A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tiers 1, 2 and 3 questions - confuzzled

Posted: Mar 21, 2010

Would anybody be willing to explain the differences between tiers 1, 2 and 3?  Is it worth it to switch to a higher tier?  Is the pay any higher or any other benefits to being on a higher tier?

Pay's usually the same, work harder. n/m - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
N/M

Thanks, I appreciate your answer - been trying to decide

[ In Reply To ..]
Whether it would be worth it for me to maybe try for a higher tier, but unless there's something that I don't know about, I really couldn't see much difference, other than work harder, like you said.

I was hoping that least they might offer higher pay or something else to compensate for the harder work.

I'm a tier 2 and was thinking of trying to test - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
up to tier 3, not for a raise or anything, as that prob wouldn't happen, but just for something newer and interesting (OPs). But with the implementation of this FTR plan/scheme, I nixed that right in the bud. I'd be working harder at first at least, having to leave more QA markers, and then getting docked 3 cents a line just because I wanted to attempt something more challenging? That is arse backwards. So, I'll be staying a tier 2 thank you very much.

Testing up - sm - Confuzzled

[ In Reply To ..]
Like your name, confuzzeled! LOL

I did OPs for years before the tiers came in to play, and I did them for a few afterwards as a tier 2, but opted out when they got so sticky on the line counts.

I spent a LOT of time researching when I did OPs, mostly because you aren't given one speciality, but everything. Also, many of the surgeons are the worst dictators out there.

For a short time I thought about testing up and doing them again, but with all the BS going on I'm gonna stick with my boring tier 2 work.

tiers having nothing to do with work or pay - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a TOP TIER - haven't had a raise in 13 years, & I type everything - OPs, H&Ps, DS, letters, consults, office notes - there is no difference in pay or work

Speaking of pay raises - I've worked for this company since 1988, do all the required stuff - but because I was sick in January I don't get their frigging raise AGAIN - oh well leaving soon for many reasons

Similar Messages:

Big Diff Tiers 2 And 3?
Dec 08, 2009

Is there an appreciable difference, cpl-wise, or job security-wise, between tiers 2 and 3?  Is it worth it to tier up?  I'm pretty happy at tier 2, but don't know whether it makes sense to stay here. ...

Can Someone Explain The Tiers To Me Please?
Nov 29, 2010

Are operative reports much harder than other reports? I have done a few and am trying to figure out why there is a seperate tier that includes op reports. ...

Testing Up For Tiers
Jan 13, 2015

I am already a tier 3 so that won't work for me and do not want to be an SHDA.  There is no money in that just a headache. Must have lost a lot of people.  It seems to me quite strange. ...

What Do Tiers Mean? Tier 1,2,3 Transcriptionist?
Oct 06, 2012

Wondering what the different tiers mean (like at mmodal) ...

For Those Of You Who Have An Incentive Plan, Where Do The Tiers Start? Sm
Jun 28, 2013

The company I am with requires 175 lph minimum, then if you do 275 lph you get 1/4 cent extra and then at 325 you get another 1/4. This is all straight typing. Maybe I'm just in one of my dissatisfied moods, but it doesn't seem like much extra -- at their top tier you'd only make 1/2 cent more per line. Maybe I have it great and just don't realize it. ...

MT Tier 4? I Thought There Were Only Tiers 1-3 With 3 Being "expert." Nm
Oct 12, 2013

. ...