thoughts together of the merger, yet still be anonymous and feel safe about it. MTs working at home don't have th ...

Contact Info For On-Call Medical Transcription In NC?
Mar 13, 2010

Does anyone have an email or website address for this company?  They have a job posted on another job board, but no email listed.  Nothing in the archives that I could find.  I tried calling but got an answering machine.  Will call again later if no one has an email address.  Thanks! ...

MT Recruiters- Any One Have Any Info On Them? Nm
Jan 02, 2010

nm ...

Wanting Info On FTP
Jan 24, 2010

I have seen some companies hiring that use an FTP program.  Can anyone give me some more info on them?  I know it is a file transfer program, but exactly how does it work and is it easy to learn?  Can you get free programs to load?  What is the best one?  Thanks! ...

Wanting To Transition To At-home Transcription
Mar 12, 2012

Hi, I currently work full-time at a University Hospital in Iowa in the Department of OB/GYN and have been transcribing in this department for 8 years.  I transcribe for the residents and since their notes are so detailed I have experience in typing about other medical conditions besides just gynecology/ob related.  I have an hour commute one way and I am seriously thinking of quitting this job and trying at-home transcription so I can be closer to my daughter during the day.  She ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

TAA Info For MQ'ers, Call NJ TAA Coordinator
Oct 04, 2010

I lefit MQ a few weeks ago and filed for unemployment sending a large amount of background documents/emails/paystubs, etc., to document that the job had changed, people were being laid off, work gone to India, etc. I've been trying to work with the local TAA person, but he is more confused than I am, but he did give me info with the phone number of my state's TAA rep, who called me right back and said since MQ is a NJ company I had to contact THEIR TAA coordinator, in the NJ Dept ...

Any Info On The Conference Call?
Dec 16, 2014

Missed the call. Any info? Good or bad? ...

On-Call Transcription - Strange
Aug 20, 2010

Did anybody else see the job ad from On-Call Transcription?  They want applicants to put the words "purple" and "couch" at the top of their responding emails - what's up with that??  If they are just trying to get people to read and follow instructions, that's a pretty unprofessional and demeaning way to accomplish it in my opinion.  ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

QA Or QC Or Whatever Filled In The Following
Jan 30, 2015

I had:  _______ ischemic changes.  I couldn't make out the word directly before (seriously slurring ESL). The blank was filled in with "anicteric."  ????  Is there such a thing as anicteric ischemic changes?  I can't find reference this this anywhere.  I want to make sure before I try to reverse this.  ...

I Just Filled Out The Survey.
Dec 17, 2012

just goes directly into the trash, or if anyone actually reads it?   ...

Bile Filled Vertebra?
Sep 20, 2011

working on an x-ray of the spine and it sounds exacty like he is saying bile filled vertebra.  Doesn't make sense to me and I cannot find it.  ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

MM: Where's My Chocolate-filled Mug And T-shirt?
Sep 05, 2013

I was reading the newsletter....employees in Philippines with MM t-shirts and mugs filled with chocolate.  What do we get? A big fat nothing, sitting here waiting for work to come in. I can't believe I actually went to school for this (many years ago).  Actually, keep your mugs and t-shirts -- I would prefer a raise...and some WORK!!  ...

Why Is Erroneous Information Filled In By QC?
Feb 27, 2015

If a doctor says something that a third grader would know is nonsense and the MLS leaves a blank, why does the QC person fill it in? We're supposed to use critical thinking skills, but yet they fill in something stupid when it's blatantly wrong. Then, we get an email with all kinds of information regarding normal laboratory values and we are supposed to use critical thinking skills for all that and determine when it is normal or abnormal. Oh, I'm still waiting for my MD degree t ...

What Happens To Reports With All The Blanks In Them? Are They Filled In By Hand? .
Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection? ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Has Anyone Ever Filled Out A Form 4562 For Taxes
Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info. I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blo ...

MT Recruiters
Oct 10, 2012

Does anyone know anything about MT Recruiters? I know they charge. Are they any good? Thanks! ...

Recruiters
Nov 25, 2013

I've been thinking about how the recruiter who called me made Spheris sound wonderful, then Medquist took over, then M-Modal took over.  Then when I actually started, for a while it was OK, then I felt like I was duped about the working conditions. It seemed like something I have been through before, and now I remember.  I have never actually been in the military, but from what I was told by a couple people, the Army recruiters make it sound really good, and when you are in, it is terr ...