Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Stay away from Nacogdoches. - Strange experience - I smell a SCAM!

Posted: Aug 31st, 2017 - 10:36 am In Reply to: Any recent info on Nacogdoches Transcription Solutions? Received offer to test. sm - mt2

I got an offer to test. Test was ridiculously short and easy, which is highly unusual. Days later, I get an email offering a position, which I accepted, then I get an email telling me what software to download - no new hire paperwork at all. When I questioned them about this, I got a nondisclosure form with another person's signature already on it from last year, a W4, and an credit authorization for direct deposit ACH credits (which had no specific company name listed). She offered up NO information about the position whatsoever - anything I wanted to know, I had to coax the information out of her. I asked if she needed an I-9 and she told me no, she did not require it. This is required by law and I have spoken to the DOL about this, who has informed me that I need to report this to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. So, basically, this woman didn't know me from Adam, no identification required by me whatsoever, and was about to start letting me type reports. The only information she had on me at this point was what was on my resume. I do a 28 minute "training session" with some other woman over the phone (she was the most awful "trainer" I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with, by the way). I did 5 jobs - got a rude email about my minor errors (mostly style, but apparently they expect you to be perfect on the first day with only 5 jobs). Second day, I get 5 more jobs. I look for an email from them for hours until I notice it has gone to junk mail the next day (for some reason, Outlook kept sending their emails to my junk mail folder). She says I made an error that we talked about during our "training" and that she basically didn't think my quality was on par with their standards, therefore they could not proceed with my employment at this time, yada, yada, yada. I didn't even reply - they seem to be doing some shady business and I didn't want to be involved. Quite frankly, I was afraid to send them my banking information. They had me in ChartScript typing reports under another person's name without signing any HIPAA forms, ID, etc. She told me they would cut a check for the work I did - some 400 lines. We shall see if the check ever makes it here and then if it clears the bank.

Bottom line - I would steer clear. Definitely some shady dealings. No proper ID or paperwork was required of me. They offer you a job, but you aren't really getting a job - it's more like you are taking one long test for days that you may or may not get paid for. I've never been "hired" by someone who never spoke to me on the phone for an interview or asked me for proper identification. I've also never been released from employment after only doing 10 reports and being told that my quality wasn't good enough for them. Hello - I am in a training period. I have 11 years experience and have never been reprimanded at any job for performance/quality issues. My last QA score with my last job was 99.77%. I was so happy to see that email cutting me loose yesterday morning as I was just about to walk away anyhow because they did not ask for proper new hire paperwork. Something about them stinks and it made me sick to my stomach. I can imagine they are roping plenty of desperate MTs in with that promise of 9 cpl, though. Kind of scary how these people have random "MTs" kicking around through patient records without the proper identification.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)