Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

For those who have gotten out... - Are you experiencing...

Posted: Feb 19th, 2016 - 7:51 pm

what I am?  An overwhelming sense of relief, no nagging inner voice telling you to get back to work, no anxiety from interactions with ghostly "superiors" who may or may not decide to respond to you, etc., ad nauseum.  We all know The List.

I actually feel as if I was let out of prison.  I have joy, even though I am unemployed and looking hard for anything that won't make me want to puke on my shoes at the thought of doing it. 

I must have really subconsciously hated my job because I can't tell you how much lighter my life is now.  The proverbial dark cloud truly has been lifted off my life.  I didn't know how much it had affected my day-to-day feelings about life in general.

May those who are miserable find a way out.  We only have this one life.  Try and enjoy some of it.  It's better to have another position before quitting, but I had had it.  I couldn't do it another minute. 

I am taking a huge cut in pay because I can't do Microsoft Office, and I don't want to learn that anyway or be in that environment.  I will have to take something paying minimum wage or close to it.  I don't know what I will end up doing.  I hope it gives me a reason to want to get out of bed in the morning. 

Once upon a time, I really loved this work.  But it can suck the life right out of you. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)