Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

in time it will be a blessing - glad to be gone

Posted: Feb 13th, 2020 - 8:13 pm In Reply to: Laid off - sweetpea

I got terminated back in October from Aquity supposedly for quality issues but I have my suspicions. Seems lots of people in that retirement zone are being let go.....just saying....

I am so sorry you got laid off. I agree with the poster who said to file immediately for unemployment. Also see what help your state provides for people getting back into the work force. Mine provided computer training to get me familiar with Excel and Word and help with resume writing, job interviews and lots more.

There are jobs out there and employers willing to hire people who are our age (turned 62 this past December). Just be diligent in your job search and creative with what you look for. It will be different, more than likely you won't be working at home, but it could be an adventure! I start work Monday for a great company with fantastic pay and benefits and I actually will be getting paid for holidays and not having to use PTO or work them if it was part of my schedule.

Good luck to you!! You'll be fine. It will just take a few days (took me about a month to have it finally sink in) but you'll find yourself so less stressed and so much more enjoying life!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)