Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Misfit - Meh

Posted: Oct 8th, 2015 - 4:05 pm In Reply to: To Meh.... - ...

Thanks for understanding and sharing your story. Well, I think people who get into MT field these days are the at-risk or marginal or fringes of society (though originally this was a real profession, back in the day before I even knew about it). As I said, I was on SSI originally, so that makes me a "marginal" person. I chose this also because I suffer from social anxiety disorder, which is due to my extreme introversion but, as I learned recently, can be a symptom of childhood emotional neglect (CEN) or neglectful parenting. Intellectually, I think my parents care about me, but I've never felt loved. They didn't neglect me on purpose. They didn't know any better other than to feed and clothe and shelter me, which is why they really believe my life is easy (they're not just saying that to torment me.) Yes, MT field is for misfits nowadays. But even a misfit such as myself don't find making about $1000 a month satisfactory by no means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)