Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Thanks - Meh

Posted: Oct 9th, 2015 - 2:03 pm In Reply to: I felt the same way you do -sm - DZ

Some parents who aren't physically abusive and provide all the material needs seem to think they're perfect, as if you're not disadvantaged in any way. Having no guidance is a big disadvantage, perhaps more so than growing up poor but having emotional support and understanding and guidance and even having to work while still in high school. Some parents don't know what they're saying either. They say things out of frustration, which I understand because I'm a single meowmie and can get annoyed by my cat. My mother, however, didn't say my life is easy out of frustration, but she actually thinks my life is easy, and that misunderstanding is due to not being really involved with my life other than providing material needs. I used to feel like a freak too with my severe social anxiety, but with the Internet, I don't feel so alone and hear other people have it too. Also, I just don't dwell on social anxiety the way I used to. I don't worry about it. My consciousness has been able to shift to other things. I have learned the more I identify with being different, the more anxious I'm liable to be. However, I still want to be more social and interactive, but instead of identifying from having a problem (which can increase the problem due to it being the dominant thought), I'm able to think in terms of solutions more now. This change in consciousness happened on my own, probably could have happened sooner if I had been more directed during my upbringing by my parents rather than simply put in special education school, which just emphasized to me that there was something wrong with me that needed to be changed and that I'm not okay, thus emphasizing the problem and not solution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)