Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

If you're hired FT, they expect FT - MTlady

Posted: Sep 4th, 2016 - 3:21 am In Reply to: Synernet - Ugh

If you were hired to work 8 hours a day, they will want you to work 8 hours a day. It's called a full-time job lol. I think you will find this to be the case with most companies as the industry has changed a great deal even in the last 5 years due to advances in digital records and HIPAA compliance issues. Their rule is/was if you're going to be away from your desk for more than 15 minutes, you have to let them know. Some work has a really short turnaround time and if you leave and don't tell anyone, they could be counting on you to get something typed up. I have kids, multiple animals, a husband, a sick mother, etc. and had frequent interruptions too, but the interruptions were brief and when I typed I was fast.

I think the people concerned with cherry picking don't understand the work flow. Some rad MTs were cross-trained on HIM work a while ago so they only type certain HIM worktypes. Since there were so many complaints about cherry picking, supervisors type in work pools just like the MTs. Or at least they did. I can't imagine that has changed. Some MTs think op notes are a walk in the park while others can't stand them, so their perspectives differ and always come out as complaints. At the hospital where I work, it's exactly the same- people complaining that someone "stole all the good jobs" or cherry picks because she types op notes fast or she prefers ED notes. I think if you focus on your own work, you'll do fine.

I do know that one of their VR platforms is paid at the same rate as straight typed lines and while the pay on straight typed may seem low in comparison to other companies, it's based on a 55-character line, not 65-character line, so you are actually coming out ahead. The ET is also generous and if you don't use it all up for bogus excuses every night, you'll have more than enough to cover in periods when work is lower, like around holidays. When I worked there I know there were a lot of others who were making good money. And others who sucked and are probably the ones complaining about the company lol.

As far as ESL and easy dictators, the main platform was a walk in the park in comparison to other companies I've worked for. They had a couple not so easy ones but from what I understand, they made an effort to rotate us all through so there wasn't just one or two of us working on those accounts every night.

Bottom line- They'll keep you busy and they do expect you to work. You'd be hard pressed to find an employer that would hire you for 8 hours and expect you to only work for 5. If you can't type their minimum, which is below the industry standard, and have no intention of working your full shift, don't bother working there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)