Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 53)

Dear Friend - Nick

Posted: Oct 26th, 2015 - 2:35 pm In Reply to: All of me is now out the door. :) - OneFootOutTheDoor

I do not know you, but I want to offer you a big CONGRATULATIONS! I am proud of you. If we were both in Chicago, I would buy you a beer/coffee/whatever other libation you would choose. Like you, I am no fan of Nuance and others of their ilk. To my my mind, they are kind of like the bullies of the schoolyard in childhood. Your letter is really right on. It is intelligent, truthful, and articulate. I hope that they have the good sense to read it with an open mind and think about what they are doing/have done to you and to other MTs. You are now gone, and it is their loss. They have lost someone who is obviously a dedicated, decent, hard working professional. And for what? Why did it have to get to this point? (I could venture a guess and say that whoever is supposed to managing does not know how to manage, but I do not know that for a fact, only a maybe.) In any event, they have lost you, and who knows how many other people who are also talented and committed? Mark my words, these companies think they are so smart because they are getting a "cheap buy" by offshoring, but one of these days, all of this is going to come back to bite them in the whatchahoozie. Meanwhile, I am glad you are healing. Please remember that this is not your fault. You did not create the problems at Nuance, nor can you solve them unless then rehire you and put you in the CEO's slot. (Which, come to think of it, might be a good idea.) As the days go by, you will heal. I know that the day I decided I did not want to spend the rest of my life as an MT, I was happier than I have ever been. You will find whatever is the right path for yourself and as each day passes, this will be like a nightmare that fades away. Come to think of it, have you ever considered a legal career? You write and analyze so well. I think you would be an excellent lawyer or paralegal. Whatever direction you go, the most important part of the journey is stepping away from Nuance. Thank you for posting your letter. I found it to be inspirational, and who knows? Maybe it will give others the courage to think things through and realize that they do not have to put up with ill treatment. The very best wishes to you! I hope you do something extra special for yourself. You deserve it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)