A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For those of you who have an incentive plan, where do the tiers start? sm - Curious MT

Posted: Jun 28, 2013

The company I am with requires 175 lph minimum, then if you do 275 lph you get 1/4 cent extra and then at 325 you get another 1/4. This is all straight typing. Maybe I'm just in one of my dissatisfied moods, but it doesn't seem like much extra -- at their top tier you'd only make 1/2 cent more per line. Maybe I have it great and just don't realize it.

Whether you "have it great" depends entirely on - what the BASE rate is

[ In Reply To ..]
...which you didn't mention.

Sorry, didn't realize it was pertinent. The base is low, 7 cpl. nm - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]

No the tiers/tears have already started...years of tears now - no compensation

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone profits...not the worker...not the MT. Have to think of it as Pennies From Heaven. Surely cannot survive on the job any longer.

No argument here. I have to work twice as hard to get half as much. nm - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
pitiful

If you are able to achieve 325, that would be $65 extra per week, $260 per - month. Not bad, but the question is

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you reach that lph. I'm not trying to imply or make assumptions, but it's definitely an incentive and incentives in this day and age in this industry don't exist much anymore.

IMO, any extra anything is good. I don't minimize anything extra just because it may not seem like much. I try very hard to take advantage of any incentive offered that I'm physically able to achieve if it doesn't compromise accuracy.

Pennies add up!!

I was just thinking that most incentives started at 250 lph. After all, - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
that's 2000 lines in an 8-hour day, which is not bad. It is more difficult to achieve than I realized. So far, 225 is the best I can manage. Maybe I'm just getting older, or maybe it is the challenge of sitting in a chair for an 8-hour stint. I used to be an IC and could type for a couple of hours and then go do something else and let my brain and body recharge. And I admit I'm not pleased at 7 cpl, but it still beats the wages I have made when I attempted SR.

Oh, okay. Yeah, definitely agree the incentive - me again

[ In Reply To ..]
is pretty high. Sorry I misunderstood. An incentive I guess is worthless if can't be reached.

RE: Incentives - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wanted to mention that I am on this same incentive and, while it's not much extra, it is an incentive and is absolutely attainable. In fact, even at the base rate of 0.07, on this platform, you can easily make at least $20+ per hour, so while base is important, it is also important to know what you can actually produce based on dictators and platform to give you an average hourly rate. I have hit the 325 lph many times since starting a few months ago and almost always get at least the 275 lph, but again I care more about my hourly rate than lph.

I also consider the fact that there is always work (in fact mandatory overtime right now) so I am able to consistently hit that $20+ per hour.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I meant I care more about hourly rate that cpl!! Not enough coffee yet this morning.
I understand, but if you were paid a decent lph, think - how much more the hourly would be nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
?????? your CPL is what makes your hourly rate!! - Mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
duh ... so 300 ph @ 7c is $21/hr but @ 8 is $24. - and incentive should start before 275
[ In Reply To ..]
just tired of chintzy rates
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, but the hourly rate is comprised of several things; the cpl which is a fixed number that I knew when I accepted the position and then the ease of the platform as well as the quality of the dictators; those variables directly affect my production and, together, those things determine my average hourly rate. Since my production is the only variable of which I have any control, how easily I can achieve lines is more important to me than cpl or lph for bonus. My point is that on this platform with these dictators, and even with a base rate of 7 cpl, because the other variables are favorable, the incentive tier numbers of 275 and 325 are very doable and even at base, with 300 lph as an average, this is still one company where you can easily average $21/hr which is hard to come by these days based on the posts I read here.
It sounds like we work at the same place. I say, hats off to you sm - COMT
[ In Reply To ..]
for doing so well. I took the job because of the benefits, which are pretty nice, I think. You apparently are much faster than I am, as I have been there a month and am just barely reaching the 250 lph mark. I never considered myself slow, but I guess I just haven't found my niche. Regardless, I admire you for being able to do so much -- congrats. :-)
RE: Same Place - Stubby
[ In Reply To ..]
Well thank you, I don't know that I'm really that fast, but the trick is to have LOTS of expansions.

Like you, I took the job primarily for the awesome benefits; the low cpl certainly didn't excite me, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to get lines on this platform and make money! Overall, I very happy here, especially considering the horror stories I read about on here.

Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Incentive Plan
Feb 07, 2012

I was told there was an incentive plan with M*Modal/MQ.  Any information would be appreciated.   Thanks ...new to M*Modal ...

QC Incentive Start?
Oct 07, 2013

Anyone know when the QC incentive is going to start?  I kept running out of work as an MT, so decided to make the move to QC because they were supposed to start that incentive like 2 months ago now (false advertising, yay!) ... have been making nearly $200 less per paycheck since making the switch since I lost my weekly MT bonus, ugh. :(   Anytime I ask my supervisor she just says she is mad about it as well and they won't give her a straight answer... mhmm.     ...

Does Axolotl Have An Incentive Plan?
Jul 28, 2010

Hi--have seen mixed opinions about Axolotl from this board, especially lately. Considering switching from my current company as the M-Modal is awful and line count is suffering a lot because of it. What I'd like to know is: - Does Axolotl have an incentive plan based on lines produced? - Are full time employees required to work 40 hours a week and stick to a set-in-stone schedule, and are you required to work a weekend day? - Is there plenty of work to go around and i ...

New Nuance Incentive Plan
Jan 12, 2012

What I pleasant surprise on my pay stub. Love the new incentive plan! ...

Accentus Pay And Incentive Plan
Jul 19, 2012

Does anybody know what Accentus pay scale is? Or what their incentive plan is like? Any information on the company is welcome as well.  Thanks in advance! ...

So The Incentive Plan Bites The Dust. Now What?
Mar 15, 2010

I guess what it's saying is that we will get raises instead, based on how we did in Jan/Feb?  Oh you mean the two months that I had little to NO WORK?  How do we know if we're getting a raise anyway?  Is the Raise Fairy going to hit us with a wand and tell us? ...

Is The Incentive Plan For Part-time Employees, Too? Sm
Dec 11, 2012

Someone chatted online during the meeting that the incentive program is for full-time employees only? Is this true? I'm part-time but can make the lines in at least Tier 2.  ...

Month Away For New Compensation Plan To Start
Nov 23, 2014

Supposedly the plan is to be implemented in approximately a month.  Any bets on whether or not that happens in a timely fashion.  So far the November deadline has just flown right past us without any explanation on their part as to why the NO REVEAL.  Grrrr.    ...

Big Diff Tiers 2 And 3?
Dec 08, 2009

Is there an appreciable difference, cpl-wise, or job security-wise, between tiers 2 and 3?  Is it worth it to tier up?  I'm pretty happy at tier 2, but don't know whether it makes sense to stay here. ...

Tiers 1, 2 And 3 Questions
Mar 21, 2010

Would anybody be willing to explain the differences between tiers 1, 2 and 3?  Is it worth it to switch to a higher tier?  Is the pay any higher or any other benefits to being on a higher tier? ...

Can Someone Explain The Tiers To Me Please?
Nov 29, 2010

Are operative reports much harder than other reports? I have done a few and am trying to figure out why there is a seperate tier that includes op reports. ...

Testing Up For Tiers
Jan 13, 2015

I am already a tier 3 so that won't work for me and do not want to be an SHDA.  There is no money in that just a headache. Must have lost a lot of people.  It seems to me quite strange. ...

What Do Tiers Mean? Tier 1,2,3 Transcriptionist?
Oct 06, 2012

Wondering what the different tiers mean (like at mmodal) ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

MT Tier 4? I Thought There Were Only Tiers 1-3 With 3 Being "expert." Nm
Oct 12, 2013

. ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...

Does Anyone Get Incentive Pay For SR?
Jul 12, 2013

I've put in an application for an SR job at a company but just found out they don't offer an incentive for SR work.  Is that the norm or not?  Seems like a pittance to work for 0.045 CPL and no incentive, but new to SR and I'm not sure what the standard is in the industry.  Any info appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Incentive Help Please!
Nov 06, 2013

I really need some help.  I am having trouble trying to prove my case to my manager.  I have not been receiving my incentives for a few weeks and today I started doing some research to figure out what is going on.  Turns out when I enter the dates in fiesa, I show a totally different percentage than what they show when I go to approve my timecard.  I talked to my manager and she cannot give me a straight answer.  All I need to know is where is it documented about&nb ...

Incentive
Nov 05, 2014

Well I just approved my lines for last week and noticed a weekly incentive bonus.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so either I am missing something or we may end up actually being fairly happy with this new program. Thoughts?  ...

OT Incentive
May 13, 2015

WOW!  So if you normally work Thursday thru Saturday you are required to work 5 hours of OT to receive it.  Don't know about you but 13 hours is too much for me.   ...

Confused Incentive And OT
Oct 17, 2009

Okay so here we go.  In the past my boss has said that the incentive does not mean that OT is approved.  Three weeks ago she said that since it was an incentive then we all could work extra. Then two weeks ago said that OT is not automatically approved during an incentive.  Now she states, "I know all of you are worried about there not being work in our group because of the incentive, but it is there.  Since there is an incentive go ahead and take advantage of it as much as y ...