Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 60)

Too Bad It Came To This - Denise

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 - 6:48 am In Reply to: For those who have gotten out... - Are you experiencing...

I'm hearing the same -- I loved MT'ing, but after company abuse and criically low pay, I have to give up MT jobs just to survive physically and mentally. I find that so sad, but true.

I was only in it for 5-1/2 years, but after micromanaging and waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, I also was relieved when I resigned. I love the work, but the thought of going back is awful, even part time. What is worse is that no one is standing up for the need for MTs. No one is saying we, as those who have the responsibility to correct a physician, need to be paid as well as nurses working directly with physicians are paid.

My previous IC employer used "the economy is in crisis" excuse and for a while understandable, but it has been a while and they acquired more and more large accounts and not once did our CPL go back to its original $0.09 CPL (we went from .09 to .065 CPL). That mentality of "if they make less they'll work more" is not true; I actually went from working six nights a week to three because I felt it wasn't worth working every waking moment to earn half of what I used to.

Sorry this is long-winded. I never reply to a post, but this rang so true. Thanks for letting me vent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)