A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you had to pick - Nuance or M*Modal? - mtlookingforjob

Posted: Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies.

Id rather live in a box - then sell my soul for either of them

[ In Reply To ..]

I'm close to living in a box if I don't find a job. s/m - mtlookingforjob

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate VR. This is the first time I have done it. We work just as hard/long as straight typing for half the pay? OMG. I'd like a medium-size company who treats their employees like THEY'D like to be treated and have only straight typing. I quit my job 2 weeks ago because mentally I just could not do it anymore. Working 40+ hours per week for basically minimum wage -I'd rather make minimum wage doing something I like.

I don't think I can get UE either though I filed a reemployment claim. Lost my job last year, collected UE for 2 months and then found my current job, of which like above I quit. I have 4.5 months left on UE so will find out if I can collect or not.

Nuance. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at both. Neither is great. Nuance is probably the least bad.

I have a ton of work. Worked there a year and EVERY weekend for the last 6 months we have been offerred over time.

The pay is low but aren't they all now. The EditScrip platform is supremely easy. My last 2 team leads have been great.

The worst part of Nuance is the QA. Once you figure out that only your post audits matter and you challenge every thing, you can manage to get over 99%.

I won't give a glowing "I love my job" review but they are okay and better than my memories of MedQuist.

Could you explain what this means? - Thanks. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Once you figure out that only your post audits matter and you challenge every thing, you can manage to get over 99%.

Two kinds of audits - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Post audits are the ones that are randomly drawn and then there are "audits" of jobs that you send to QA for whatever reason. Nuance bunches the scores together, which I did not realize. You have to actually go in and specifically select "post audit" reports only on their FIESA system to find out what your bonus QA score actually is.

By knowing to seperate them out, you can focus ONLY on the audits that "matter" and let me assure you there WILL BE mistakes you can challenge.

The QA system is so confusing most of us don't even bother challenging things or we end up challenging things on the audits that don't "count." But, once you realize which reports matter you can focus in on those reports only and challenge the crap out of them.

I hope this makes sense. I personally find Nuance's QA system ridiculously convuluted and it is probably deliberate so that we are so confused and frustrated we don't even try to challenge things (which is what I was doing).

On second thought. NOT Nuance. QA staff are nuts. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The QA is just ridiculous, irrational and not worth the ulcer.

The answer to your question is NEITHER.

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Nuance Vs. MQ/M*Modal
Apr 15, 2012

Anyone worked for MQ before Nuance who can say which is worse/better?  Sick and tired of M*Modal.  I'm sure there are comments somewhere on the board about this before, but I can't find them.  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance
Aug 26, 2012

Which company is better to work for, M*Modal or Nuance?  I'd like some honest, positive feedback on each company before I decide which one to sign with.  Thank you!! ...

M-Modal/Nuance QA
Oct 21, 2012

Nuance Fiesa QA program is a PITA.  How is M-Modal's QA system in comparison? ...

Nuance Vs M*Modal
Dec 11, 2012

I currently work for Assistmed, but have a phone interview with Nuance and M*Modal later this week.  I have read all the reviews about both companies and still not sure which is better.  Anyone have any experience with either of the two or any input on which company is better?  ...

Nuance/M-modal
Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if M-modal is trying desperately to keep their heads above water so as not to be bought out by Nuance.  I just can't fathom all these layoffs.  I'm really truly sorry.  How heavy your hearts must be right now.   It's just incomprehensible that they would do this to all of you.   ...

Nuance Vs. M-Modal
Jan 02, 2014

I just accepted an offer from Nuance.  I know, I know.  I used to work for M-Modal when it was Medquist three years ago.  I loved the DocQScribe platform.  Has anyone gone from working for M-Modal to Nuance?  Was there any change in the way lines were counted?  How do you compare working on Nuance's platform versus that of M-Modal? ...

M-Modal Or Nuance
Jan 13, 2014

Good Intentions.  Which is the better company MM or Nuance? ...

Nuance Or M*Modal?
Mar 26, 2014

I've learned a lot from the M*Modal side, but now if you don't mind I would like to ask questions about Nuance. 1. Do they hire part-time, and if yes what might a schedule consist of? 2. What are the line requirements? 3. Weekend work required? 4. What shifts are offered, do they have 1st/2nd/3rd? And, just about anything that is on your mind. TIA! ...

Same Thing At Nuance As M*Modal?
Apr 04, 2013

I'm in shock about all the layoffs at M*Modal this morning!  I'm sure everyone else is too.  I'm scared/worried the same thing might happen to Nuance now.  I see job postings all the time for both companies.  It's crazy how they hire all these people and then layoff a bunch of people.  I'm curious to know how many people in total got laid off.  Does anyone else see this coming at Nuance?  ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

This Blog Might Interest Those That Work For Nuance Or M*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Is There A Market Reshuffling On The Horizon For The Medical Transcription Industry? Today I’m going to indulge in something I rarely do, much to the exasperation of my wife Carol. A goodly number of our conversations begin with her asking me, “What do you suppose…” and end with me saying, “I don’t have a clue.” I’m not sure if this reluctance to speculate is a guy thing or just a facet of my own particular personality, but for once I’m g ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

As If They Are Really Going To Pick
Apr 17, 2013

question ...

Need To Pick A Brain Please
Sep 28, 2011

I  do not usually do ORs and am baffled.  I am covering for another MT.   I am not sure how to type this "running loop O PDS suture". As usual, thanks for all you gracious help! ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Looks Like QA Really Can Pick And Choose!
Jan 04, 2015

After browsing around in FIESA, I found what looks to be an instruction manual for the people who audit us and after looking at it, it sure does look like they can pick and choose which reports to audit, rather than randomly. I have also had the worst dictators audited more than the good ones. Of course it's easier to find a mistake that way and easier to keep our pay down! Remember 7 cpl is really equal to only 3.5 cpl if most of your jobs are VR. ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

I Cherry Pick And I Don't Feel Bad!
Feb 15, 2010

Here's the deal, I'm not saying I cherry pick every minute of my shift, but if I have done one after the other report of difficult dictators, then I will go in and assign myself 2 or 3 jobs to give myself a break.  I work directly for a hospital and I know that I am absolutely not the only one who does this.  I also cherry pick if the end of my shift is coming up and I find that my lines need a little boost.  I will assign myself some easy dictators to boost up my lines ...

May I Pick Ortho Brains Please?
Aug 19, 2010

Patient fractured ankle, sound like "masonew" fracture.  Cannot find anything remotely simimlar.   Please help! Thanks! ...

Why Not Just Enter Everyone And Pick Some Names Already
Sep 14, 2010

Why on earth have a deadline but then extend it until everyone downloads?  Its already been 8 days past original deadline... how much time is needed? ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

How To Pick An Online Coding Course
May 08, 2011

After 28 years of medical billing I am ready for a change.  I've been researching online coding courses but there are so many!  I would be interested in any feedback you have on which courses you took and the pros and cons of each.  Thank you for your input. ...