Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Ahhh there's a chip on the shoulder.. (Views: 35)

Reply - Synernet MT

Posted: Sep 5th, 2016 - 10:23 am In Reply to: Synernet - Ugh

Does the training really last 2 full weeks? If your line count is up to par and the quality you are released earlier. Depends on the work they give you and your learning curve.

What could they possibly need to teach you for 2 full weeks? Could be specs, could be ESLs, could be work types, could be anything. The time is for you to get up to speed so you aren't stressing over the line count and QA requirements. It protects you.

What are they like to work for? At first fine. honeymoon period. Pretty quickly the worst. Sweatshop. One top MT called and fired b/c she was late a few minutes for her shift. She did not respond b/c her grandma was on the floor dying and she had rushed there. Then put on the do not rehire list, said she did not comply with schedule. She felt her gma was more important. She found another better job with people who are extremely professional.

I read a lot about cherry picking? Yes. The shift supervisors get to pick what they want b/c they supposedly work so many hours on a bad salary so this compensates their lousy pay and difficult work and is a bribe to make them stay. This is verified information. Not sure if you should blame them or the person who made that deal. It's kind of pinning dog eat dog atmosphere. But hey a person has to eat. That's the subtext in the sup's mind.

Is the platform easy to learn? Yes Dolbey Fusion? Is it friendly? Yes Do you make good lines? Yes if straight typing b/c you can make your own normals and look up past reports as they say the same things over and over. No for VR. Expect a horrible paycheck with the VR.

Percentage VR/percentage Straight approximately? Depends if they like you or not. (This is verified.)

I am so worried about this. You should be.

200 papers sent to fill out or more. Nervous. I feel like I am signing a mortgage or something. There's a reason you are nervous. Trust your gut.

How strict are they with the schedule?
I have kids, a bunch of animals and a hubby who, though they love my income, do not really care that I have to work to earn this income and should be left alone. I would honestly say out of an 8-hour shift, due to interuptions, I work 5 hours maybe. 5 out of 8. Keep moving. They fired someone for walking off the job for not being on her shift within 10 minutes on the phone and said she quit when her gma was dying. (This is verified) Will they be riding me constantly about this?

1400 lines per day but was told on phone around 1100 or so. Are they strict about this. They are strict about everything good for them. They are not strict about what is good for you.

If you need a job take it and see how it goes. Keep your resume out there. But do keep your mouth shut and do what they say, that is as they sup says put up and shut up in so many words. A decent paycheck means following their rules as they sign it. But go in knowing the playing field. Work your 8, do not fool around. Don't care about cherry picking build up your line count and your QA and be grateful you have a job with paid time off. That is how to survive there. But if you have a heart and love for your family (and yourself) and a shrink then find something else.

From, a friend who has been there done that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)