Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

If you think it was bad being an MT for her - try being a lead

Posted: May 20th, 2022 - 10:42 pm In Reply to: Completely agree - MRP

I was hired by Donna for a lead position with MRP due to my experience working as a lead at several other companies I've worked for over the years. I received almost NO training whatsoever from Donna. On my very first day as lead, she only spent a few minutes quickly showing me where to monitor the workflow and assign jobs, but she didn't give me the time of day to train me on anything else that I would need to know (of which there was a great deal). I remember she told me that she had to go "meet a friend for dinner" and I was on my own from there.

She would always make a huge fuss whenever I would make a mistake. There were so many times when I wanted to tell her that maybe if she had actually taken the time to properly train me, I would have a much better understanding of how to perform my job to her expectations and could avoid all of these mistakes. I had to do my very best to try and train myself and learn as I went, but it was impossible. I had been set up for failure from day one. Her idea of training me was emailing me multiple different "instruction manuals" that were something like 30+ pages each. There was one manual for lead duties and another one for QA duties. They were so long and so overwhelmingly confusing that it was almost impossible to find what you were looking for when you were trying to figure out how to do something. I wasted so much time scrolling through pages and pages of useless nonsense and, 9 times out of 10, I could never find what I needed, or I would find it, but the instructions were about as clear as mud in a pile of pig shit. Of course, since I worked nights, there was rarely anyone around who I could ask for help. I almost quit after my first day. There were 3 or 4 different programs that you had to be logged into when on lead duty. You had to constantly monitor the QA queue and take care of any reports that went there. You had to constantly monitor the workflow and assign high priority jobs or jobs that were about to be out of TAT. You had to respond to MTs who had questions or needed help. You also had to monitor the company email in case any clients emailed and respond to them. You had to do all of this while also trying to get your own lines in so you could make a halfway decent paycheck.

I did not get paid a set salary or any receive any sort of stipend in my checks for being a lead like I did when I worked in this capacity for other companies. I only got an extra 1 cent per line as my "lead pay." What in the world good is that when you hardly have any time to do your own work?! The line rate that she is paying now for this weekend MT position she is trying to fill is MORE than what I was being paid as a lead. What was being expected of me was far too much and I wasn't being paid NEARLY enough to tolerate the harassment and abuse that I was receiving from Donna Blessing on an almost daily basis. I got so disgusted and fed up with how I was being treated, so one day I just responded to one of her 50 emails telling me everything that I did wrong and how much I suck at life and told her that I was done as I saw no reason for me to stay if that was how she felt about me. Her response floored me. She said, "I don't see any reason why you should stay either!" Then, she continued to email me with things that I had done wrong AFTER I had quit. She just HAD to have the last word, but I was over it by that point and I blocked her emails. I wasn't about to give her another moment of my life or stoop to her level by responding. I thought my husband was going to go off on her after I showed him her emails. He was FURIOUS, but I told him to just forget her because she's not worth it. I think she is mentally ill, and I'm not just saying that out of spite. I truly believe she is. Never in my life have I experienced that kind of treatment or that level of unprofessionalism at any company I've ever worked for.

Also, I'm not 100% certain on this, but I *think* they may have ties to Nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)