Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 61)

Relief? - Yeah boy

Posted: Feb 20th, 2016 - 5:14 am In Reply to: For those who have gotten out... - Are you experiencing...

Have you seen the movie Shawshank Redemption? Remember when Morgan Freeman was released from prison and given a job bagging groceries? He asked his boss for permission to do anything at all because that's the way prison life was. Finally his boss said (paraphrased), "Look, you don't need to ask me every time you need to pee. Just DO it!"

When I left MT for a clerical job, I was constantly doing this sort of thing. "I'm sorry I took 3-1/2 minutes extra for lunch...I'll make it up," or "Running to the ladies' room, back in a minute." My boss would say, "Huh? What are you talking about?" LOL Took me months to shake the anxiety over micromanagement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)