Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Seems to me whining about someone not doing your work for you sm - JMO

Posted: Jan 26th, 2017 - 11:18 pm In Reply to: Wow! - QA

and handing you a job on a platter is the childish behavior. As far as you not believing me, I'll try to live with the pain of that. I mentioned it only to say that I have seen so many changes in the MT world and that I sympathize. When I started out, we used Selectric typewriters and dictation was done on either microcassettes or the "endless loop" system in the hospital, or even sometimes on vinyl belts (like records) that were in the doctors' lounge area. Technology has advanced, but the way the MT is treated has gone in the direct opposite direction. It used to be we were valued for our knowledge, treated with respect, and paid well. Nowadays, no one seems to care much about anything except putting a warm body in a chair and paying them slave wages. If you do not like it, no one cares. You can leave and they will find some other poor soul to take your place. When I worked at YOG, Carole (the owner) was a bit eccentric, but I was paid well and had decent insurance. When Medquist (now M*Modal) bought her out, that all went out the window. My last experience with a larger company was when I worked at Synernet, which started out great, and I did come on here and shout it from the rooftops so all could know about this great Promised Land I had found, but it then deteriorated into an awful place where I felt like I had an anvil over my head when I was working.

Regardless, my thoughts, feelings, and experiences are just mine, obviously. I prefer IC work as my body starts to "squeak" too much if I sit continuously for hours on end, and I work for 2 small companies (small by my definition being under 25 people). Openings are rare, and if I do find out about an opening I tell my friends rather than come on here and have the owners inundated with hundreds of resumes to sort through. I hardly think that makes me selfish and unkind, but if you choose to believe otherwise, obviously that is your choice. I am gradually getting over my need to try to please everyone, which is a good thing since it is impossible. So, blast away. It says more about you than me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)