Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Same here - Got out

Posted: Sep 26th, 2023 - 7:05 pm In Reply to: There is life after MT'ing - Let go MT

I worked full-time as an MT for 21 years and finally realized that I needed to get out at the end of last year. I landed a great full-time job with a very large EMR company, still working remotely from home. I was started at a base of $25/hour, but since I work second shift, I get a shift differential of $2 more per hour, putting me at $27/hour. I have a full health insurance package, company matched 401k, life insurance, tons of perks (including a 20% per month corporate discount on my wireless service), generous PTO, personal floating holidays, and I have every weekend and holiday off, with holidays all being paid. We get annual bonuses and raises and there is significant room for advancement. I hated to leave MT, but it was no longer stable or reliable. I was constantly running out of work, bouncing from one bad company to another, dealing with insulting pay, lost accounts, etc. Enough was enough. MT was all that I knew for over 2 decades, so making the transition to another career path was a bit intimidating, but the fact that I'm still working from home made the transition a bit less daunting. I love working my 8 hours and being done. No more banging the keys for 12-15 hours a day just to try to break minimum wage! I now know exactly how much my paychecks will be every 2 weeks. I finally have a work/life balance that I haven't had in many years.

As another poster mentioned, I'm sure that those of us who have successfully gotten out of this dead career will be accused of bragging, but I couldn't possibly care less. Anybody can get off this shipwreck. There are so many other options out there, including jobs that will allow you to still work from home as in my case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)