Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Oh, Sorry... - Here is what I did

Posted: Feb 13th, 2020 - 2:20 pm In Reply to: Laid off - sweetpea

I didn't get laid off, but I couldn't take the stress anymore and had to quit a few years before I qualified for SS Retirement benefits.

Long story short, it's not easy to be pounding the pavement, but it's exactly what I did, and NOT looking for MT work! This is your big chance to get out of the business.

I took a job just answering phones in a small retail environment. No stress. M-F, 9-4. Of course, insurance could be an issue, but if your household yearly income isn't over a certain amount, you qualify for the ACA.

Please use this opportunity to "wind down," instead of "wind up." There are stress-free (or nearly stress free) jobs out there.

Best of luck. Who knows why they laid you off. The MTSOs lie like rugs, so whatever they tell you would be hard to know if it's true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)