A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M MODAL holidays and weekends - CC

Posted: Feb 14, 2015

How difficult it to get time off on holidays or weekend s? I am struggling with this in their job proposal to me. I don't mind working a couple holidays, but not every single one.  What do they do if you call in "sick"?Why would a company not offer employees some holidays of? I just can't imagine working EVERY holiday. 

My take - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
People do not stop getting sick on holidays or weekends.

Not even doctors and other medical professionals - work every holiday

[ In Reply To ..]
That is such a tired, senseless argument to defend the practice of making MTs work every holiday, knowing that the workload is always lighter. I worked ROTATING holidays for 20 years....until I ended up at M*Modal. The only ones who would keep spouting that nonsense are management (who have every holiday off) or an MT who has drank the kool-aid.

I usually work most holidays, but I've asked before - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and gotten approved. The work is really low on holidays, so you'll be able to get some of them off I'm sure. As far as Tgiving and Xmas, though, you can only take one of them, not both. Every time I've worked Tgiving or Xmas, though, I've ruined family plans & then run out of work anyway, so it's pretty aggravating that they force way too many to work.

holidays - stkgstyles

[ In Reply To ..]

They have no way of knowing what the workload will be on the holiday.

But they know that they've waaaay overstaffed every single - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
holiday for years, so common sense says let some more take that day off instead of ruining their holiday for no reason.

Here is a thought - mwe

[ In Reply To ..]
Some jobs with weekends off and holidays:

Government worker
School teacher
Bank worker

I am sure there are more. I don't like working holidays either or weekends but realize in a health-related industry you have to work some of them. I usually alternate years for Thanksgiving and Christmas being off.

Working for M*M - MTME

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a family or outside activities. They want to own you body and soul and not pay even a decent wage. If you could read posts from November and December, you would see what a nightmare working those holidays are. This company does nothing but take and take and gives nothing in return; not even a decent wage. They treat you horribly and pick you to death with their rules and QA. I would highly recommend you seek employment elsewhere and not give into their demands.

Depends on how friendly your manager is. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone has to have a weekend day in your schedule. If a holiday falls on one of your scheduled days, you work. VERY few people get the major holidays off, and unless your work in a state that requires pay for a couple hours, you are out of luck when you run out of work, and you will likely have no work on a major holiday. When you don't/can't get your hours in because of lack of work, you will be hounded as to when you will "make up" the time. Or, you can use your vacation hours for those missed hours, if you have any left. If you have vacation hours left, you have to use them for lack of work; you can't take an unpaid day. I have never had a holiday off.

You are getting a good taste of this company. Take, take, take. Unless you are desperate for a job or just need an MT job on your resume, I wouldn't take the job. When I first started here, it was a good place to work, but since CBay (Indian company) gained control, it has become a horrible place to work, and getting worse. This is why I have gone back to school to train for another career.

JMO based on my experience.

Similar Messages:

TAT On Weekends
Feb 04, 2013

Is it just me or has the work gotten out of control across the board on weekends?  It seems like there are lots more S.O.S. e-mails since the merger.  I wonder if people quitting is the reason?  Then again, it could be a combination of that plus the fact that treating us MTs like peons without any say is coming back to bite the higher-ups  in their proverbial buttocks (that's MT for butts).  I know MY motivation to help out on demand when th ...

Weekends Only
Jul 19, 2014

Are there only companies that hire for weekends only?  ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

NJA. CCM Says We Have To Makeup Time On Weekends
Nov 06, 2009

only.  Is there anything in the handbook about this?   ...

PT Transcenders Working Weekends
Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT. Like you, I am also going to b ...

Do Indian MTs Work Weekends?
Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today! ...

Remedy Tickets On The Weekends
Feb 06, 2014

I work every weekend, and since Christmas there has been little to no work on the weekends.  I tried to do remedy tickets, but the date automatically advances to the upcoiming Monday date, and if I type the date in manually, it gives me an error... and then shows a calendar to chose a date, but all the weekend days are grayed out.  I asked my supervisor about this since I am eligible in my state to get compensated for at least 1 hour of pay, and she tells me you CAN do this, but that w ...

I Hate Holiday Weekends
May 25, 2014

The foreign docs are out in full force,, cannot understand a word they are saying and no American docs to transcribe to help get my line count to anywhere near acceptable range..praying for a lightening strike or an internet failure... ...

Does TTS Have Incentive Pay For 2nd Shift/weekends?
Jul 27, 2014

As an IC, does TTS have incentive pay for working in the evenings and on weekends?  Another company I am looking at does.  Thanks in advance! ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Part-time, Evenings And Weekends
Dec 26, 2013

Hoping my fellow MTs might know if there are companies that hire for 15-20 hours a week.  I can work both days of the weekends and a couple evenings per week.  It's almost impossible to ascertain this information from companies' websites, and they make it difficult to contact their HR departments.  I appreciate any advice you can lend.  ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Are There Any Companies With Clinic Work Available All The Time - Weekends Included?
Dec 09, 2013

If they may be hiring now, that's even better!  Thanks in advance!  :) ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Why Do They Always Do This Right Before The Holidays?
Nov 24, 2009

Just got word from the hospital where my full-time coding job is that we will be laying off and/or terminating employees, eliminating positions and changing others.  Why, oh why, do companies always do this around the holiday time? It gets more and more sad and more frightening daily, doesn't it, seeing more and more good people out of work and such a lack of prospects for employment.   ...

You Can Tell Holidays Getting Near, NJA Again
Nov 15, 2013

I usually never have NJA but in the past two weeks, have had it 2 times. ...

Holidays In India
Aug 03, 2010

Here's a link to holidays in India.  My opinion?  Don't work on these days.  It's the closest thing you can get to a strike.  Could be interesting.  http://www.travelindia-guide.com/holiday_calendar.aspx   ...

Crappy Holidays To Us All
Sep 30, 2010

Just got the email today that effective 10/01/2010, my MTSO (whom I will not name) will no longer be paying holiday pay (aka 1.5 cpl) for any holidays anymore b/c of "the economy." R U *** kidding me? First of all, I thought that the recession was officially over in 2009, but I could be mistaken. Secondly, I know holiday pay and OT and all that is a "perk" and not required by law to pay us, but yet they expect us MTs, er me, to work all major holidays for the same crappy cpl as always ...

I Am Not Working Any More Holidays!
Oct 23, 2010

Got denied for Thanksgiving request.  I have put my life on hold for this company for 15 years.  I have missed Christmases, Thanksgivings, family functions and fireworks and for what? To sit at my desk and wait for the work to trickle in? Or no jobs at all.    I am not working another single holiday for this company. Let the Indians work them. I am not even sending in a request for them; I am just going on with my plans. What are they gonna do, send my work to India? Fi ...

Happy Holidays To All
Dec 18, 2010

I don't post here often but do read.  No matter what our differences or opinions when it comes to MQ, we all have it in common and sometimes it's just nice to know that you are all there with that common bond.  So, thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a bright new year.  Jaybee ...

Never Got So Much As A Happy Holidays From The Q.
Jan 06, 2011

I don't need some gift (that wasn't worth the money they paid postage on). It just would have been nice to at least send out a company email wishing us a happy holidays. That would have only cost them the money it would have taken some salaried person to type it up and sned it out which is really nothing as that person would have been paid whether they did that or not. Guess 'cause we're an Indian company and that is not one of their holidays. What would have been appreci ...

Increased Pay On Holidays
Oct 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you get time and a half for work on holidays? ...

Paid Holidays??
Jan 02, 2012

Hey MQ Mt's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?   Couldn't find it on MQ Central.  Thanks!  ...

Keystrokes Holidays
Apr 04, 2012

Does anyone know what the paid holidays are at Keystrokes?  Thanks!! ...

How Does The Holidays Work Here?
May 23, 2012

The only 2 I want off are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  How do they pay you?  Minimum wage for 8 hours?   ...

Question On Holidays.
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Holidays Everybody!
Dec 19, 2012

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everybody and hope they have a great time and a great holiday! This was our first time decorating and shopping as well as sending cards and stuff in over 7 years due to severe pain and financial issues. It feels so good to do normal things during the holiday this year, although it took numerous doctors appointments to do so. I felt so good when my cousin emailed me that my grandma was searching her mailbox everyday and nobody had sent a card yet, but me... s ...

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Dec 26, 2012

I hope all of you have a nice holiday with your family.  I know times can be hard, especially with work, but keep in mind that family is important and enjoy them while you can cause you never know when that will change in a just a moment.  I hope your new year will be better for all of us.  I wish for work for everyone.  hugs for all of you! ...

Mmodal Holidays
Jul 24, 2013

I thought 4th of July was one.  I can't find them, looking in Ultipro. ...