Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Exactly! - re: micromanaging

Posted: May 25th, 2022 - 11:29 am In Reply to: I can think of a few MTSOs that should read - your post re: micromanaging!

I also 100% agree with the above explanation of micromanaging. I saw a meme on social medial recently that said "People don't leave jobs. They leave bosses." That could not be more accurate! Just about every MT job that I have ever left was because of my boss/management. Micromanagement creates SO much stress and it makes for such a hostile work environment. Just the stress of being micromanaged alone is enough to cause even the best workers to make mistakes that they wouldn't typically make. You can't think as clearly when you know you are being watched like a hawk and that even the tiniest mistake you make will be scrutinized. You become so paranoid about making a mistake that will result in you being chastised that you end up making even MORE mistakes. You would think that management would want their workers to be happy and productive and to produce quality work, but I guess some are just too high on their power trip to realize the destruction they are causing. I'm so happy that I have finally found a job who leaves me alone to do my work and if I ever do make a mistake, they don't rub my nose in it. They simply send a friendly reminder and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)