Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not the OP, but - anon

Posted: Feb 16th, 2020 - 1:34 am In Reply to: really? - glad to be gone

I've heard of something like this happening to people laid off before in other industries. They're given a choice of either taking severance pay or going with unemployment benefits for 6 months (or less, depending on whether another job opportunity comes up before the 6 months ends). Sometimes the severance pay isn't that much more than what unemployment benefits would be for those approximately 6 months and sometimes it's more.

I guess I could see someone taking the lump sum for immediate needs like paying the bills, etc. But even so, any person who is unemployed can still seek assistance at the local Job Center in their town for help in finding another job. This isn't a service only for those getting unemployment benefits. So, I guess the choice of which way to go on that would depend on the financial need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)