Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Front End Speech Wreck - all smiles

Posted: Jun 11th, 2016 - 6:56 pm

My FP uses FR Speech Wreck - Dragon. He does not like it at all because it just does not work. He told me one day he was there at the office for 13 hours, many of which were catching up on his "computer work."

My Cardio told me she hates that the speech wreck will not get trained and that she wishes it woud stop putting "4" for for. I gave her some suggestions to help it work better, but frankly, FR speech wreck does not work that well. It makes  countless mistakes in any one report, and unfortunately it does not get trained. She uses Dragon.

These speech wreck programs are not cheap. The eat up the provider's time which is also not cheap. It seems that at some point down the road the bean counters will realize the providers see 1-2 patients less per day to keep up with their computer work, dictation, etc.

Or, unfortunately, a mistake will go unnoticed, which will lead to a law suit with a mega award. Maybe that will make the bean counters see what a mistake they made.

As for those of you who say there will be NO need for MTs, I cannot fathom a surgeon doing his/her own operative report. If he/she did, I can fathom the jury award when the OP report errors lead to another error costing millions.

There will be a need, albeit a lot less.

On the other hand, the demand for "scribes" is now growing. However, the pace is grueling and the pay is pitiful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)