A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why is erroneous information filled in by QC? - sm

Posted: Feb 27, 2015

If a doctor says something that a third grader would know is nonsense and the MLS leaves a blank, why does the QC person fill it in? We're supposed to use critical thinking skills, but yet they fill in something stupid when it's blatantly wrong.

Then, we get an email with all kinds of information regarding normal laboratory values and we are supposed to use critical thinking skills for all that and determine when it is normal or abnormal.

Oh, I'm still waiting for my MD degree to come in the mail. Come on, higher ups at Nuance, get real. Please. If you want us to know this information, pay us for knowing it.

You are probably on an account that uses India - QC. I see the same thing on mine

[ In Reply To ..]
and cringe when I see some of the things they change, add, take out. I guess Nuance is in the business of paying for cheap junk these days.

Mine is done by American-sounding names. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably the same ones who are taking work away from me while I get OOW all week long and have done so every single week since the beginning of 2015 as well as going back as far as September 2014. This kind of nonsense is costing the company money, too. Who comes up with this crap? Doesn't it make more sense to pay less people good money and benefits than continue to have a revolving door and keep paying for all the extraneous expenses associated with that? Bunch of morons running this company right directly into the ground!

American sounding names - Disguise

[ In Reply To ..]
Like nail techs, they take on American names and this retched company probably wants that so you don't think it is India. This place is the pits and lower!
Yep, just like when you call the cable company - or credit card customer service
[ In Reply To ..]
And they say (in a THICK indian accent)...Hello, my name is Susan, how may I be of helping to you?" LOL

I always hate when I get an indian-speaking person...not because I don't like them, I'm sure the person is perfectly nice, BUT I can NEVER understand even ONE-THIRD of what they are saying and nothing gets done.

Similar Messages:

Erroneous Info In Reports - Does The Public Care?
Jun 24, 2013

I assume health care is investing in programs that they think will enable them to eliminate having to use editors.  However, we all know that doctors do not have the time nor the patience to edit their reports and their non-MT staff are not qualified to do so. I spent a day documenting errors that would be left in reports if they were not edited.  75% of them contained erroneous diagnoses, conditions the patients did not even have a history of, which included STDs and head lice - thin ...

QA Or QC Or Whatever Filled In The Following
Jan 30, 2015

I had:  _______ ischemic changes.  I couldn't make out the word directly before (seriously slurring ESL). The blank was filled in with "anicteric."  ????  Is there such a thing as anicteric ischemic changes?  I can't find reference this this anywhere.  I want to make sure before I try to reverse this.  ...

I Just Filled Out The Survey.
Dec 17, 2012

just goes directly into the trash, or if anyone actually reads it?   ...

Bile Filled Vertebra?
Sep 20, 2011

working on an x-ray of the spine and it sounds exacty like he is saying bile filled vertebra.  Doesn't make sense to me and I cannot find it.  ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

MM: Where's My Chocolate-filled Mug And T-shirt?
Sep 05, 2013

I was reading the newsletter....employees in Philippines with MM t-shirts and mugs filled with chocolate.  What do we get? A big fat nothing, sitting here waiting for work to come in. I can't believe I actually went to school for this (many years ago).  Actually, keep your mugs and t-shirts -- I would prefer a raise...and some WORK!!  ...

What Happens To Reports With All The Blanks In Them? Are They Filled In By Hand? .
Apr 02, 2010

Do they actually go into the chart like that?  I'm sure nobody retypes the reports with the corrections in them, so how does that pass the Joint Commission's inspection? ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Has Anyone Ever Filled Out A Form 4562 For Taxes
Apr 01, 2012

I bought a computer that I used for work (100% work, nothing else).  I know I file 4562, section 179, but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out where I am supposed to put the information.  It's just the computer and nothing else.  I read that I do not have to depreciate this, it falls under eligible property.  Just confused where to put the info. I'm filling out the forms by hand.  I absolutely hate hate hate Turbo tax and two years ago H&R blo ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

Foley Catheter Balloon Was Filled With A 50:50 Mix Of S/l "contrite" And Saline. Prep For
Jun 30, 2010

:) ...

Viva Transcription-I Filled Out Info For MT Recruiters And Got A Call From Viva Wanting To Buy MT Co
Jan 06, 2010

nm ...

Uterus Filled With S/l "softan" Material....
Jun 12, 2013

The bladder was attached to an enlarged uterine mass, and the opening of the uterus revealed it to be filled with cloudy s/l softan material.   TIA! ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

FTP-any Information
Nov 27, 2009

If I eventually plan on working from home, should I invest in some kind of FTP (file transfer program)? If so, what kind should I get? There are so many out there, just curious if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thanks!! ...

Any New Information About TTS?
Mar 21, 2010

Hi, I am speaking with TTS about a job.  The thing that I am concerned about is they said in their introduction that, "Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain actively working.  If you are researching etc, give it 3 minutes." I am assuming this means that you if you get ...

MME Information Please!
Oct 16, 2010

I sent a report in, and when I got it back, they had taken out the #s that I did using the numbering feature in 6.1 and replaced them with numbers. Is there a reason for this? ...

Anyone Information On TTS
May 07, 2011

Anyone information on TTS I would love to hear anything, good or bad.  I was recently offered 9 cpl and 4.5 VR/SR.. Including spacing and headers/footers....thought this was pretty darn good these days. I am waiting to set up start date and new hire paperwork.. This is TTS New Hampshire. Transcription, Technology, Solutions.  please reply. ...

Anyone Have Information On TTS?
May 08, 2015

Anyone have information on TTS? They have several positions available, wondering if it would be something worth looking into... ...

Transportal - Anyone Have Information
Oct 14, 2009

Does anyone have information regarding this company, i.e., platform, flexibility in working time (no schedule?), anything you care to add, good or bad would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Fastchart - Looking For Information
Oct 22, 2009

Anyone work for Fastchart???  Looking for information before I dive in. ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Information On Spectramedi?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Spectramedi? What they pay and what kind of company they are to work for? Thanks. ...

Keystrokes Any Information?
Jan 11, 2010

I'm trying to find out some information about Keystrokes and Transcend, mostly Keystrokes.  Do they have a tiering system for their MTs?  If not, how do they classify you?  Do different accounts pay differently?  Also, how are the advancement opportunities there?  Thank you, thank you, and thank you again....(:D) ...

Anyone Have Information On STAR Med? (SM)
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone else apply for this position and not hear back from them?  TIA!! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

Transolutions - Any Information
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Transolutions?  Thanks for any info you can provide. ...