A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does TTS have incentive pay for 2nd shift/weekends? - HomeMT

Posted: Jul 27, 2014

As an IC, does TTS have incentive pay for working in the evenings and on weekends?  Another company I am looking at does.  Thanks in advance!

I don't think so. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think your IC rate remains the same no matter when you work. I do know they do need more people working the later hours, so you might be able to negotiate a higher rate if you let them know you can work those hours. As far as weekends, we all have to work 1 weekend day, so there is nothing special about it to offer a differential in pay. If you offer to work both weekend late nights, again you might be able to negotiate a better rate. It's all a matter of negotiating. Find out what they need most and try to get a higher line rate for doing that.

According to their job ad, they do. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]

"What we can offer you is a very competitive cpl line rate, pay for spaces, headers and footers, medical, dental and vision insurance, pay every two weeks by direct deposit, PDO plan, weekend and shift differentials."

Their ad says yes. My paycheck said otherwise. NM - Bye, bye

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
TTS - FooledMeTwice
[ In Reply To ..]
My paycheck also said otherwise. Could never get hold of anybody to verify line count. Bye bye.

They do offer shift diff. only if you are full time employee - ex-TTS

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are PT they take it away. If you are IC, there is none. It isn't much so you aren't missing anything. It is like 0.0033 or less. I cant remember.
shift diff goes to - all, PT or FT or IC
[ In Reply To ..]
I started out PT and then went to FT, my initial line rate included the shift incentive when I was PT. The line rates for IC are actually higher, about 1cpl if I remember, than being an employee. I chose employee because I wanted the dental and medical coverage.
Tried to go from FT to PT. sm - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
just recently and told I would have to take a line rate decrease because they don't pay shift differential for PT. What they were offering would have been lower than my state's minimum wage at x.xxxx x 250 lph for SR.
that is not shift differential-that is IC pay - I know
[ In Reply To ..]
and PT does NOT get shift differential.

yes - they do

[ In Reply To ..]
2nd and 3rd shift differential incentives and also weekend incentives. They also give me an additional .25 per line for my CHDS. Hope that helps.

So, there you have it. A hodgepodge of mixed - answers and even 1

[ In Reply To ..]
dislike for asking the question. LOL. This board is too much. Best to just call them and ask them if you want the best answer for you.

Similar Messages:

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

TAT On Weekends
Feb 04, 2013

Is it just me or has the work gotten out of control across the board on weekends?  It seems like there are lots more S.O.S. e-mails since the merger.  I wonder if people quitting is the reason?  Then again, it could be a combination of that plus the fact that treating us MTs like peons without any say is coming back to bite the higher-ups  in their proverbial buttocks (that's MT for butts).  I know MY motivation to help out on demand when th ...

Weekends Only
Jul 19, 2014

Are there only companies that hire for weekends only?  ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

NJA. CCM Says We Have To Makeup Time On Weekends
Nov 06, 2009

only.  Is there anything in the handbook about this?   ...

PT Transcenders Working Weekends
Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT. Like you, I am also going to b ...

Do Indian MTs Work Weekends?
Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today! ...

Remedy Tickets On The Weekends
Feb 06, 2014

I work every weekend, and since Christmas there has been little to no work on the weekends.  I tried to do remedy tickets, but the date automatically advances to the upcoiming Monday date, and if I type the date in manually, it gives me an error... and then shows a calendar to chose a date, but all the weekend days are grayed out.  I asked my supervisor about this since I am eligible in my state to get compensated for at least 1 hour of pay, and she tells me you CAN do this, but that w ...

I Hate Holiday Weekends
May 25, 2014

The foreign docs are out in full force,, cannot understand a word they are saying and no American docs to transcribe to help get my line count to anywhere near acceptable range..praying for a lightening strike or an internet failure... ...

M MODAL Holidays And Weekends
Feb 14, 2015

How difficult it to get time off on holidays or weekend s? I am struggling with this in their job proposal to me. I don't mind working a couple holidays, but not every single one.  What do they do if you call in "sick"?Why would a company not offer employees some holidays of? I just can't imagine working EVERY holiday.  ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Part-time, Evenings And Weekends
Dec 26, 2013

Hoping my fellow MTs might know if there are companies that hire for 15-20 hours a week.  I can work both days of the weekends and a couple evenings per week.  It's almost impossible to ascertain this information from companies' websites, and they make it difficult to contact their HR departments.  I appreciate any advice you can lend.  ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Are There Any Companies With Clinic Work Available All The Time - Weekends Included?
Dec 09, 2013

If they may be hiring now, that's even better!  Thanks in advance!  :) ...

If I'm An IC, Can A Company "require" Me To Work On The Weekends?
Jan 04, 2011

I don't think that is IC status is it? ...

OTI/Oracle...why Do I Have To Work Weekends When There's NO Work?
Apr 23, 2011

I had a feeling this would happen as I've been low in work all week.  I'm tired of waiting for reports to fall from the sky this evening.  I'm tired of no work the rest of the week too. ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...

Does Anyone Get Incentive Pay For SR?
Jul 12, 2013

I've put in an application for an SR job at a company but just found out they don't offer an incentive for SR work.  Is that the norm or not?  Seems like a pittance to work for 0.045 CPL and no incentive, but new to SR and I'm not sure what the standard is in the industry.  Any info appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Incentive Help Please!
Nov 06, 2013

I really need some help.  I am having trouble trying to prove my case to my manager.  I have not been receiving my incentives for a few weeks and today I started doing some research to figure out what is going on.  Turns out when I enter the dates in fiesa, I show a totally different percentage than what they show when I go to approve my timecard.  I talked to my manager and she cannot give me a straight answer.  All I need to know is where is it documented about&nb ...

Incentive
Nov 05, 2014

Well I just approved my lines for last week and noticed a weekly incentive bonus.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so either I am missing something or we may end up actually being fairly happy with this new program. Thoughts?  ...

OT Incentive
May 13, 2015

WOW!  So if you normally work Thursday thru Saturday you are required to work 5 hours of OT to receive it.  Don't know about you but 13 hours is too much for me.   ...