Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 55)

Me Too - see msg

Posted: Sep 25th, 2023 - 8:19 am In Reply to: There is life after MT'ing - Let go MT

My story is similar. We are both going to get accused of bragging here. However, there are people who need an uplifting story and some hope. So, all you nasty people who can't stand that many of us are happily out of MT, don't keep reading.

I took a local job in a small retail business. My job was mostly clerical....answering phones and keeping office files organized. It was part time (my choice), but my boss gave me paid time off, paid for some lunches, gave me some flexibility in my hours, and was just wonderful to me. He gave me raises without my asking and other things.

The pay wasn't real high, but I was just working to ride through until retirement SS benefits kicked in. I left that job at that time, and my boss gave me an extra week's pay for job well done.

I got the job merely by looking in my LOCAL newspaper. I did not send out hundreds of resumes online. It was 5 miles from my home in a low-traffic area.

If you have a disability that precludes you from getting out on a regular basis, or you don't have transportation, don't forget that these days, there is a slew of at-home jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)