A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TAA info for MQ'ers, call NJ TAA coordinator - pattypan

Posted: Oct 04, 2010

I lefit MQ a few weeks ago and filed for unemployment sending a large amount of background documents/emails/paystubs, etc., to document that the job had changed, people were being laid off, work gone to India, etc. I've been trying to work with the local TAA person, but he is more confused than I am, but he did give me info with the phone number of my state's TAA rep, who called me right back and said since MQ is a NJ company I had to contact THEIR TAA coordinator, in the NJ Dept of Labor and Workforce Development in Trenton (609-777-2594). I left a message and we'll see where it goes now. I have a different part time job now and boy that unemployment $$ is a lifesaver.

Be prepared for a runaround.....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, congrats for getting away from the Q! I bet it feels like a weight off your shoulders.

I and some other people here have tried to get TAA. Seems like we all get told the same thing, you can't get it if you have quit your job, you can't get it if your income was cut so much that you are still working and are on unemployment (like me). They only way to get TAA benefits, we have been told, is if Medquist gives you a letter stating you are going to be laid off or have been laid off, or if they have your name on some kind of internal list which they would present to the TAA people, stating we are about to be laid off, which, of course does not exist because God forbid we should get any benefits from this shoddy company.

Otherwise, we have been told we're out of luck by the TAA people.

I did manage to get hold of my CCM one day and asked her about getting TAA and she said it was "only for the managers that got laid off last year and doesn't apply for the transcriptionists." Now ain't that a kick in the head?!

To mb: - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
You say you are getting unemployment while you are still working at MQ? Do you know how much your pay has to have dropped? Mine, like a lot of us, has dropped by almost half and I'm in big trouble here. I'm sure it's bad across the board at all MT companies and I'm not in a position to do anything other than work at home, or I surely would. UI would probably help but I didn't know you could get it while still working? Any advice on how to do this would be GREATLY appreciated.

To: Kiki1...sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I got real upset back in January when after the holidays there was no work, so I applied for UI in my state (Michigan). Yes, my pay has gone down quite a bit. I've lost my home to foreclosure, my car and I've had to file for bankruptcy this year. I've applied for lots of jobs but any job openings here fill quickly and not with someone who is over 50, which I am.

I've talked to the TAA people at the unemployment office several times. There is nothing they can do for me unless Medquist lays me off, which of course isn't happening.

Sorry I don't have many answers right now, all I can tell you is what worked for me. I'm living in an apartment right now and every day have to drive by my home that sits empty because I could no longer afford to live there. It really stinks.
To mb: - Kiki1
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for responding. First, I'm so sorry that you lost your home. I never had one to lose in the first place (live in CA and can't afford to buy even the tiniest condo), so I guess I'm "lucky" in that regard. I pay over 1000 per month for a crackerbox apartment, but it's home to me. Wouldn't know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here, but I might have to find out. I, too, will most likely will have to file for bankruptcy soon.

However, you say you applied for unemployment but didn't say if you got it. Just wondering if it's worth the trouble to go the the unemployment office if I'm still working, even though my income has dropped. How do you prove your income has dropped through no fault of your own, though?
To: Kiki1...I sent you an email....nm - mb
[ In Reply To ..]
No msg
Hey, Kiki1 - You can always come here
[ In Reply To ..]
I live way out in the country in S. California but have some land where you could park an RV or something so at least you wouldn't end up out on the street.
Same boat - Just Sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I am also in the same boat. Filed bankruptcy last year, am now losing my home, etc. etc. I'm still working here at MQ but have NJA quite often. If you have any info on how to apply for unemployment benefits while still working, I would appreciate if you could E-mail me. The treatment we have received should be illegal!

Got my answer - pattypan

[ In Reply To ..]
The NJ TAA coordinator called me back right away and was very helpful, but he said whatever state you're paid in is the state that is responsible for TAA application process. Mine is Minnesota. I was approved for "partial" unemployment benefits while I was still working for MQ. I went into their office to apply, took documentation such as pay statement showing my drop in pay, emails from supervisors showing no/low work, the TAA decision determination documenting work going to India, MQ financial statement documenting planned layoffs of 80% of US employees in 2010. You can get those off Google. It is worth going through the process, even at my lowered pay rate at MQ, I get about $150 a week in UI while working part time elsewhere now.

planned layoffs of 80% of US employees in 2010??? where is this documented? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

In MQ 1st quarter financial SEC report-exit and disposal plan-nm - pattypan

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
can you provide the link or quote re 80% layoff; can find only ref to 80% work obligation to CBAY - which is not the same thing -- n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Just Got A Call Back From TAA Regional Coordinator
Jan 19, 2010

Rosemary called me back just now.  She contacted the Federal Office.  The Fed Office is going to contact ALL STATE COORDINATORS to clarify them on this TAA program for MQ employees. If you can prove with pay stubs that YOUR PAY HAS DECREASED with MQ during all the changes going on with CBay buying MQ and sending increasing amounts of OUR work to India -- YOU ARE ELIGIBLE EVEN IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING.  I told her I lost about 800 dollars a pay since they eliminated my departmen ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On The Conference Call?
Dec 16, 2014

Missed the call. Any info? Good or bad? ...

Contact Info For On-Call Medical Transcription In NC?
Mar 13, 2010

Does anyone have an email or website address for this company?  They have a job posted on another job board, but no email listed.  Nothing in the archives that I could find.  I tried calling but got an answering machine.  Will call again later if no one has an email address.  Thanks! ...

CCM Vs Quality Team Coordinator
Sep 06, 2012

This invariably happens to me.  Whenever I have a question about format I send the same question to both my CCM and QTC and get back 2 different answers.  Can't win if you do, can't win if you don't. ...

Another Production Coordinator Bites The Dust At Keystrokes!
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Regional Team Lead = Work Flow Coordinator??
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody else get this impression?  Or am I misunderstanding what this position is all about?  All I know is, I have a weird sense of deja vu about it, like I've heard about this job before but with a different title. ...

Viva Transcription-I Filled Out Info For MT Recruiters And Got A Call From Viva Wanting To Buy MT Co
Jan 06, 2010

nm ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

On Call M-F 8-5 P.m. Are You Serious?
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

ON CALL WITHOUT PAY?
Mar 25, 2011

An account manager sent out an email suggesting that we monitor our emails on our weekend days off, and then log on to help if requested. Am I the only one who expects to not check emails or work during my one weekend day off? Even though I have a required schedule, should I expect to work 7 days a week in this industry, including on my days off? Am I asking too much to be allowed to not turn on my computer on my day off, or to be allowed to go out without worry about rushing home to check em ...

MD-IT Or Whatever They Call Themselves Now
Oct 30, 2012

just heard from someone who worked there. ...

On-call Pay?
May 24, 2013

Does anyone have experience with being on call, whether you have to be paid for on-call time?  My husband works a job in maintenance and they just recently cut their hours back to 32 hours per week, having them off on Fridays.  They told them that if an "emergency" occured on their off day that they would be called in.  Well, today, husband went out of town to visit his mom and his boss called and told him to go to a work order that needed to be done and he told her he was out of ...

Call With MM, Did It
Jul 11, 2014

Just curious as to how the call went. ...

Just Got A Call From Somebody At
Feb 26, 2015

asking me why I haven't been working, this is nearly a month after the work vanished.  I told her in my most p---sed off voice that there has been no work, no answers to emails, no calls, and no explaination as to anything, and they finally figured out how to call me after a month??!!   She said something like "oh, work  has been slow" and I said not slow, NO WORK (yelling at this point) and Imedx should be ashamed of themselves and I hope one day she finds herself in the sam ...

Ace Call
Mar 14, 2015

She had an ACE call this morning for severe hypoglycemic reaction. Is it Ace, ace, or ACE? I can't find any documentation of this but it is spoken clearly. ...

Anybody Else In On This Call?
May 29, 2015

.... ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Beware On Call....
Feb 20, 2010

***** hires subcontractors and pays out of her personal checking account.  Says she pays every week, but does in the beginning then things happen......wrong postage used on check, somebody else got your check, wrong address, etc.  Several weeks late and then cannot leave voice message, does not answer IM or email.  On Call does not care because we work for BS and not for him.  Do not work for these people.  This happened to at least 2 MTs in the past 4 months. ...

Craniotomy: S/l By-call Gel
Mar 10, 2010

"We then opened the dura and reflected it inferiorly.  The dura was protected with s/l Bichol/bycall/bical gel to prevent dessication."  STUCK!!!  cannot find anything near this --- anybody??? ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Yet Another Global Call Of BS
Jul 28, 2010

Let me boil it down for you. India = GREAT US = SUCKS more later when my head cools down. ...